st Chapter

Hero.. Or Not?

The ocean breeze wafts across the ship, caressing your gentle features. You were so happy. You had successfully convinced your parents to allow you to go on a ferry with your batch a couple of days after your highschool graduation party. 

 
Standing on the deck of the supersize ship with a phone in hand, the first thing you do is taking a selca with the vast ocean as your background. Then you sent the picture to your beloved boyfriend, Taeyong. 
 
You had met him during an annual football competition held last spring. He was your senior, an attractive leader, and you were none other than a cheerleader. 
 
T: Taeyong
Y: You
 
T: 'Annyeong, jagi! How are you?'
Y: *insert selca* 'I'm doing fine. The scenery here's great! Too bad you're not here.'
 
"Ya! ___! Why don't you come over and have some fun with us here? It's not healthy having your eyes glued to your phone all day." Your best friend calls you, your other friends waving behind her. You smile and head over to them. 
 
In the middle of an intense card game, you feel your phone vibrate. While your losing friend shuffles the cards, you take this opportunity to text your boyfriend. 
 
T: 'So, what are you doing right now?'
Y: 'Playing cards with my friends, you?'
T: 'Nothing much. Can I see?'
Y: 'And how are you gonna do that?'
T: 'Easy, video call.'
Y: 'Hm, ok.' 
 
You accepted his call and showed him to your friends, since they wanted to know so much. 
 
"Oh, is that your boyfriend?"
 
"What's his name? Taehyung?"
 
"Taeyong!"
 
"Oh, you mean the guy ___'s always talking about?" At this, Taeyong chuckles and you blush. 
 
"I can see that pink tinge all the way from here, jagi." 
 
"Aww, he calls you jagi. How cute." One of your friends fangirl. 
 
"Aish, enough enough. Let's get back to the game!" You say. 
 
A few moments into the game, the sound of three bells resonate through the room, indicating an announcement. You and your friends wait quietly, it could be important. 
 
"What's that sound, jagi?" Taeyong asks through your phone. 
 
"Shh, wait."
 
"Passengers, please do not move from your position. The ship is having some technical issues. Therefore, we wish for you to restrict your movements so that no vibrations will affect the stability of the ship while we fix the problem. I repeat: Please do not move from your position. Thank you."
 
"What kind of technical difficulty limits passengers' movements? That's ridiculous." Taeyong remarks from the other line. "They should be working in a way that won't disturb your comfort. Unless it's very urgent." 
 

You respond with a hum, continuing your previous activity. 

 
Not long after, three bells were heard once more, and the same announcement with the same voice reminds yet again, to stay put. 
 
"You know what, I'll see you next week, Tae. Bye!" Before he could say anything, you've ended the call. "Alright, something's definitely wrong." You say.  
 
"It might be the boys. It's hard to keep them still." One of your friends speak. 
 
"I'm gonna check." You say, heading towards the door to see if any boy dares to play a Goddamn game of football in the lobby. Instead, you find yourself walking towards a big glass window at the end of the hall that seems much more interesting than scolding your batchmates. 
 
The moment you laid your eyes on the open sea, you found something quite odd. Something that wasn't supposed to happen. 
 

 

Please stay tuned for updates next week! Or possibly in a few days..?
 
applepie1068