X Marks the Spot

The Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night after Tribal Council, Myungsoo noticed that Hyuk wasn't acting like he felt good at all, and he left several times throughout the night. By the next morning, the young man was pale and it was obvious to everyone that he wasn't well, so they called Mr. Henney in to check him out. He brought the doctor with him, and Hyuk was found to be very dehydrated and had lost a lot of fluid. He finally admitted to being lactose intolerant, and after that discovery, Myungsoo understood where his symptoms had come from. He had been one of the people who shared in Chansung's reward, and had apparently eaten too much ice cream and cheese. Combined with already being dehydrated, it had caused him problems. Myungsoo felt bad for him, notcing that Chansung and Minjun seemed unconcerned and acted as if his condition was funny.

 

Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong, shaking his head. This showed how much they would bully someone, and that caused him to lose the little respect he might have had for the older men. They were terribly rude, and acted like schoolyard bullies. "Just wach. If he goes back to them, I'll bet you neither of those two idiots will admit to making fun of him. They're jackasses, and that's one reason I won't work with them."

 

Sungjong nodded, staring at them. "Yeah, I can see that. We do need them for now, though. Just be patient. Remember, we just need to make it to the end. That's all. We can bash them online, once we get home." He grinned at the thought of it, pulling Krystal over. "Hey, if either of those goons approaches you, please let me know, okay? We need to all make it to the end, epecially now that Sunggyu's gone."

 

Krystal nodded, smiling at them. "Of course. We stick together and push them out, but if anyone tries to pull me, I'll let you know."

 

Sungjong shook his head, smiling again. "Thanks, Krystal." He felt eyes on him, noticing that Chansung was staring at him, so he stared back until the other man turned away. He wouldn't win anything. Not even a staring contest.

 

                             *****

 

The immunity challenge for the day was at the water, and they were split into teams, with Hyuk sitting out as the odd person. He was the obvious choice, since he still wasn't feeling up to it. This time, they would be diving down to untie knots to a bag tennis balls, take them to shore, and throw them at a board with lights. The team that lit up the entire board of ten lights would win reward. Sungjong really wanted to win this reward, since it meant a chance to eat a nice meal of a full sushi bar, alcohol and cake. He was starving, and determined to win this, especially after losing the last challenge.

 

The challenge began with Myungsoo and Minjun diving in to untie the knots. Sungjong was nervous when they were under, but when Myungsoo surfaced first, he was relieved. Taking the first bag from Myungsoo, he and the rest of his team raced to the shore, eager to continue the game. As one of the hardest hitters, Amber was designated to throw the balls and she got two of the lights lit up by the time the other team even made it to the shore with theirs. This gave them a head-start, and it paid off at the end, with their team winning reward.

 

As soon as it was over, Myungsoo hugged Sungjong, being careful to not linger very long, despite his relief over winning. Sungjong was happy to see that Chansung was upset over losing, knowing that it served him right after the way he had treated Hyuk. He was smug enough, without winning this time, as well as the last time.

 

                               *****

 

While they were eating their sushi and drinking their wine, Myungsoo noticed that Amber and Victoria had made their way to Krystal, speaking with her quietly. He noticed that she seemed to be unc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter