Chapter 3

The Journey of a Life Time

The ship has now situated itself so that we can safely evacuate. We each got our own covered ATV. We load our items into the vehicles. We entered the location of our ship in our GPS and continued on our journey.

We drove South for about and hour and decided to eat. The nice thing about our ATV'S is that they run on solar power or star power. After we ate we continued to go South.

About and hour and a half a bag of doritos later, we saw a white building in the distance. I got so excited that I nearly choked on a chip.

It took us another 20 minutes to reach the building and when we did, what we saw was unexpected. Multiple men and women with animal ears were all standing there with their arms held out towards us. It seemed as if they were trying to welcome us.

We stopped about 20 yards away and got out. We walked to them slowly while holding out hands out, copying them. As I got closer I noticed they all had some type of animal ears on their heads and they had vibrant eye colors. Most eyes were an unnatural bright blue.

I got within five feet of a handsome boy who seemed to have wolf ears. I was so amazed and every time I took a step forward his ears twitched slightly. I couldn't help but think of how much I wanted to pet him.

I looked over to our captain and he was the first to speak, "Can you understand me?"

The boy in front of me looked shocked and his eye color became a vibrant purple. I was mesmerized by them.

A women from the new planet stepped forward and said, "Yes, I believe we can." She replied happily.

I was kind of shocked that I could understand her. The boy boy in front of me smiled. I honestly could have melted right then and there, which I thought was weird because I have never felt that way. I stepped forward and said, "Hello, my name is Minji." I then smiled fondly at the boy. Everyone else followed my example.

The boy reached forward and took my hands in his and replied, "My name is Kai."

If I wasn't so mesmerized by his honey golden voice I would have giggled because when he smiled his nose scrunched up so cutely. I felt like I was in a daze and every thought I had was about Kai.

Then all of a sudden, the lady who spoke earlier shouted, "Kai! Stop glamoring the poor girl! She's gonna go insane."

That makes sense. He is doing something to my mind to make me like him. I chose to glare at him.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly, "I like you. It just kind of happened."

He grabbed my hand and led me away with the rest of the group.

XOXOXOXO

We walked to the big white building that we saw earlier. Off in the distance you could see something that resembles a little town. We entered into the big white building which the people call homebase. "We have been expecting you for quite a while," Kai whispered to me, "I'm quite astonished how similar we are in physique."

I decided now would be a good time to ask the question that's been on my mind for a while.

"What did that women mean when she said that you were glamouring me?"

"Well, any animal hybrids have the power to glamour someone. I'm a wolf hybrid and we release different pheromones when we are attracted to someone."

"Wait......so that means you're attracted to me?" I shrieked. He looked away shyly and nodded his head slightly.

"Dont worry. I can control it a lot better now," he said a little more relaxed, "Also, I should probably tell you that you will be staying with me since we are the closest in age."

Okay, now I'm a little freaked out because now I'm staying with a boy who at times looks like he might devour me.

We arrived in a lab and they took blood samples and then we left to stay with our 'caretakers'. I loaded my stuff into Kai's vehicle thing. I'm kind of grateful that I got stuck with Kai though because everyone else in my group got stuck with really old people. I'm also the only one with a male animal hybrid for a 'caretaker'. Okay and I will admit that even without the glamour, Kai is still hot.

We arrived at his apartment-like home after about a five minute drive. I walked in and DANG! He has a nice place. Its much better than even my highest hopes. The ceiling was clear when you looked and you could see the sky above. The walls were painted a warm gray and had murals all over them. One was of a beautiful rose that was about to bloom. The floor was oddly warm when I took my shoes off and while it looked uncomfortable to walk on, it actually formed to my feet.

Kai showed me my room and left with saying, "Dinner will be ready in an hour."


The room was amazing. When I sat on the bed it moved and I figured out that it was a water bed. The room was dark blue and the ceiling wasn't see through, but it looked like it would open. I saw another switch next to the light switch and flipped it up and slowly the ceiling started to split and then there was nothing but a glass dome over my head. I wondered what it would look like at night. I saw two other doors in the room. One led to a closet and the other led to a beautiful bathroom. The tile job was black, tan, and white and reminded me of home. The shower was glass and had multiple water spouts all over. I was simply amazed at the simple beauty of it.

It started to smell extremely good, so I decided to head to the kitchen and smiled. Kai was listening to some kind of music and swaying his hips as he cooked. When he noticed me he stopped immediately. I walked closer to see what he was making and I was surprised to see that it looked something like stir fry. Let's just hope it tastes like stir fry.

We sat down and Kai dished me some of the food. I decided to try the food before I asked what it was. Surprisingly, the food was really good. My eyes widened in shock as I ate more.

Kai chuckled, "Tastes pretty good, huh?" I nodded my head because my mouth was full.

"Great!" he said.