One

First Light

“Don’t forget me.”

The words came out painfully sad, and it echoed repetitively throughout the dark void.

Wooyoung groaned, he rubbed his temple, as the dream he had earlier had messed with his head. He opened his eyes and stared onto the white ceiling. The dream had occurred for three consecutive days, yet Wooyoung could not decipher the meaning behind the weird dream.

Every morning, he wakes up with this heavy feeling in his heart, and today was no exception.

 

Wooyoung grew up normally. He was showered with love by his parents and sister ever since the day he was born. Wooyoung was a shy boy, but he always managed to make a friend or two during his school days. He was never lonely.... until he graduated from high school.

One by one, he started losing contact with his friends. He knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Wooyoung decided that it's best that he continued his studies in Seoul so he bid goodbye to his family. 

Years had passed, Wooyoung was still the same shy boy. It was hard to admit but Wooyoung had never been in a relationship. He never cared for one either. 9 years of living in Seoul, Wooyoung graduated and stepped into the composition world. 

He met a lot of people under this career. Artists, composers, music directors.  Everyone whom Wooyoung have met were very nice to him, it is a norm.

He worked hard to be like other composers.

Day and night, he spent his time practicing, composing music. His passion for music never dies out. The repeating cycle never tires him out. 

 

Except that Wooyoung was kind of lonely.


Wooyoung stretched his arms out and ended up hitting something with his left arm. A man was sleeping by his bedside.
Immediately, Wooyoung jolted up but he stopped his movements to calm himself down.

‘If he wakes up right now he might kill me straight away’, Wooyoung thought nervously.

He stared at the man for a while, trying to memorize the details of his face (he thought it might be a good idea to report him to the police if the man ever ran away). Wooyoung carefully studied his soft brown hair that messily covered his forehead, his thick eyebrows, his perfectly pointy nose and his pinkish lips. There seems to be trails of tears on his milky white skin.


Wooyoung could not help but to think of how beautiful this man was.
Even when the man’s eyes fluttered open, Wooyoung was still staring at him.

Wooyoung then realized that this beautiful man might still be a murderer and if he don’t run away now, he might get killed. But he couldn’t move, his eyes were fixed on the man’s face.

“Wooyoung-ah…”, the man whispered, his face was melancholic, but it quickly turned into a smile. 
‘He definitely is an angel’, the thought ran past Wooyoung’s mind.

“How do you know my name? Who... What are you?” his words came out shaky.

“What am I? I guess…” The man looked at his hands for a while, “I’m a morning angel?”

Wooyoung almost snorted. “That’s cheesy.” Wooyoung replied, his fear seemed to disappear upon hearing the man’s reply.
“I definitely am cheesy,” The man smiled. “You can call me Khun.”

 

Wooyoung still thought that this man, Khun, might kill him if he’s not careful enough, but his heart was telling him that Khun is a good guy. He sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. The thought of having a beautiful man sitting by his bedside still makes him dizzy.

Khun came closer and held Wooyoung’s hand, immediately stopping him from rubbing his eyes.

“I am real. This isn’t a dream.” Khun whispered slowly. His words were enchanting. Sweet, delicate, voice that chains Wooyoung.

They stared into each other's eyes for a while. Wooyoung could see his reflection in Khun's brown orbs. Puffy face, messy hair and disorganized. 

That's what you get for staying up late at night while eating instant noodles.
Wooyoung quickly turned around and slapped his cheeks hard. 

 

"Argh! I look horrible!" Wooyoung groaned and messed with his hair to fix it in place, but failed nevertheless. Khun couldn't help but to chuckle at Wooyoung's cute reaction.

 

“What are you laughing at?!” Wooyoung pouted. “Forget it. Who are you? What do you want from me?”
The expression on Khun’s face changed. His smile faded. His eyes darted to the ceiling, the bedsheet, the floor, everywhere, except for Wooyoung’s eyes.

“I, I don’t really know how to explain this... But will you believe my words?” Khun was still avoiding Wooyoung’s face, as if he’s unsure of what’s to come next. Wooyoung gulped and tried not to think of any bad thoughts. The expression Khun's face was somehow mesmerizing.

 

Warm sunshine crept through the curtains, dimly lighting up the room. The sound of birds chirping in the morning had always calmed Wooyoung down, but not today. The tension rose within every second that passed.

Khun took a deep breath and locked his gaze into Wooyoung’s eyes.
.

.

.


“I really am a morning angel.”

.

.

.

The sound of birds chirping started to annoy Wooyoung.

A pillow flew straight from Wooyoung’s hand and landed right on Khun’s face. The attack kept on coming and Khun had to cover his face with his arms to block the pillows. 

“If you’re going to tell a lie, then tell me something that actually makes sense!” Wooyoung exploded. 


When there was no more pillows left to throw, Wooyoung immediately stood up and ran. 

Khun blinked and stood still for a while, unable to process of what had happened just now.

He slammed his bedroom door and ran to the living room. 
'Should I call the police? Should I run for my life?' Thoughts ran wild on Wooyoung's mind. 

Wooyoung frantically searched for his phone and ended up knocking a vase down. The sound of shattering glass startled him.

"Ugh, !" Wooyoung cursed under his breath.

He clumsily searched the sofa, throwing the cushions all over the living room but then he realized that he left his phone back in his room. Wooyoung felt like ripping his hair out.

 

Following his instincts, Wooyoung ran to the kitchen to find something to protect himself with.

Footsteps came closing in and Wooyoung hid underneath the counter. He felt his heartbeat rising, his breathing was getting heavy and his palms were sweaty. 
'This feels like a scene in a drama, except that i'm gonna get killed for real', Wooyoung almost thought out loud.

 

If he was murdered, will it be too late to tell his parents that he missed them very much?

Will there still be time for him to confess to his ex-classmate that he was happy to be their friend although they lost contact?

Will he be able to meet his pet chick in heaven later on?

 

The sound of footsteps were no longer audible, and all that's left was the sound of Wooyoung's heavy breathing. He stayed still for a few seconds before peeking out from the counter. 
HIs gaze was greeted by Khun's smile.

"You really don't know how to hide, don't you?" Khun's low breathy voice sent chills down to his spine.

 

Wooyoung swore he saw his life ending.

 

☆゚.*・。゚.*・☆゚

 

Yaaaaaaay first chapter! *pops confetti*
How was it? I never thought it would end up like this.. what do you think will happen? *wriggle eyebrows*

Forgive my lousy words selection and bad grammar, english isn't my first language *bows*

Please comment down below, positive or negative feedback. 
Thank you for reading!!!

(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*