Two

First Light

Wooyoung was kneeling down on the floor. Khun sat in front of him.

“You could’ve have just told me the truth instead of bluffing and making it sound stupid. I’m sorry.” Wooyoung hung his head low, pouting.

“You could’ve injured me if I was a human”, Khun sighed. “You’re so dangerous.”

“I was trying to protect myself”, Wooyoung argued back.

“With a pan and a wooden spatula? Really?”

“Shut up!”

Khun chuckled at Wooyoung’s cute reaction. His whole face was red and flushed.

10 minutes earlier, Wooyoung had swung a pan across Khun’s face. To his surprise, the pan rebounded back instead of hitting him. There was no damage on Khun’s face. It’s still beautiful.

Then he realized that this man wasn’t lying when he said he is an angel.

“So, aren’t you going to tell me how you ended up here, in my house, on my bed?” Wooyoung asked.

“Promise me you won’t run away and hit me again?” Khun said while holding back his laugh.

Honestly, Wooyoung was too tired to get mad at Khun. He slapped Khun’s hand lightly.

Khun laughed and settled down a moment later.

Khun told Wooyoung that he was assigned to visit Wooyoung every morning. Since it has been 9 years since Wooyoung started living alone, he had been waking up alone, with nobody to talk to every morning. If he doesn't enjoy waking up in the morning, his mood will be affected for the whole day. Khun’s duty was to make sure that Wooyoung start his mornings feeling happy, and loved.
 

Every words that came out from Khun’s mouth made Wooyoung frown. Lonely? When did he ever complained that he was lonely? Khun’s story made Wooyoung felt pitiful, and he didn’t like that. Wooyoung had never told anyone that he needed companion. He never asked anyone to be with him just because he felt lonely. For him, being alone does not mean that he’s lonely.

“I’m sorry, but I’m perfectly fine myself.” Wooyoung said sternly.  “I don’t need someone to greet me every morning.”

Khun smiled sadly. “I wish you’d be true to yourself. You don’t have to hide your feelings.”

Wooyoung stayed quiet.

When was the last time he genuinely smiled? Was it a few weeks ago? Months? Or even years? He himself knew that he had been alone for so long, but he never thought it was a bother. It's normal for someone to be alone, that's what he had always thought.
The feeling of loneliness, unwanted, he had threw it away long ago.

Wooyoung didn't know what to do. All of a sudden, he felt his chest tightens. A trail of warm tear rolled down his cheeks. What does it feels like to have someone to care for you?

Khun wrapped his arms around Wooyoung and embraced him gently. The little one was sobbing on his shoulder.

"Shh," Khun shushed him, "I'm here now. It's okay."

They stayed still in each other's arms for a rather long time. Khun made sure to pat Wooyoung's head every now and then. When the sobbing died down, Khun released him from his embrace.
Wooyoung's eyes were red, his under eyes were even puffier and Khun thought that he still looked adorable. Wooyoung rubbed his face with the sleeves of his pyjamas.

"How long are you going to stay with me?" Wooyoung asked, his voice was soft.

"Until you feel happy about yourself, or until you found someone who can truly make you happy." Khun smiled softly.


***


"Now that you're here, you'll have to help me clean up this mess." Wooyoung folded his arms on his chest.

The vase that broke was still scattered on the floor. The cushions that he threw just now somehow ended up on the coffee table and other random spot. The kitchen was a mess, the pan was on the floor, the spatula was on the stove. Even his room was a wreck.

Khun bit his lips. "It wasn't my fault...."

Wooyoung glared at Khun.

"I'm sorry. I'll help you clean."

When the cushions were in place and the spatula was placed back to where it belongs, the clock struck 11 a.m.

Both of them laid on the bed, exhausted from cleaning up the house.

"I never thought my first task would be cleaning up your house," Khun chuckled.

Wooyoung ignored him.

"If you're an angel, shouldn't you have superpowers, or magic, maybe? Aside from the trick you showed me earlier."

"Uh," Khun turned around and laid on his stomach. "I don't." He smiled apologetically.

Wooyoung pouted upon hearing Khun's answer.

“Then how about a halo above your head?” Wooyoung moved his hands in circles above his head.

Khun laughed and shook his head.

“Wings?”

“Nope”, Khun couldn’t stop laughing at Wooyoung.

"Boooring~ Then you’re no different from a normal human being."

"You must have read too much fairytale when you were young." Khun said in between his breath, trying to stop laughing. Wooyoung pouted even more.
"It's not wrong to imagine stuffs like that." Wooyoung whimpered and rolled on his bed. His pouty lips were too adorable. Khun felt that this boy was too precious for anyone. Anyone, except him.

The bed was large enough for Wooyoung to roll around even with two people lying down. His sheets smelled fresh, as he just sent them for laundry earlier this week. Unlike others who lived alone, Wooyoung's house was pretty clean. He never liked his house to be disorganized or untidy. He’s pretty fussy about cleanliness, but he's really proud of having that trait.

