Chapter 1

The Journey of a Life Time

My name is Minji and I am 17 years old. I am a prodigy child, which means I am one of the most intelligent people on Earth. I have a unique mind which allows me to memorize everything that I think, hear, taste, see, or smell. The government on most days uses me as a human weapon. Today is different though. I could feel tension in the air; something was wrong. As I walked to the president's office, everyone gave me a look filled with anxiety. I pushed the office doors open and saw the President sitting in his chair with a worried, but intrigued expression on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked as I sat down in the cold leather chair.

"We found life on another planet," Mr. President said. He then handed me a file titled Project Garzo and said, "And we want you to go there."

"Oh." I whispered back nervously.

"We have the ship you will be taking already prepared so you can leave as soon as possible," he said. The words that came out of his mouth processed slower in my head than normal. As I realized that I was going to be leaving Earth, I got oddly excited over the fact that I would be able to meet these new beings from another planet. At the same time I was terrified out of my mind because there was a good possibility that I could die.

"When can I leave?" I asked.

"Now."

----------------

Most people would think that they would want to say goodbye the their parents, but I didn't. I didn't want to because I don't have any parents. Well, technically I do, but I don't consider them family because when I was five they sold me to the government so the could have more money to buy drugs. They betrayed me. So yeah, welcome to my wonderful life.

---------------

I am prepared for the trip because I have been fully trained for traveling into outer space. The year is 2042 and NASA just recently learned how to use wormholes in space to travel to other galaxies. Two years ago I went to the moon. If you are wondering what it's like, I have one word for you.....LAME. When I got there I almost did wish the moon was made of cheese.

This time is different from the last because I am going to have to attempt to communicate with these new life forms. I wonder what language they speak if any at all. If they speak any of the languages on Earth I will be able to understand them at least somewhat.

-------------------

I am now sitting in an office by myself. When the door opens I am greeted by another woman who is probably about 10 years older than myself. Then two men walk in, one who is in his later forties, and one who is only a few years older than me. I have seen these people around the government training facilities before, but I don't know their names.

All of us were sitting at the table when Mr. Grant, the coordinator of our mission walked in.

"I hope you all can be comfortable with each other," he stated merrily, "because these are the people you will be spending the next year and a half with."

The man in his late forties, whose name I now know is Jerry, stood up and said, "I refuse to work with children." and looked straight at me.

Now, being called a child was something I was used to; but the way he said it in his irritating tone ticked me off.

So being the stupid child I am I stood up and said, "I am not a child, in fact I am exponentially smarter than you. You are senile and your brain has probably stopped functioning properly."

The other women started giggling and Jerry gave her a stern look.

After the outburst, the meeting proceeded as planned. We found out that it will take us two weeks and three days to reach our designated location. I also found out that the other women's name was Miranda and the boy's name was Taemin.

After the meeting was over I went back to my room to put my few belongings into a backpack. I picked up my laptop, chargers, hologram plug-in, and my SAMSUNG Supernova. I also threw my rubix cube into the backpack. I never had to worry about clothes because they would already have them packed on the ship for me.

----------------

I slowly walked to the ship boarding dock. Once I reached the dock I was suited up. The suits kind of look like they were from Star Trek mixed with the Hunger Games. The arms and legs were silver while my torso and boots were black. My boots reached to mid-calf and were the most comfortable shoe I have ever wore. Miranda and Taemin were wearing the same uniform as I was. Jerry on the other hand, had a completely black suit, symbolizing that he was the captain which, I was not too thrilled about.

XOXOXOXO
Before we boarded the ship we were taken to the weapons room. We were all handed a stun gun which was mandatory to keep on us at all times. After that we were free to chose other weapons that we wanted. My first choice was a Japanese style sword called a katana. It's lightweight and very sharp. Next I chose a jack knife with a red handle and exploding bubble gum. Once you take the wrapper off the bubblegum it explodes 30 seconds later. Taemin chose a short knife and a yo-yo. Instead of string on the yo-yo it has extremely sharp wire that can cut through most things. Miranda chose a whip with steel on the tip and a flashlight Keychain which has enough light to blind you for half a minute. Jerry has a weapon that I've always dreamed of using. It's a long metal staff but when you push a certain button a knife point shoots out and it becomes a spear. If you push another button the staff splits in half and becomes two short swords. There is another button which makes it a high powered taser. These weapons are given only to captains. After we left the weapons room we boarded the ship. We entered the captain's room where all of the controls were. It was set up like a car; two seats in front and two in the back. I chose the seat behind the captain's chair so I wouldn't have to see Jerry. It was a small ship, but still spacious. I shared a room with Miranda and slept on the top bunk.

 

 

So so this is like a really old fic but I decided to post it anyway.  This was the first fic I ever wrote so be nice please. If you are the person who prefers to read ship fic like sekai please go check out my other fics!!!! 

 

Ps Kai will be in later chapters!!