Chapter Two

Kiss me

Like it was fate for us, we met again...

After Jungkook had placed his lips on Yein’s, she was in complete shock. Never had she thought that her first kiss was taken so quickly yet so sweetly. He cupped her cheek as he placed his forehead against hers, his lips leaving her soft ones. Both had closed their eyes as they listened to each other soft breathing and beatings of their hearts. Jungkook didn’t know what overcame him to have the confidence to kiss her so suddenly. His actions took over his thoughts before he could process what was happening. However he didn’t regret it at all.

Yein who was in a daze at the moment regained her confidence and leaned against him as she felt her knees feel weak. He held her waist and brought her into an embrace, wrapping his arms around her. She felt safe in his arms and enjoyed the warmth that came from him. However everything good in life must come to an end.

“Yein.”

At the mention of her name, the young lady pulled herself away from Jungkook, however reluctantly. She felt heat rise to her cheeks and Jungkook respectively bowed to the woman who had disturbed their moment. The woman was amused to see Yein flustered as she was a young lass that knew how to hold herself yet it appeared she couldn’t do so in front of this young lord.

“Lord Jungkook, I don’t mean to intrude on your time with Yein, however I will have to take her away from you.”

“Of course.”  Said Jungkook feeling a flustered, only to realise what he had said, “I mean, I would like to spend more time with her but-“

“It’s okay Jungkook.” Yein smiled at Jungkook as his innocence was truly adorable. She walked towards the woman and she turned her head to him with her signature eye smile.

“Good evening Jungkook.

Jungkook was stunned as she walked away without looking back and it made him want to run to her and pull her away, yet he knew better. However he did something else that made Yein surprised.

Jung Yein!” she turned around abruptly to catch something flying in the air that made her startled as she caught the item.

“Take this as a token of our meeting.” He walked towards her and picked her hand up to place a gentle kiss. She felt her heart flutter at his actions and cast a smile that melted her heart.

“I hope we meet again, my love.” He took the item that she had caught and placed it in her hand to enclose it softly and winked at her before leaving, in which she scoffed.

“I see that you have swayed the heart of a very influential man, dearest Yein.” The woman crossed her arms over her chest.

“I wouldn’t say that, Lady Soojung.”

“Be careful Yein. In society, everyone should know their place and I believe you know your place as well as he knows his.” Soojung said wisely which made Yein’s smile flutter. “Engrave whatever magic that happened tonight in your heart and treat tonight as a sweet dream that you will always wish will happen again but in reality it  will never ever happen again, to help you survive through the bad days.”

By now Yein’s smile had darkened into a gloom expression yet she knew that Soojung only spoke of the truth and was only looking out for her. After all, Soojung had taken her in at a young age to work as one of her first ladies despite how young she is, and she had always treated her as if she was her daughter rather than a servant.

“Lady Soojung… Do you still miss him to this day?”

Soojung didn’t respond but cast her gaze over to the window where she saw a young man that was standing with his wife as he spoke to his friends. He looked happy and well which was all Soojung needed to know to be in peace. As much as she loved him and he loved her… what they had before was something that would never happen. After all he was already married to someone since a young age.

“Of course I miss him but I know better that if he was to marry me, I would bring him nothing. In comparison to the woman he married. “ Soojung looked at the girl with long straight black hair that was smiling as well but she knew that woman was merely faking everything.

“In life, we as young women have to hide what we really feel because we have no say. We only obey and do as what we are told. “ Soojung said cynically yet Yein understood why she was like this and why she had warned her before.

She merely didn’t want history to repeat itself.

 

***

“Jungkook, you seem rather impatient tonight.”

His older brother commented as looked at all the guest in the magnificent ball room, where more than a hundred people were invited .He had never seen Jungkook so impatient ever, it was as if he was waiting for something, or someone.

“You must be looking forward to your fiancé.

“P-pardon..?” the young man turned bright red which caused his brother to properly look at him. This was something that wasn’t considered normal, the calm and collected Jeon Jungkook, blushing? Never.

“So who is this mysterious woman?”

“What do you mean?” Jungkook tried to act confused but that didn’t fool his brother.

“Kim Yeri? Is she the one?”

“What!? Heavens forbid no. I only see Yeri as a younger sister to me.” Jungkook defended and his brother raised a brow with amusement.

“Are you sure? I am very positive that the two of you were in love before.”

“I don’t see her in that way.”

“If you claim so,” His brother shrugged, “Oh I forgot to tell you the Lee family has been invited to the party tonight as well.”

“Lee? Do you mean Lady Soojung and her sister Lady Mijoo?”

“Yes, I believe that you could easily sway her heart I assume?”

Jungkook almost choked onto his drink at the mention of such acts. “Pardon brother?”

“I had heard Lady Mijoo adored men who could lead her well on the dance floor”

“I am afraid I am not as good as Hoseok in that department, brother.” He coughed once again.

“I am sure you would be smitten by her when you meet her.”

At that moment three ladies walked into the ballroom, Madam Soojung who wore a golden dress and was wearing a long string of pearls with diamond earrings. On her left was a younger woman who wore a red velvet ball gown with her hair pinned up with ornaments in her hair, she wore red lipstick and little makeup that outlined her beauty. The one of the right was a woman wore red lipstick as well yet her hair was short and a dark chestnut colour and she wore very simple clothes, a silver gown in which Jungkook had assumed was one of the first two ladies, however there was one more figure that he didn’t see till Madam Soojung had greeted his brother.

Jung Yein

She wore a sky blue gown that was simple yet it made her look graceful and perfect. She had her hair up in a bun with ornmaents in her hair. She didn’t wear any jewellery and wore  simple  makeup.  To sum everything up about her, Jungkook couldn’t find anyone in this room that was prettier than her or as beautiful as her.

She was beautiful.

“Good evening your majesty.” Madam Soojung curtsied to the man next to Jungkook while all the other woman beside her did the same.

 “Aren’t you all looking beautiful tonight?” The king replied in which he earned a smile from all the young ladies.

“Don’t you think, Jungkook?”

Jungkook who was only looking at Yein was disorientated when he answered. His brother had witnessed his younger brother fall in love and although it was heartwarming, and at the same time it was disturbing. For it was the wrong woman that he had fallen in love with and it made his brother conflicted.

“Jungkook?”

“I am sorry, I appeared to be distracted.” He eyes didn’t leave Yein’s as he said those words with ease. It made her crack a smile that seemed to have reflected onto Jungkook’s face as well.

Little did both know that was someone was watching and wasn’t pleased with the scene that had played before her.

“It appears that Yein had been summoned.” Lady Soojung saw this act and immediately snapped her back into reality.

“That is correct; I beg your pardon, your majesty. May I be excused to see why I had been summoned?”

“You may, beautiful Yein.”

 The elder man winked at her which caused the younger to growl lowly. Yein had kept her confidence together and smiled back to the man. And like that she had disappeared off into the sea of people. The King noticed how Jungkook’s eyes never left the young lady as she walked across to the other side of the room.

 

“I must admit, Jungkook has nice taste in women but you aren’t my cup of tea, my dear.” A tall lanky figure bowed and Yein gave him a confused look.

“My name is Jung Hoseok. It is a true pleasure to meet the young lass that swayed the younger brother of the king.”

Jung? Yein had thought to herself, someone with the same last name as her was something she wasn’t used to hearing someone introducing them with her last name. After all, her name was a rather unique one.

“If I remember correctly, you have the eye for my lady, Lady Mijoo?” She asked, with no trace of fear in her eyes, a confidence that Hoseok hasn’t seen in a long time. He took careful steps towards the young woman with a dark expression.

“Miss Yein, may I ask where does your family descend from?”

Yein frowned, she was taken aback by his query, and it wasn’t something a normal lad would ask her. Not even Jungkook had asked her such a questioned but nevertheless Yein never backed down from a challenge as she took his body language in a provocative way.

“I do not remember as Lady Soojung had taken me in at a young age and I do not remember anything after that.”

Interesting…” he tilted his head as if he was examining her like a subject.

“Hoseok! My dear brother thanks the heavens!” Jungkook rush out towards the two. He had finally escaped the greetings and ever since Yein had arrived, he couldn’t keep his eyes away from her.

“ My lord.” Yein greeted and Jungkook made her stand up before she could do a curtsy.

“I believe I remembered telling you about the formalities between us.” He gave her a smile that made her smile as well.

“I believe this is my cue to take my leave and accompany my own lady.” Hoseok excused himself to the beautiful woman on the other side of the room who accompanied Yein and her madam to the ball.

Jungkook let out a soft sigh when Hoseok left in which Yein raised a brow, “My dear lord, you appear distress.”

“Only when my lady may be swooned by a dear brother of mine.” He gave her a tired smile and she walked a bit closer to him.

“You look very handsome tonight.”

Jungkook’s heart sped up and Yein chuckled as she watched his cheeks go a bit red. His hair was styled up and his attire was a simple navy blue suit, a blue that complimented her baby blue gown.

“I have to say, you look beautiful all the time.” He mumbled to himself, feeling a bit embarrassed. Yein eyes widen and she cracked a smile, she wasn’t always complimented for her beauty.

 There was a pleasant silence as Yein and Jungkook stood there near the window. His eyes kept glancing at her even though she was staring outside the window at the moon. Jungkook took in her looks and like the first time, he was drawn to her and like a magnetic field was around the two, he drew closer as his hands went to cup her cheeks but he was stopped by the sound of a voice.

“Dear lord Jungkook, why associate yourself with such a petty person.”


Edited 16/10/16