Three

First Light

Wooyoung wasn't surprised when he woke up on his bed. Did khun carry me to my bed?

He took his phone and checked the time ㅡ 2:34 p.m.

Obviously, his 4 hours sleep last night wasn't enough. Wooyoung got up and cleaned himself up.

As usual, he continued working until late at night. When his brain could no longer throw any ideas, he decided to stop.

The house was quiet. Every time Wooyoung finished editing, the sudden quietness engulfed him. Usually, Wooyoung would have gone straight to bed. But tonight, he felt something blossoming in his chest. This feeling, it wasn’t something Wooyoung had ever felt before. The dreadful nightmare no longer lingers, yet, a beautiful, sweet dream accompanied him every night.

The days repeated. waking up in the morning no longer feels grim, and sleeping at night excites him. Wooyoung himself wasn't sure what he was looking forward to every morning. Was it the fact that he had someone to talk to, or is it just because it's Khun?

Whenever Wooyoung looked at Khun, he always noticed how perfect he looked. Some days he'll stare at his soft brown hair. Or maybe his moles that always seems to be in odd places, like on his neck or behind his ear.

Some other days he noticed how fragile Khun's eyes looked. Whenever Wooyoung caught Khun staring at him, he always noticed his eyes glistening. Wooyoung thought that his eyes had always looked glassy.

And one day, he noticed how pink Khun's lips was. It's distracting him, so much that he felt like covering it, with his own lips. An angel was supposed to be beautiful, but Wooyoung did not expect him to make his heart pound so hard.

It has been a week since Khun started coming to his house.

Khun sat down on the sofa. Wooyoung sat right next to him, a few inches apart. Khun rummaged through Wooyoung’s DVD folder.

 

5 minutes later, all that was heard was a heavy sigh from Khun. He pushed the DVD folder aside and leaned on the couch.

“There’s nothing left to watch.” Khun looked at Wooyoung. The sudden look at Khun’s eyes made Wooyoung look down. He almost thought Khun had caught him staring.

“Maybe…” Wooyoung stared at his toes, wiggling it “Do you want to go out?” Wooyoung looked at Khun slowly. He was afraid if Khun was going to turn him down.

Instead, a bright smile was plastered on Khun’s face. If Wooyoung had to describe it, the smile on Khun’s face was brighter than the sun. It made him feel all bubbly and excited.

"Yeah! Let's go outside!" Khun was overjoyed, like a puppy going for his first walk. He got up and pulled Wooyoung, dragging him to the front door.

"N-no wait!" Wooyoung pulled his hand away from Khun's grasp. "I'm still in my pyjamas."

Khun laughed as soon as he saw Wooyoung's embarrassed face. "Sorry~ Go wash up. I'll wait for you." Khun smiled widely.

"But, it's already 10 a.m... We don't have that much time left", Wooyoung said with a sulky tone.

"2 hours is enough! We can go out again tomorrow", Khun assured.

Among the words spoken by Khun, only one word caught his attention; tomorrow.

Hearing that, Wooyoung smiled almost immediately. Even when he was changing into his casual attire, he couldn't stop thinking about tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day. His mornings will be filled with nothing but memories with Khun.

When Wooyoung showed up in his casual attire, Khun couldn't stop staring at him. He wore a plain white sweatshirt, matched with a dark grey jeans and white sneakers. His round glasses made his cheeks look chubbier.

"Finally, you're wearing something else other than your pyjamas." Khun said playfully. Wooyoung scrunched his nose and punched Khun lightly.

"It's because you come so early in the morning. I can't be wearing jeans to bed!"

When Wooyoung opened the front door, he heard Khun said something like 'you look really good'. It made him blush but he did not look at Khun.

They stepped outside of Wooyoung's apartment and the cool spring breeze welcomed them. Khun closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Wooyoung, instead, was staring at him. He realized how long Khun's eyelashes were.

"It feels good to be outside", Khun said slowly as he opened his eyes. Wooyoung immediately looked forward and nodded. They walked aimlessly, letting their legs bring them wherever they might end up.

Khun was enjoying it so much. He went back and forth, sometimes slower than Wooyoung, sometimes much faster than him. He stopped by the road to look at the bushes, he chased after the birds, he smiled at everything. Wooyoung felt like Khun was a child trapped in an adult body. It was adorable.

A smile slowly formed on Wooyoung's face.

When they reached the park, Wooyoung took a seat on the nearest bench. Khun, however, was still fascinated by the scenery.
“I like this place! It’s beautiful”, Khun said cheerfully. Wooyoung liked the way Khun looked at everything, like it’s his first time seeing it. Khun wandered around the park, his smile never left his face.

I wish this will last forever.

Wooyoung's sudden thought gave him chills. He immediately grabbed his phone to check the time ㅡ 11:59 a.m. Wooyoung got up and ran towards the spot where Khun was standing, but he was no longer there.

Wooyoung stayed at the same spot for 30 minutes in silence.

 

***

 

The walk back home wasn't as enjoyable. The cool spring breeze felt icy cold. The flowers that bloomed at the sidewalks no longer looked as beautiful. Wooyoung trudged as he stared at pebbles that lies on the road.

He wondered if people can actually see Khun, or was it just him?

Wooyoung reached home and started working immediately. He seemed to be making progress nowadays. His heart no longer feel heavy, and his mind is clear. He thought of letting Khun listen to his songs, but not until he finish this piece. No, not yet.

When the night sinks in, Wooyoung was still working.

11 hours of working non stop really worn him out. Even when his eyes are focused on the screen, his mind wandered somewhere else. It was bothering him. He never took this long to finish mixing one song. Weeks had passed and he’s still stuck here, in front of his computer, trying to figure out whether he should make the bass sound louder, or lower it.
“I could really use someone’s opinion right now…” Wooyoung said with a heavy sigh. He rested his head on the desk.

 

Wooyoung thought about the time he spent with Khun today. It was his first time walking to the park with someone, and it was unbelievably exciting. He felt his heart warming up for Khun. Wooyoung closed his eyes and imagined the scene when they both walked to the park. It made him smile.
 

The clock struck 12 a.m.

 

☆゚.*・。゚.*・☆゚

This chapter is really short and i'm terribly sorry :( I don't have the time to write but when i do have time, my writer's block showed no mercy. So... i'd probably update once a week, if i had the time. 

enough ranting, i'd like to thank you for your comments and subs and upvote T___T it really keeps me going. I read your comments and it really warms my heart <33

p.s.: the next chapter will be different ;)

(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*