Chapter Four

Kiss me

Lavender's blue dilly dilly

 

“Jeon Jungkook?”

Jungkook was snapped out of his trance by his friend, Taehyung. He was currently at his manor that he shared with his new fiancé, as they invited their friends over for tea at their new home. Kim Namjoon, heir to the automobile industry, he was currently sipping on his cup of tea as he gave Jungkook a curious look as well as Kim Seokjin and Min Yoongi. He blinked and noticed that he had dropped his cup of tea on the floor.

“Oh good lord, I am so sorry Taehyung!” He stumbled and the others gave a concern look to Jungkook, as Taehyung chuckled at his clumsiness and told the maids to clean the mess he created.

“Jungkook, are you okay?” Namjoon asked. Seokjin glanced at the young prince but returned back to sipping on his tea. He hadn’t told anyone what he had witnessed the other day in city however he knew that this young woman was affecting him, severely as well.

“Y-yes? Why wouldn’t I be?” He chuckled, however everyone seemed to have read through him like a window.

“Has it got to do with a young lasso?” Yoongi asked, almost instantly Jungkook and Seokjin froze on their spot. Of course, it was no other than Min Yoongi, he was a clever deductive man and there was a reason why he was working with Scotland Yard.

There was silence as if it was a taboo subject, after all Jungkook wasn’t like their good friend Hoseok who always found a way with women, or Taehyung who had settled down with someone, or Namjoon and Yoongi who have someone already, or even Seokijin who had a secret mistress that no one had known about. He was the only lad out of them who had not experienced or gone into the waters of love, he was so innocent and oblivious to the boundaries of love.

“Oh my, why is the atmosphere so dark?” Sujeong gasped as she walked with her friends and sat at the table under the trees where the males were taking refuge. She took her seat next to Taehyung while the other males had their partners do the same, leaving poor Jungkook all alone.

“Jungkook dear, you look like you are dying to ask a question.” Sujeong teased and the said young man blushed and shook his hands as he denied the fact. “I am only teasing darling, do ask your question I will answer anything for the prince of my nation.”

Jungkook sometimes forgot his title around his friends as he was so casual around them , he always told them to forget such formalities as he felt there was no need as he was just a young man called Jeon Jungkook and happened to be related to the king, nothing more or less.

“May I talk to you privately?”

Sujeong and Taehyung looked at one another, both worried. Jungkook hardly talked to Sujeong privately plus Taehyung knew that Jungkook had no problems with her but it still worried why Jungkook wanted to talk to her, alone.

 

 “What type of flowers does Miss Yein like?” he played with his fingers like a shy child. Honestly Sujeong couldn’t believe that the man in front of her was the same age as her.

“Jungkook, do you like Yein?”

“Why of course, she is the kindest person in the world and who wouldn’t like her! She’s a great-“

“Not as a friend.” Sujeong  said with a soft gaze that made Jungkook blink several times. “There is no doubt that you are not interested in her, and I could tell from the moment you laid eyes on her.”

“I don’t know about love… but I like being around her.” Jungkook explained while they sat down under a tree. “She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen- of course after my mother.” He added quickly which Sujeong chuckled, “And she makes me feel happy, and this weird fuzzy feeling, and its almost like whenever I spend time with her it’s never enough. I want to be with her all the time; she comes not only into my dreams at night but during the day as well. I can never help but wonder what is she doing? Is she tired? Does she think about me like how I think about her all the time? Is she happy now? I pray to god that she hasn’t hurt herself, and-“

“Jungkook, I think you are madly in love with my dear friend.” Sujeong cut him off from his monologue. Jungkook blushed a bit and realized he was rambling on, but honestly words were not enough to describe her.

“I believe I’m in love with her as well and that what scares me the most.” He ran his fingers through his raven hair.

“Why is that?”

“Because I love her.” He breathed out with terrible sorrow. “She will have to suffer so much and I am not stupid to realize that we come from two totally different social classes. My brother wouldn’t bless our marriage at all and my parents would be disappointed in me. How could the second prince of England fall for a handmaid that was stuck to the duties of the household and always cleaning after others.”

“Jungkook, love is something rare. I believe in this world there is only one person that holds the key to your happiness and half of us don’t meet that person in our life time. When you meet that person, you shouldn’t let go of them no matter what because you may never ever see them again. “ Sujeong looked up at the sky with eyes of wisdom, Jungkook could see why Taehyung fell in love with her because behind that small frame there was a bigger person with more wisdom than her age. “ Jungkook what if she is the one?”

“But we can’t-“

“Love overrules any obstacles in life.”  She quickly answered, with a smile as she turned to him. “Some people have life easier for them where they can love the person that has their heart with ease, however for some unfortunate people, fate make’s their love almost impossible however more rewarding than the others. Because they appreciate that person more and when their time comes and they can be together, it is everlasting and pure.”

“Which type of people are you and Taehyung?” Jungkook asked with curiosity, Sujeong didn’t reply but she gave him a soft smile, the one that a mother gives her child.

“Yein’s favorite flowers are daisies.”

 

***

‘Lavender’s blue, dilly dilly, Lavender’s green…’

Jungkook sang as he walked around Taehyung’s garden filled with flowers and the wild. Since Taehyung was quite wealthy and was a cousin of the royal family, his estate was rather large and even had a small forest inside. Jungkook never was the type of person that wanted an estate and rather live in a simple cottage. Despite disliking the rather large estate, he walked around and sang to himself as he thought carefully about what Sujeong had told him, Taehyung was in the right mind to make Sujeong as his wife, as she was logical and rational in comparison to other women.

‘When I am king, dilly dilly, you shall be queen.’

