- First

First Light


When I bumped into him on my way to the park, I never thought he'd leave a mark in me.

 

A guy was lying on the ground, his notebook flew a few inches away from him. He rubbed his head and groaned in annoyance.

"Ugh, seriously! Watch where you're going!" The man picked up his notebook, got up and brushed off the dust on his jeans.

The other guy who bumped into him bowed repetitively, muttering 'I'm sorry' and bowing at the same time.

"You should be careful next time, Mr...” His eyes diverted onto the name tag on the other guy's shirt. His eyes went wide for a second. "Nichkhun."

 

Nichkhun stopped bowing and looked at him for a moment.

 

"How did you... ", before Nichkhun could even finish his sentence, he covered his name tag with hand. ”Right, my name tag. I'm really sorry." Nichkhun said apologetically. He rubbed his nape and smiled wryly.

The other guy chuckled. He adjusted his round glasses in place and extended his hand out. Nichkhun looked at his hand. His skin was milky white and Nichkhun could see beautiful greenish blue veins at the back of his hand. He had clean and short fingernails.

"I'm Wooyoung. Jang Wooyoung."

 

When I learnt his name, I knew I had to know more about him.

 

 

***

 

 

"You're a composer? That's cool!" Nichkhun exclaimed. Wooyoung rubbed his cheeks lightly with his palms, trying to hide the hint of blush on his face. Both of them sat on a bench in the park. The crisp air made Nichkhun's skin tingle. The autumn wind blew gently, and Nichkhun couldn’t help but to look at Wooyoung. His cheeks were red, his ears are as well.

"What about you?" Wooyoung looked at Nichkhun. Nichkhun smiled sweetly and took out a card from his pocket. He handed the card to Wooyoung and he took it with both hands.

"I'm a psychologist", Nichkhun said.

Wooyoung looked at the card, then Nichkhun, back at the card, then looked at Nichkhun again, this time his eyes sparkled with astonishment.

"You're a doctor? That's even cooler!" The excitement in Wooyoung's voice made Nichkhun smile.

"I'm not as cool as you. Making music is a difficult job." Nichkhun clasped his hands together, his fingers crossed.

"It is difficult, but I enjoyed it." Wooyoung’s lips were curved into a smile.

 

 

Badump

 

 

Nichkhun clutched his chest, as he felt his heart skipped a beat.

“My clinic is just nearby. My address is written in the card. Come see me anytime.” Nichkhun said.
“I will.” Wooyoung smiled back.

Nichkhun felt his heart skip a beat again.

 

 

Back in his office, Nichkhun threw his coat away and plop onto the chair, sighing heavily. His hand was still clutching his chest. What is this feeling? Nichkhun himself wasn’t entirely sure what made his heart skip a beat. Even right now, his heart was beating wildly. He took a deep breath and exhaled loudly.

Nichkhun wasn’t the type who’d go all nervous because of someone. He wasn’t even this nervous when he broke up with his ex-girlfriend last year. Heck, this time, his heart is pounding wildly for a guy.

A soft knock on the door made Nichkhun jumped slightly off his seat.
“Y-yes, come in,” Nichkhun cleared his throat.

A young women dressed in white nurse uniform opened the door and smiled at him.
“Your patient had been waiting for almost an hour, doc.” She gestured towards the rows of people waiting at the waiting room just outside his office.

“I’m sorry. Please let the first patient come in now.” Nichkhun smiled apologetically and sat up straight.


I have to see him again.

 

Meanwhile, Wooyoung was still at the park. He eyes were fixed on the pile of dry leaves on the ground, but his hands were busy scribbling on his notebook.
Wooyoung was trying to find inspiration and write lyrics for his song. Although it seemed like Wooyoung was busy writing, he was absent mindlessly thinking about the guy he met earlier, Nichkhun. 
He turned the page of his notebook and saw something scribbled at the edge of the page.

010-2797-xxxx
Call me? = ]

 

"Sly guy", Wooyoung smirked.

 

The next day, they met on the same place, on the same time. Both were pretty shy and awkward, but they seemed to enjoy the time they spent together. Wooyoung learned that Nichkhun owns his own clinic, and Nichkhun learned that Wooyoung had worked with several great artists. Both of them were from a completely different work line, but it never seemed to be a problem. Lunch breaks are the only time when they can meet, and Wooyoung had always been punctual.

“Do you want to go grab lunch next time? You didn’t eat anything during lunch break.” Wooyoung said, worried as Nichkhun had always spent his lunch break with him at the park.

