Final

Whispers behind the door

Sehun keeps on glancing at the small glass table where he let his phone rest while fidgeting on his couch. The continuous tapping of his fingers on his knees is not enough to describe how nervous he is. He can't blame himself but hope at the last message from his lover, so right now he cannot do anything but wait for what might come.

[ I'll find time. Meet me at your place tonight. ]

As soon as he received the last text that he's been waiting for ages, he made sure to tell his older brothers that he won't be sleeping in their shared apartment this night. It's been quite a while since he last visited his own place, not when he didn't have an enough reason to go there. Everything reminds him of Luhan, his lover, or so he thinks, because aside from the secret meetings in his place Sehun can no longer remember when they last had a proper conversation outside and not behind closed doors.

Eversince Luhan left the group, everything became difficult from their situation. There aren't any reasonable excuses that the younger can come up in order to talk to Luhan and also for the fact that his cutting ties with the group did not go well with the company, the relationship of the two became too hard to handle than normal.

He anxiously stare at the clock that shows a clear eleven o'clock on the dot and he can feel his heart cracking with every passing seconds as the clock ticks. The male almost jumps in surprise and excitement when he heard the familiar click of the doorknob accompanied by the creaking of the door. He didn't stop himself from sprinting towards the handsome guy that just entered his apartment. No, handsome is an understatement if Sehun will be the one to describe Luhan. The male is just breathtaking and perfect, yes, perfect.

The embrace that the two shared seems to hold so much meaning. Sehun closed his eyes and tightens his hold on Luhan, he took a deep shaky breath as he burries his nose on the other male's neck, inhaling the scent that he missed so much.

A gentle smile lingers on Luhan's face as he softly run his fingers on the younger's hair. This is home.

 

"I miss you.. no.. I love you.. no.. I don't know what I should say first now that you're here." Sehun blurted as he cups the face he's been dying to see for months.

"Tell me I'm not dreaming. Tell me I won't wake up once you speak and would spend the whole day missing you still." He can't still digest the idea that the love of his life is finally here.

"What should I pay to live in a dream like this?" Luhan said as he pulls Sehun for a long passionate kiss, their tongues dance a particular rhythm that only their bodies remember. Oh, how he longed for this.

 

Both are hungry for each other's touch, their skin seems to hold electricity that keeps them attached. Attracted. To each other. Months of blindly waiting when will be the time that they can hold and see each other again, this close, burns the fire even more.

The path towards the bed room takes longer than usual with the ocassional push and pull of their clothes as it was all left scattered on the floor. The heavy atmosphere plus the breathless whispers of I miss yous and I love yous keeps the whole room occupied by the lovers. Sehun travels light kisses on each part of Luhan's skin, drowning with his scent but careful not to leave any mark as hard as he could. No one should know. This is one of the non written agreement that he's been acquainted with from the start of their relationship. Luhan's moans and all the delicious sounds that he's making makes it a thousand times difficult for Sehun to have a grip on himself.

How their bodies fit perfectly is still an unanswered question for them. The bed no longer feels cold with the lovers beside one another. Luhan intertwines their fingers and placed a soft kiss on top of their laced fingers as his body arched from the pleasure. Sehun's low grunts is overpowered by Luhan's loud moans. When the two reached their , only their labored breathing can be heard inside the room. Both didn't bothered to clean theirselves first instead stayed on the bed with Sehun hugging Luhan and resting their foreheads on each other.

There aren't many exchange of words, just the joy and assurance of spending the time with each other. Luhan trace the line of Sehun's sharp jaw slowly, admiring how gorgeous the other man is while smiling to himself. How he couldn't get enough of the man whose features have been memorized by him, still he couldn't stop being taken aback. This man is nothing short of perfect.

"I could spend my whole life here." Sehun whispers quietly while playing with Luhan's fingers. The whispering thing became a habit everytime they talk to each other, for fear that someone might overhear them, that even when they are finally alone, that same fear still stays.

"I know... I know.. I would like to do the same.. but.."

"But there's us, outside, not here. Not inside this room. Not on this bed. Not behind the doors. I know." The pain can be traced from Sehun's voice which made Luhan close his eyes. He cannot look at the younger man while seeing the pain painted there, he's guilty because no matter how hard he tried to deny, he's the one causing this.

 

They silently fell asleep from their position with no other words exchanged between the two.

 

Sehun woke up from the telltale emptiness of the space beside him, that instead of Luhan, he found a mess of tangled sheets. A bitter laugh escapes from Sehun's mouth, sometimes he wonders how Luhan manage to escape soundlessly.

 

The tangled sheets are the only proof that he's been here. That everything is not just a pretty dream, a wishful thinking, one of his wildest imaginations. How Sehun hope that one day he can finally confirm everything, that when he woke up, the tangled sheets will not be the only reminder of what happened, but rather, the warmth from Luhan's embrace that will wake him up.

 

His clothes are scattered with mine just a few hours ago, his smell lingers on my bed, his voice echoes in my ears and stays sculpted inside my mind. Sehun sighs and looks at the window, another day is starting again.