‘Who told you so, dilly dilly, Who told you so?’

He searched for the sweet melodic voice that responded to him, it was strangely familiar and brought back old memories. He searched through the maze like garden and carefully followed where the voice came from.

‘Twas my own heart, dilly dilly, That told me so.’

He responded to the sweet voice and he heard soft laughter as he turned the corner, he saw a flash of blonde hair that turned the other corner. He ran towards the girl but all of a sudden she was gone, he was left confused.

‘I love to dance, dilly dilly, I love to sing.

‘When I am queen, dilly dilly, you will be my king’

Jungkook ran around the next corner as he saw a golden hair as the little girl giggled, it was almost as if  the small girl was waving at him to come and follow him. He chuckled and ran towards her.

When it had seemed like he had reached the center of the maze, he saw a young woman with long blonde hair sitting in the middle of the pagoda, making a crown of flowers out of daisies. When she finished singing the last note, she looked up at him and with her blue eyes he was captivated into her gaze like when they first met.

‘Lavender’s green, dilly dilly, Lavender’s blue’

‘if you love me, dilly dilly, I will love you’

“H-How do you know that song?” he stuttered.

“I used to sing it all the time with this boy, he was my dear friend.” Yein smiled and gestured him to come near to sit with her under the pagoda.

“A childhood friend??”  he asked and she nodded to confirm with him.

“Ah speaking of children, did you see a young girl with blonde hair in pigtails?” Jungkook swore she came this way. Yein looked at him skeptically, as she clearly remembered seeing no children running around in this garden. After all if you didn’t know the way, you could get lost.

“It must have been my imagination…” he mumbled to himself, a bit embarrassed and she chuckled at his adorable awkward smile.

“What brings you here, Lord Jungkook?” Yein asked as she placed the flowers she collected on the stone bench she was resting on, and Jungkook had come to rest on as well.

“I was following my heart and it lead me to here.” He said with confidence and Yein was taken back by his bold words. She felt her heart flutter at his words and a blush crept onto her cheeks.

“What brings you here my dear Yein.” He sat closer towards her and she wasn’t sure if she was relief that he changed the subject or she was even more flustered by their proximity.

“I was looking at the daisy and thought of my childhood.” She played with the daisies as she twirled and twisted them into a vine which slowly formed half a crown.

“Shall I finish off making the crown for you, my queen?” Jungkook joked and she chuckled and went along with it.

 Although Jungkook couldn’t remember clearly, he started to bind the daisies together and Yein chuckled as she placed her small hands on his and showed him how to do it. He felt his heart flutter as he looked up and stared at her. She was truly beautiful and it made him wonder how she was not a princess of some sort.

“Done!” he placed the finished crown of daisy on her head and at that moment, she truly looked like a princess. She smiled and placed a ring onto his finger that connected to his heart. It was a ring made out of a single daisy, and although it was something fragile that could be broken easily. Jungkook knew that he would keep this close to his heart.

“Oh my… it’s raining” she exclaimed and he looked towards the garden as the rain poured down, however there was no clouds that were grey but white fluffy ones, and instead of the sun hiding from the world, it was shinning as though it wanted to be acknowledged. Both of them admired the scene played before them, until Jungkook realized that they had no umbrella to return back to the mansion.

“Yein, we don’t have an umb-“

“I want to dance in the rain!” She took off her shoes and walked right into the rain, without a second thought. Before he could catch her small wrist she was dancing the sun shower as the small droplets sprinkled around her and on her, and something about this scene just made Jungkook fall for her all over again.

“Come, Jungkook!” She held her hand out and he hesitated. Since he was young, he was told never to walk in the rain because it was said that he would be swept away into the bedroom forever.

“Do not be afraid my lord, the rain is nothing scary. It won’t hurt you or harm you in any way but merely kiss you. There is nothing to fear because this particular rain will not bring any sort of illness, look! The sun is smiling at us and telling us it will protect us!” She exclaimed and he chuckled at her smiling face as she walked closer to him with her hand held out. “There is no one here to see you, besides who made the rule that even the prince of country cannot walk in the rain barefoot, sing and dance?” She asked and he only shook his head with a silly smile and took her small hand.

“Yein, you’re freezing!” he gasped when he felt her cold hand but she pulled him into her and the rain softly fell on him. Indeed she was correct, the rain wasn’t painful but bearable, it was soft and although it was a rather cold experience, he had more fun than ever. He danced with her and they sang childish nursery rhymes together and even played.

It was a beautiful moment in his life that he wished to keep to himself and share with no other, one that he would treasure. He suddenly felt regret being born as the second prince of the nation because god knew when he would have time with her like this; where he didn’t have to worry if someone was watching or judging him for approaching such a humble lady. He wished he was a young man who was a blacksmith or a common servant like her because at the very least they could be together without problems.


A/N

Heyyyy everyone!

I’m sorry about my notice if you read at the beginning, like I explained in the ‘not an update chapter’ I would really like to develop this story well and deliver you guys the best of my abilities. AND have you guys watched bts’s BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS?!!?!?!?! DAMNNN I felt like I was dropped into a sinkhole! I literally woke up in the morning and saw a reaction video  by this youtuber and I was like what dafauq?! It has come out already?!!?! And man I watched it the first time and I have to admit the concept behind each video is so deep man like especially this music video. I remember seeing so much symblolic codes and conventions and all that media crap that I learn at school and I was like KK what are they trying to do to us?! Nevertheless I enjoyed it so much thoooooo, *okay enough ranting xD*

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and please continue to give this story lots of love, and comment your thoughts! Also please subscribe if you like?/love? This story xD Even if they are slow updates, I will promise to finish this!

Lovemissachi xx