The most expensive Burgers, Fries and Ice Cream

The Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Behind each of you is a torch. Grab a torch and approach the flame. Dip it in and get fire. This is part of the ritual tribal council, because in this game, fire represents life. Once your fire is gone, so are you." 

~Survivor Quote~

                          *****

 

 

Drop your buffs. Those were three words Sungjong had been dreading, yet waiting to hear, at the same time. The merge would change the entire dynamic he had, but would also create more opportunities.

 

Glancing over at Myungsoo, he smiled. At least he could count on one person, and as far as he knew, that wouldn't change. Myungsoo had been his strongest ally since day one, and he appreciated his loyalty.

 

The young man was pulled out of his musing by Daniel Henney, the host of the game. "Alright, everyone, these new buffs mean that you are now merged and will be playing as individuals from now on. Choose a new name for your tribe and we will go from there. Take a short moment to decide on one and we can get started on the individual reward challenge!"

 

Myungsoo looked excited, but also nervous as he put on the new buff, walking over to Sungjong. "So, what do you think we should be called? I think it should have something to do with the unity of the contestants left, but I don't know what that would be," he shrugged, grinning at the younger man. "Any ideas?"

 

Sungjong frowned, shaking his head. "I don't know. Honestly, some people here haven't been very loyal to us, so I don't really care about them. I know that's harsh, but it's the truth." Adjusting the new, solid black buff on his head, he glanced around at the other contestants. One particular man, Chansung, caused him to cringe. He hated that he was still in the game, despite Sungjong's attempts to get him eliminated. Chansung had gone straight to Minjun, who had been his ally since the second week. The two young men seemed to be inseparable, and Sungjong was sick of that.

 

Myungsoo noticed where his attention was focused, rolling his eyes. "Maybe we should be called the Annialators, since we both have desire to get those two out. They're like a bad cold that just keeps hanging on and won't ever go away."

 

Sungjong laughed, nodding. "Yeah. Maybe. We need to talk to Krystal and Sunggyu about that."

 

Myungsoo nodded quietly, touching the slender young man on the arm. "They're all starting to gather, so we should go over if we want to have any say in the name. We would be royally screwed if Chansung and Minjun chose something horrible."

 

Sungjong sighed, nodding. He was just tired and wanted to get this over with so he could rest. Following his friend over to the others, they all began discussing possible names, finally agreeing on Infinity, apon Myungsoo's suggestion. As usual, Minjun took control of the situation, delegating people to tasks that would help with creating the new sign. He wasn't very nice, but the other people seemed to listen to him well, and Sungjong took advantage of that, since it got their sign and new flag done.

 

Within twenty minutes of deciding on the name, they had their new flag and sign painted and set out to dry. Now it was on to their first reward challenge as individuals, meaning that Myungsoo and Sungjong would be against each other for the first time in the game. They were no longer two tribes, so the stakes would be raised.

 

Concentrating on Mr. Henney again, Sungjong paid close attention as he began explaining the challenge. Each person would hold down straps that were attached to a bar with a bucket full of water on the end. The last person standing without dropping their bucket would win reward, with the chance to take two others with them to enjoy it. Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong, and the younger man felt new strength pouring into him at the chance of comfort the win would offer. He would try his best.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter