th Chapter

Hero.. Or Not?

The slender boy sprints to school with only one strap of his bag on his shoulder. A little uncomfortable, but he needs to get there as soon as possible. 

 
From a good 5 feet away, he could get a clear glimpse of yellow and white decorations. Consisting mainly of flowers, he touches one to see if they are real and proceeds to the gates. 
 
The hallway is quite empty, considering many students were too busy grieving to even bother to go to school. 
 
As soon as he enters the gym, where majority of the students were, he decreases his pace and takes a few moments to catch his breath from a full 15 minutes of running. 
 
Then he spots a petite figure, the one he's been missing for a few days that felt like eternity. He slowly walks towards you, careful not to disturb the other students in their prayers. Then he sees another girl, a little bit older, approaching her and he stood for a while to listen. 
 
"Hey, um. You might not know who I am but I just want to say thank you for saving my brother's life.." 
 
"Oh, how is he?" You reply, trying to sound interested in her brother although you were pretty scattered from the sudden tragedy, nor did you remember which one he was. 
 
"He's still hospitalized, but he's been doing a lot better." The other girl smiles. "I owe you."
 
"No, it's fine." You shake your head. 
 
"Anyways, have a nice day!" Says the girl, leaving. 
 
Now that you're alone and sobbing by yourself in front of your best friend's picture, Taeyong gets closer to you, still moving with light footsteps. 
 
You felt someone behind you and turn around. His arms are wide open, ready to catch you if you ever fall. You break into a sob as you see his eyes showing worry, empathy, anger, and relief at the same time. He moves toward you, enveloping you in his embrace. 
 
"She shouldn't have helped me." 
 
"Shh.." 
 
"I should've saved her." 
 
"Shh.." 
 
"It should've been me." This time Taeyong was angry. He cups your face and looks at you sternly in the eye. 
 
"Hey, don't say that. It wasn't your fault. There's nothing you could have done to prevent it. So please, just let her go. She'll be happier if you do so." 
 
You break into another fit of sobs before calming down. 
 
"I have to apologize." You sigh. 
 
You walked towards Doyoung in a state of guilt. After standing in silence for quite a while, Taeyong clears his throat. A bit taken aback, Doyoung turns to face the two of you. 
 
You couldn't even say his name, all the more look at him. Taeyong gives your shoulder a light squeeze, pulling yourself closer to him in the process. Magically, his warmth gives you enough energy to generate willpower and you find yourself slowly look up. 
 
The moment you saw his eyes, you couldn't think of anything else besides your best friend, the love of his life. The unfavorable feeling of guilt comes rushing in again. Taking a deep breath, you say the words that lifts the resentment burdening your delicate build. 
 
"I'm sorry." You croak, bowing before ending up in another round of sobs. Taeyong gives you a tight hug. When your cries subside, he gently lets go of your shoulders and strides toward Doyoung, whose eyes did not differ from a shallow lake. 
 
He then gives the younger boy a quick but sincere hug. After a moment, he pulls away a bit, giving his junior a few words to lift his spirit. 
 
"Everything's going to be alright. You'll get through this." Doyoung looks down sadly, sighs, but nods. 
 
"This is where it gets stronger." 
 

 

AND IT IS FINALLY DONE!! 
 
Thanks for all of you who stuck with me 'till the end! You are the real MVP! 
 
Sorry but I just got back to school and might as well tell you IT IS HELL. 
 
Anyways, I hope all of you are doing great. 
 
Take care! 
 
applepie1068