Chapter One

Kiss me

Four Seconds and I fell for her...

London 1666

 

It was one of the fancy masquerade parties where all the counts, viscounts and important people of the court were invited including their families. Jungkook was a young lad with dashing raven hair and sapphire eyes that made young woman melt with just his gaze, he had many admirers that had tried to impress him with their looks, charms and wealth; however he paid no interest in them. In life, Jungkook only wished to fall in love and devote his everything to a woman that didn’t need to impress him because she had already impressed him. As much as his parents had tried to arrange him a marriage with a wealthy girl of status and virtue, none of them had impressed him with just their natural self.

But that changed all that night.

“Did you hear about that viral disease?”

The woman gasped when the other brunette mentioned this, “ You dare to speak of that black death that haunts people and take away the children, women and men of Great London?!”

“Hush, I am positive that no one will capture such thing.” The blonde woman who stood proud and tall, calmly answered with confidence that all women wished they had.

“There’s a possibility for everything, young lady.” A short red hair woman commented.

“Therefore we should pray that no one would catch such a viral disease that strips London of its virtue.” The blonde had sipped onto the champagne as she raised the glass into the air, “I pray that London will be saved from Death’s hands and we among us are spared.”

With a clash of glassware, the three sipped away the alcoholic drink and smiled at one another before discussing more about London and the new fashion trends that were roaming among all the royal families. Jungkook who wore a white mask that disguised his identity but revealed his impeccable facial features that could not be ignored by the all the women in this room, he passed by the three young women to talk to his friends.

“Jungkook! Look at you all dressed up, out shining all the young lads in the room.” A lanky man with a cocky smile, slung an arm around his neck.

“Hoseok, my dear friend. I’m sure there are fine women in the room that have their eyes on you.” Jungkook winked at a young lass across the room who blushed as she was caught starring at his lanky friend.

“Jungkook and Hoseok, both of you are dashing young lads, I am sure that you will have someone to accompany you to be by the end of the night.” A tall man greeted them, one of the eldest who was a successful entrepreneur, Kim Seokjin.

“I heard that your cousin’s youngest brother had gotten engaged to a young lady.”

“Indeed I have, and her name is Ryu Sujeong.”

A man with blonde hair and a square smile that made women knees feel weak was standing alongside a beautiful woman with long brown hair and bangs. She was petite and her arms were wrapped around her fiancé’s arm as the two seemed close. After all they were childhood friends since they were born and knew each other better than anyone else in the world.

“Jungkook.” She greeted with a smile, “It has been a long time has it not?”

“Indeed, my sister in law.” He smirked with a wink and Taehyung threw him a glare.

“Don’t try and charm my lady with your looks, Jeon.” He warned in which Jungkook only smirked more as both went to a hand to hand wrestle while Sujeong was distracted as she saw a silhouette  walk by that she would never forget.

“Oh dear lord! It can’t be!” She waltz over to the young beautiful lady from before that stood tall and proud.

“Oh my, is it Sujeong?” She smiled and gave the other lady a small curtsy before hugging the other.

Taehyung and Jungkook had both stopped their childish wrestling as their attention was turned to the two young ladies embracing one another. Taehyung wondered who this mysterious woman that his fiancé had no introduced him to as he practically knew all her friends. On the other hand, Jungkook was frozen on the spot.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Those four seconds he fell in love and for the first time in his life he never saw anyone as pretty as her.

It was her eyes, they were beautiful and captivating. A deep green that was accompanied by a blue mixed with brown around her iris. Her eyes were big, bright and they shined when she talked to Sujeong.

Then it was her smile, and her lips that were small. Her smile was magical and everything around her seemed to brighten up and it was like she was the light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly Sujeong and her started to walk towards Taehyung and him and he felt nervous all of a sudden. His heart raced a bit faster and he felt his palm sweat a bit. Taehyung noticed his sudden change in behaviour as he raised a brow, observing the nervous Jungkook.

 Something that was new.