"So, aren't you going out today?" Khun asked.

"No, I'm gonna stay home and finish up my new composition." Wooyoung answered flatly.

"Can I listen to it?" Khun's sudden question made Wooyoung stop rolling. He thought for a while, and looked back at Khun with a frown.

"No, it's not done yet. It doesn't sound good." Wooyoung said with a pout.

Khun smiled and laid down on his back again.

"Someday."

 

***

 

Wooyoung wasn't sure when he fell asleep, but Khun was nowhere to be seen.

He had looked everywhere in his house, but there were no traces of Khun. Wooyoung almost thought that it might had been a dream, but the vase that he broke earlier was still broken.

The feeling of loneliness crept back.

Wooyoung plop down on his bed and sighed heavily. He clenched his fists hard, his knuckles turned white and his nails dug into his palms.

"He will come back tomorrow morning. I'm sure." He tried to cheer himself up.

Wooyoung got up and took a shower.

 

That night, Wooyoung was extremely exhausted from editing his piece.

Every day, he would spend at least 10 hours editing and rearranging his composition. He’d repeat the same process until he’s fully satisfied with the outcome. But tonight, nothing actually went his way.

He thought he’d be able to at least make a progress today, but his mind seemed to betray him. His mind was a mess.

 

All that Wooyoung can think of right now is…. Khun.

The words he said earlier were still fresh in Wooyoung’s mind. Part of him couldn’t accept the truth, yet another part of him had already crumbled to pieces.

Wooyoung took out his phone from his pocket.

He checked his phone notifications ㅡ empty. The last time he received a message was a week ago, from his mother.

He checked his Twitter account ㅡ no interesting tweets. He rarely tweets anything anyway.

Why does he feel so empty now? Wooyoung never cared about his social life. But Khun’s words seemed to leave a huge scar in his heart.

 

Waking up alone. Eating alone. Working alone. He had done that for so long yet it never bothered him. So why now? Why does he only feel it now?

The painful tug in his heart never seemed to leave him, even after he went to bed that morning at 3 a.m.

 

- 7 a.m. -

The smell of freshly brewed coffee was aromatic, reminding Wooyoung of his favorite cafe back in his hometown. The sweet smell of cinnamon and butter mixed with the aroma of coffee, Wooyoung had almost thought that he was back in the cafe.

Except that he woke up on his bed.

"Good morning sleepy head~", a familiar voice was heard. Wooyoung opened his eyes to see Khun smiling ever so brightly at him.

God, he's even brighter than the sun. Wooyoung couldn't help but to smile back at him.

"Where did you go yesterday?" Wooyoung asked as he got up from his bed.

"I told you I'm a morning angel. I only work in the morning." Khun smirked.

"Yeah, right." Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

He made his way to the kitchen and Khun tagged behind him.

Wooyoung had never seen a complete breakfast set in his house.

"I brewed some coffee and made you mac & cheese. I made some cinnamon toast too, in case you wanted something sweet." Khun said, wiping his hands on his apron. Superman logo was printed on his apron.

Wooyoung stared at him in disbelief. He was at loss for words.

"Y-you don't have to do all this!"

"I knew you'd say that."

"If you knew, then why did you prepare all these?"

"Because I want to see you eat."

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow. Khun just shrugged and pushed Wooyoung down on the seat.

"Eat up." Khun handed over a bowl of mac & cheese.

Wooyoung took the first bite. The rich taste of cream and cheese in his mouth made him craving for more.

“This is delicious!” Wooyoung beamed at Khun, his hand still busy scooping the mac & cheese.

“I’m glad you liked it.” Khun smiled back at him. His cheeks were painted with a faint blush. As Wooyoung continued eating, Khun couldn’t stop looking at him. He ate it as if it’s the best food he’d ever had in a decade, or maybe a century. 5 minutes later, Wooyoung was the leftover cheese on his spoon.

“Now I don’t mind you coming here every morning. You’re a great cook!” Wooyoung put his spoon down.

Khun smiled gently upon hearing Wooyoung's words.
“What should we do next? I have 4 hours to spend with you before afternoon kicks in.” Khun asked.

4 hours seemed like a long time, but for Wooyoung, time had always passed quickly for him. He looked down and fiddled with the hem of his pyjamas. He wanted to spend more time with Khun, do a lot of things with him, but he can't seem to make up his mind. Khun cleared the table and pulled Wooyoung to the living room.

“How about we watch something together?” Khun suggested.

Wooyoung seemed reluctant at first, but he nodded.

They sat down on the couch. Khun looked through Wooyoung's DVD set and picked a movie.

30 minutes into the movie, Wooyoung felt his eyes closing. 

Damn.

 

☆゚.*・。゚.*・☆゚

Aaaah an update!!! 
i just want to say thank you so much for reading and subscribing ;;;

it means a lot to me ;___:
I hope you'll continue reading till the end of the story *showers you with hugs and kisses*

 

(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*