Chapter 2

The Journey of a Life Time

We were two days into our mission and I was already sick of it. Jerry was bossy as ever. When I was eating my cheerios, Jerry came in and told me to clean the men's toilet.

My jaw dropped.

"There is no way in the deep pits of hell that I'm gonna clean up YOUR feces," I screamed at him.

"Oh yeah?" Jerry said and held up my phone over the garbage disposal and said, "Wanna make a bet?"

----------------

If you don't know what a men's bathroom smells like ...... well imagine putting 20 men into a confined room after a bean eating contest....yeah, I think you get my point. All this did was put fuel to my hate fire.

After I finished, I was told to report to the captain's room for 'further instructions'. Once I arrived I was sent right back out to clean the kitchen and make dinner.

I didn't go down without a fight though. Before I left I screamed, "I'm not a freaking maid, you moron!" Then I stormed out of the room defiantly and went straight to my shared bedroom. I ignored all of my duties and didn't eat that night.

XOXOXOXO

The next morning I woke up and practically sprinted into the kitchen because I was starving due to the lack of dinner last night. Most people think that we don't have many food choices since we are in space, but that speculation is false. I mean we have a freaking Belgian waffle maker! That's all a person ever needs. Our kitchen honestly looks like it came right out of an anime.

After looking through the cabinets I found all the necessary ingredients to make waffles. While I was at it I also grabbed strawberries, blueberries, whipped cream, and sprinkles to go on top of my waffle. When I make food I go all out or..... I burn something.

As I waited for the waffle to finish cooking I pulled out my tablet and looked at our schedule for the day. We only have two days left on the ship! That went fast. It will be nice to get away from these people. I mean Miranda is nice and all but, she is kinda boring. Taemin is just plain weird. That boy drinks at least 15 cartons of banana milk a day. I didn't even know banana milk was a thing! Then there's Jerry, whom I would gladly push off the side of Mount Everest. From the top. Yeah... I can't wait to escape this monkey cage.

As I'm lost in my own thoughts the waffle maker goes off. Once I got my waffle prepared I grabbed a glass of milk and sat down. The first bite was like heaven. A perfect amount of each ingredient. But by the end I was about ready to barf because I probably ate a little too much.

I got up to clean my mess. That was the rule on this ship; 'you make the mess you clean it up'. That rule applied to everyone who wasn't the captain.

As I was washing my dishes everyone started to wander into the kitchen. They all gave me polite nods as a greeting except for Jerry, of course. Instead he said, "Fry me some bacon."

I replied angrily, "How about I fry you instead?"

After I opened my big mouth, I instantly regretted it. I was sent to my room for the rest of my morning to 'think about my behavior'. Gosh! He makes want to punch him square in the face. I very rarely have the urge to punch someone. The last time that happened was when I was five and another kid stole my lego.

XOXOXOXO

I came out of my room a few hours later and made myself a cold turkey sandwich. I took it back with me to eat in my room while watching season 14 of Sherlock. I spent the rest of the day browsing Netflix. Then I went to bed without dinner once again.

I dreamt of a forest with lots of fog but in the far distance I could see little huts. The hair on the back of my neck was standing up but, I kept moving forward through the fog. I heard a ruffle of leaves and the temperature of my blood increased several degrees. I slowed my steps to a stop and looked to my right at a large bush. Nothing happened and then I heard a low growl. I barely heard the growl before I saw the large, beady, red eyes staring at me. I screamed as it leaped towards me.

I woke up twisted in my bed sheets, soaked in sweat. I was so shocked that I couldn't fall asleep again.

I played with one of my multiple rubix cubes until morning. As I walked into the kitchen I gained a sudden amount of excitement because we are supposed to dock on the new planet in about five hours. I ate the same breakfast as yesterday minus the reddi whip since I used the whole can yesterday. I finished my breakfast and cleaned up before anyone came into the kitchen. I slowly wandered back to my room, thinking about my most recent dream. It was rare for me to remember a dream so well. There were so many other things on my mind that I just forgot the dreams.

I started packing my belongings when I got back to room because tonight we will hopefully be sleeping on the new planet. Or we will be dead. Who knows?

I changed from my pajamas to my uniform. I stuffed some other clothes into my bag for later. I didn't have anything else to do so I pulled out a classic book called The Hunger Games.( you all know it will be a classic one day!)

I must have read for quite a while because before I knew it, someone was knocking on the door screaming, "We land in ten minutes!"

I jumped up and ran to the control room. I got a perfect view of the extremely large planet.

The planet was like Earth but about eight times larger. What we know about this particular galaxy is very minimal. We know there are five planets. They orbit around the star Sirius; using it like we do our sun. Garzo, the planet we are going to land on, is farthest from the Sirius. The last thing we know is that one possibly two planets hold life.

We have about three minutes until we land. All of our radars that were able to detect threats were on. We don't even know if they have the technology to even be considered a threat.

As we entered the atmosphere we started moving faster. Our giant parachute popped out and we slowed down immediately. We planned to land on what looked like a deserted grassland. A big air mat pops out of the back of our ship for us to land the ship on.

Finally, we have landed.