“I’m fine with not eating. But I know this good restaurant we can go tomorrow!” Nichkhun smiled at Wooyoung.

Every lunch breaks were spent together starting that day.

 

As time passes by, they bid goodbyes and went back to their jobs. However, they continued talking on the phone later at night. The conversations were never ending.

 

A week later, the conversations went deeper through the night. Sometimes, it ends at 5 a.m. and they both went to bed with smiles plastered on their faces. The fact that they barely had enough rest doesn't seem to be a bother.

 

Wooyoung enjoyed talking to Nichkhun. He listened to him earnestly, and Wooyoung loved that part of him. Wooyoung had never opened up to someone, let alone to a stranger whom he just met a week ago. But he feels something in Nichkhun. He's different, He makes him feel comfortable, like talking to a best friend whom you've known for 10 years. Nichkhun understands him and Wooyoung felt that he could almost tell even the most embarrassing moment in his life to him (Except that he was being rational and kept quiet about it).

 

On the other hand, every time Wooyoung started telling his story, Nichkhun would lie down and close his eyes, drowning himself in Wooyoung's sweet voice. There is something in his voice that pulled Nichkhun deeper, unsure whether it's a charm or magic, Nichkhun admitted that Wooyoung’s voice was addictive. Wooyoung would talk and talk about anything, throughout the night. Nichkhun wasn't complaining though. From the lamest joke to a serious discussion, Nichkhun would listen to him. When both of them stopped talking, even the silence doesn’t feel awkward at all. Gradually, he realized that it wasn't just his voice that he's addicted to.

It's Wooyoung himself.

 

Not long after, both of them knew that they had something that binds them together, but no one seemed to be brave enough to make the first move.

 


***


"Wooyoung-ah," Nichkhun whispered. His soft airy voice sent chills down Wooyoung's spine. "Pour me another glass." Nichkhun smiled with his eyes half open. His face were red and his hair was a beautiful mess. 

"No, you've drank enough. It's the third bottle now!" Wooyoung snatched Nichkhun's glass away, causing Nichkhun to pout. 

"Come on, we've never had the chance to drink together like this. One more glass please." 

Wooyoung's expression softened and he gave Nichkhun his glass back. "Just, one last time. Okay?"
Nichkhun smiled and raised his glass.


They both finished it in one shot.

 


Nichkhun felt as it his head was crushed by an elephant in his sleep. He grunted and tried to get up, but his body felt lifeless. He opened his eyes and looked around. He absolutely had no recollection of going back home last night. Then, Nichkhun noticed a note pasted on the mirror. 

Maybe you shouldn't drink too much. 
Don't worry about me. 
Get some rest and call me when you feel better.
                                              - Wooyoung

 

Nichkhun grabbed his phone and dialed Wooyoung's number. I've caused so much trouble... Is he mad at me? Nichkhun thought. A few seconds later, Wooyoung picked up the phone.

"Hello?-"

"Wooyoung-ah! Did you get home safely? I'm really sorry for all the troubled I've caused last night..." Nichkhun's voice trailed off. He was so worried.

Instead, Wooyoung chuckled softly. "I'm alright. I wasn't that drunk last night. I'm sorry but i searched through your wallet for your house address." Nichkhun exhaled and smiled in relief. 

"Thank you, really. I asked you out for a drink yet i ended up troubling you. Did i do anything weird to you last night?"

There was silence for a while.

"Wooyoung-ah?" Nichkhun called out.

"........" There was no reply.

"Wooyoung? Are you there?" Nichkhun called out again, a little louder this time.

"Ah, yes?" Wooyoung's voice sounded surprised. "I'm sorry but i'll call you again later at night."

"Okay.. Sorry to bother you when you're busy." Nichkhun apologized.

"Mm, it's okay. Talk to you later." Wooyoung quickly ended the call. Nichkhun stared at his phone for a while and sighed. That was the shortest conversation he ever had with Wooyoung.

Wooyoung leaned his head back against the wall. He tugged his shirt and clutched his chest. His heart was beating rapidly, it feels like it's going to jump out anytime soon. 

 

Scenes from yesterday flashed back in his mind and he felt his cheeks warming up. 

Did Nichkhun really meant what he said last night?

 

 

☆゚.*・。゚.*・☆゚

In case if you guys are confused, this chapter took place in autumn, while the previous chapter was during spring. It's different year but you'll know it soon :D

And i'm really sorry for not updating last week *sobs* looks like i might update when i have the chance. But really, thanks for reading <3

(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*