C4! ☆ Nostalgia

The Gemini Twins [DISCONTINUED]

The nostalgic music danced through the air as they carelessly land on Mira’s ears. The sweet melody woke her from a well earned sleep she deserved after working double in her adoptive father’s café. She looked at her old alarm clock and saw that it was exactly 9:30 in the morning. She sighed deeply and snuggled deeper into her bed as she let herself drown in the music and the soft pillows and sheet. It was her day off, a day not having to serve rude people with their drinks and food, a day not having to be yelled at by her boss for no reason, a day not having to go to that accursed café.

When the last note hit, she opened her eyes once more, and slowly got up. She took her phone and checked if Mina has left her a message throughout the night. Sad to say that her best friend has not sent her anything, making her worry a bit on what for the past few hours. She turned around to look at her room and noticed the design. It was painted with soft coating of white and gray, giving off a rather modern vibe. Her shelves and cabinet were both gray with silver linings of some sort, and her bed, whose design was blasted with same colors as her walls, messed up as she was quite the messy sleeper to begin with.

She was about to go back to her bed when a knock on the door stopped her, making her rush towards the elegantly carved door. She grasped the silver door knob and opened it slowly. She peeked outside and saw her best friend waiting for her.

“Hey stranger, got you some breakfast” she said as she held up high a small plastic bag.

Mira smiled at her best friend and let her in without any hesitation, even though she was a complete mess. Her hair was raised in an extremely messy bun, her eyes a bit smaller than usual, and her face was swollen, well just a bit.

They sat down on her bed and started to take the plastic off whatever she bought.

“Aww you bought me hotcakes?”

“Not just any regular hotcakes. It’s McDonald’s Double Choco Crumble Hotcakes!” Mina said gleefully as she took out the shiny plastic fork and knife, and freshly brewed coffee for the two of them.

“You know me so well” she said happily as she took a mouthful.

Mina laughed at her while carefully placing the steaming cups of coffee on Mira’s bedside table. She cautiously took off the lids and slowly drank hers while looking at Mira.

She couldn’t help it; she took out her phone and stole a photo of her best friend eating. She smiled when Mira didn’t notice her and continued to eat heartily. She looked at the photo and decided to use it as her phone’s wallpaper.

“Want some?” Mira invited

She shook her head and continued to drink her cup of coffee.

She looked at the familiar room and walked towards the shelf where her gift, the small music box, was hidden. She took it out and opened it, making the sweet melody of their childhood rush out to the open air and conquered the room.

“I missed this song” Mina whispered as she reminisces the days when they would go swim in an inflatable pool filled with squeaky toys.

Mira threw away the cardboard box and drank what was left of her not so steaming cup of coffee.

“I always play that before I go to sleep, that way I can think of all the good times we had together” she said as she plopped herself back on her bed.

Mina looked at her with her head slightly tilted to the left.

“Always?” she asked

“Yep”

“Then do you dream ab—“

“Only the good ones” Mira said before Mina could finish her sentence.

Chuckling softly at her response, she lied beside her and let the music envelop them both in a musical trance.

“When are you gonna leave?” Mira asked

“I’m not leaving” Mina answered nonchalantly

“What?” She asked on an awfully higher pitch.

“Well it turns out that Yongguk’s going on a vacation and he told me about an hour ago that his company gave him a place to stay here along with his friend Daehyun somewhere near my university.” She explained

“Why couldn’t they just live in your house?”

“Well the company paid for the house already, can’t fight that right?” she reasoned

Mira scoffed; still irked at the fact that Mina’s may not always visit her anymore.

“Hey, I’ll still visit you ‘kay? It’ll all be fine. At least it’s better than going thousand miles away from you right?” Mina said as she flashed a goofy smile at her best friend.

She nodded in response.

“Besides, I still have a few hours. We can watch movies till then”

She stood up from where she laid and fixed her phone by the bedside table where their coffees used to sit. She pressed play when she finally found Mira’s favorite movie and settled beside her.

As the music of the opening scene invaded the space, the two best friends hugged a pillow and watched the movie. It started with a man flipping through the pages of a blank book, then the camera pans from a picture of when he was a young lad to the old fashioned ink and feather pen of which he then took to draw a single butterfly. Fine , delicate details, and ended with a signature on the bottom right corner. When he was satisfied with his work, he closed the book and let the butterfly that was inside a glass go.

They were enthralled by Tim Burton’s wild imagination and artistic animation. They could never get enough of those movies, especially “The Corpse Bride”.

“I wonder if those things are possible” Mira asked

“Singing skeletons?” 

“No stupid, falling in love at first sight and knowing that it truly was love.” She said as she sighed

“How should I know? I’ve never fallen in love before”

“Oh really now?” Mira said as she threw a sly look at Mina

“Don’t remind me” she said in a monotonous voice.

They fell silent and watched the movie once more.

When Victor, the main character in the movie, started to play the grand piano, Mira looked at her friend who was already smiling softly at the small screen.

She kept quiet and continued to watch as she silently remember the days of their childhood when Mina used to play the piano while she would sing the songs she would play.

“I miss it, in case you’re wondering” Mina said out of blue, as if she knows what was going on inside her best friend’s mind.

“Of course you do” she said in response.

They chuckled at the same time and continued watching without trying to make a peep.

After hours of watching movies and telling stories, the time has come for Mina to leave and take her things to her new home.

“Be careful you little crab apple” Mina said to Mira

“I will, you crab apple. And I hope you won’t bust anyone open ‘kay?” she said as she hugged her best friend goodbye.

“Hey hey, I’ll still visit you, don’t think this is the last time we’ll see each other you melodramatic cardboard.” She playfully said

The moment she finished packing her things, her cell phone rang. It was Yongguk, who, after a year of no contact, finally calls.

“Mina!” the man yelled on the other line with his deep voice

“Yongguk oppa!” she squealed happily before turning on her so called mode and asked him why he hasn’t called her for the past year.

“Er, you know how difficult it was for me to contact you with me oversees and you with college. And also the fact that our schedules contradict each other”

“How would you know about my schedule?”

“Auntie told me” he said lowly

She didn’t respond, instead she cleared and asked him softly where he was.

“I’m actually on my way to get pick you up”

“We moved out of our old home, we live a few blocks away” she explained to him.

“Yeah I know” he said happily

“But you with directions” she exclaimed as she bit her lip, trying not to laugh.

“I know, you don’t have to rub it in.” He said

When she was about to drop another witty line, the doorbell rang, making her rush to the front door and open it with it caution. She peeked outside and saw a tall man, with brown hair and deep brown eyes.

She opened the door carefully and looked at the man.

He was stunning. His eyes were a perfect crescent shape, his nose was as cute as a button, his cheekbones stood out especially when he smiled, and his lips so full and luscious, surely enough to make girls nuts.

“Are you Mina?” he asked in a rather deep voice and a thick accent

She nodded in response.

He smiled at her and reaches out his hand.

“I’m Daehyun, Yongguk’s friend.” He said while smiling brightly.

---------

Okay that wassss …. Yeahhh HAHAHAHAHAH

Hi everyone, after a few months not updating the story, I’m back hahaha. I’m going to continue updating whenever I have the chance (I made a schedule so I won’t forget) I hope you anticipate what will happen next wiehihi.