“This is my fiancé, Kim Taehyung.” Sujeong introduced the blonde man to the taller woman, who he assumed was someone that held importance to his soon-to-be wife.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I heard a lot about you.” Taehyung smiled and glanced over at Jungkook who was dumbfounded next to him. He nudged him to get his life together in front of her, as his best friend was obviously smitten by her.

“This is my close friend, Jeon Jungkook.” He coughed and Jungkook came back to reality and bowed before she gave him an eyes smile that made his heart melt more.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr Jeon- or should I say Sir Jungkook?” She did a curtsy and he became flustered, waving his hands frantically, telling her there was no need for her to do so.

“A beautiful lady like you shouldn’t bow her head to a man like me.”

The young lady looked taken back by Jungkook statement in which he mentally slapped himself for saying something so frivolous. She laughed at his expression and regained her posture with a confident smile.

“I am a close friend of Sujeong. My name is Jung Yein.”

Jungkook didn’t respond but stared into her captivating eyes until he realised that she said her name. He was so taken by her beauty that he was so star struck. She giggled at his actions and found it adorable how a respectful man such as himself was fumbling.

“Jung Yein…” The way her name rolled off his tongue seemed to have surprised Yein as her name almost sounded melodic the way he had said her name once more quietly.

“Lord Jeon, would you like to dance?” Yein asked with a smile as she could see that the young man was not married and she had heard many rumours that he had no interest in women what so ever.

“P-pardon…?!”

Yein let out a string of laughter as she watched the poor  young lord expression change from a dream state to a surprised hare that has discovered that its food had been eaten. She had to admit that she found his cluelessness and looks attractive.

“Would you care to dance with me?”

“Of course! Miss Jung,” he bowed and held one hand out, “Would care to take this dance?”

She slipped her hand into his that fit perfectly and she smiled, “Yes.”

Both entered into the dance with all the other couples, Yein had to admit she could feel all the stares from the young ladies her age and older as many women had their eyes on the young lord she was dancing along with. When she accidentally stepped onto his feet she immediately gave him a string of apologies as he winced in pain but chuckled after. She felt her cheeks heat up as she felt embarrassment overcome her.

“Jungkook.”

“Pardon?” Yein looked up surprised that he was talking to her as he appeared uninterested in her before and was merely staring off into the distance.

“You can call me Jungkook. I personally don’t fancy titles such as lord and sir.”

“I don’t fancy such titles as well, Jungkook.” Yein gave him a smile that pulled his lips into a bright smile as well. Both of them swayed and waltzed around during the whole night, talking as if they had been friends since childhood. Later both had left the ballroom and went to a more private area in the garden as they walked along with the moonlight.

“So you don’t fancy women that much?”

“No… I feel that men should be the one that approaches and leads them.” Jungkook had taken his mask off and finally Yein could see all of his face, that was just as attractive as rumoured.

“So you fancy men?”

Jungkook almost tripped at her question, thankfully Yein had catched him before he could fall and with a light laugh she pulled him back up. Jungkook coughed awkwardly and she couldn’t contain her amusement. He was truly a man that was fascinating.

“I don’t fancy men at all, Lady Jung.” Jungkook said with a sturdy tone.

“I see, so does that mean I am like all other women who approached you?” she asked with amusement as she continued to walk before untying her mask that had hidden her identity. She expected an answer almost immediately, somewhere along the lines of him stumbling over his own words, however she was met with silence which made her halt in her steps.

“No, you are different.”

She turned around to face him and when she did, Jungkook fell in love with her all over again. She was truly the most beautiful woman that he had ever laid eyes upon and with the moonlight shining on her, she almost appeared like an angel that had fallen from Heaven and it was fate for him to catch her.

“You are the first to ever sway my heart,” he walked towards her and she stayed frozen as she could see something in his eyes that she had never seen before. When he was a step away he cupped her cheek and lifted her head to meet his gaze that made her weak and small, almost breaking down her façade of a confident, strong woman. “and you are the last.”

And with that he leaned down and pressed his lips upon hers.


Edited 16/10/16