004

The One I Can't Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wasn't sure if I heard him right or not.

"W-What?" I said stupidly as I stared blankly at Taekwoon. He had to be kidding, there was no way that he was my Guardian Angel or that he even... fell in love with me back then.

"Yeah, he was your Guardian Angel for a really long time. He was assigned to you when you in middle school because your other Guardian Angel got reassigned to a different task," Hak Yeon said looking over to Hongbin who was looking away at a vase as if it was the most important thing at the moment.

Looking over at him, he caught my gaze and jumped in his seat.

"Y-You were my Guardian Angel before Taekwoon?" I asked realizing why he was always around me helping me or just simply answering most of my question.

"Yeah. I just got reassigned because they thought I would be better at being a Messanger than a Guardian," he shrugged.

"W-Why? Why did they think you were better as a Messanger?" I asked. Instead of feeling frightened or even shocked. I was curious—curious to know about their hidden past.

"I'm not sure why, but I think it was because I was being too helpful towards you,"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I helped with just about everything..." he said messing with fingers.

"That is very true. He did," Hak Yeon laughed.

"Why do you think you were so good at sports? Or even at Math?" Ji Yoon joked. I looked at her shocked.

"He helped me?" I said pointing towards Hongbin. Everyone nodded except for Taekwoon who silently sat there. They laughed as I just sat there. Not really knowing if I should even respond. There was no other way of disgusting the information that they just told me. Looking back, it made sense why he was always close to me as if watching me. It would also explain that day that he saved me from being hit by a car; how he was there at the right time and place.

"But what made you become a Fallen Angel?" I asked looking at Taekwoon hoping that he would answer me at least.

He played with his fingers as he leaned forward. His hair creating a curtain, making it impossible to see his eyes.

"Because I fell in love with you. That is breaking the rules of a Guardian. We must protect not love," he said with such a quiet voice that the room became silent as he spoke.

"What about your father?" I dared ask. I was so full of questions right now that there was probably no way of stopping me now.

Taekwoon looked up and stared at me.

"He became a Fallen Angel years before I fell. He didn't exist in my world until I fell,"

"Yeah, his Father fault was greed. Just like Lucifer, his greed was too much and he was outcasted. He was friends with the Archangels, almost becoming one himself," Wonshik added as everyone else nodded along.

Turning towards Ji Yoon, she was being awfully quiet which was really unusual for her. "What about you?"

"I saved someone from dying," she looked at me giving me a small smile.

I blinked a few times because I really thought she was bluffing. There was no way that she would have saved me. After Taekwoon saved me from getting hit, so how was she able to or how could she have saved me?

"You?"

"I slowed down the car to give Taekwoon enough time to get you out of danger. That was enough for the Archangel's to banish me," she shrugged.

"B-But why?"

"Because, I knew how much you meant to Taekwoon and I didn't want him to lose himself to grief if you died," she glanced over to Taekwoon who had his head down and his hair was blocking his face from view.

Tears spilled out, because up until now, I was oblivious to the fact that they've watched over me and protected me for probably my whole life. As Angels and as Fallen Angels. Growing up, I was told that Fallen Angels are evil because they resent everything that ever happened to them as Angels and once they fell they would have a grudge against Heaven and the Archangels. But they were different; they were nothing like I was told they would be. I didn't even think that it was true that they existed.

This is whole time, they've been protecting me and I didn't know. Of course I didn't.

The rest of the guys looked at me and slightly smiled.

"At least you know now, but that doesn't mean you're out of the woods yet," Wonshik spoke up.

"What do you mean?"

"Taekwoon's Father is going to be after you because you're a human and he wants his son to be an Angel once more. Something that he may not be able to achieve himself," Ji Yoon explained to me.

"You can become an Angel again?" I asked stupidly. I felt like a five-year-old asking their parents were babies come from.

"Yes. If you do the right things and solve a number of riddles. It's too hard, though, and you know me I'm lazy," laughed Ji Yoon. Rolling my eyes, I looked over to Taekwoon once more but he didn't even glance up.

"Why don't we leave you two to talk? We'll talk more tomorrow," Sang Hyuk said getting up and looked at his hyungs and Noona before going to the front entrance and putting on his shoes.

"Well?"

Sighing, they all stood up and bid their goodbyes before leaving out the door. Taekwoon leaned back into the seat but with his head still down. Pushing myself up, I slowly walked over to him and knelt next him. I rest my arm on the armrest as I placed my chin on my forearm and tried looking at him.

"Taekwoon?" I reached up to his face and tried pushing his silky smooth hair out the way, but he moved his head.

Pushing himself up, he stood up and without a word he swiftly made his way up the stairs and towards his room. I sighed in frustration because it was going to take a lot for him to open up.

Taekwoon's POV

Not sure what else I could do, I thought that going to my room was the best option but now I was regretting my choices. I felt bad that it took so long to tell Chae Yeong but it was for her own good. I had to pretend that I didn't know her, that she was a complete stranger to me when that wasn't the case.

Every time, I would see Chae Yeong on campus or in class, I felt a tug on my heart. I knew—I knew for a fact that I still had feelings for her but I couldn't allow myself to show those feelings because that would only put her in danger. I absolutely did not want to risk losing her, the way I almost lost her when I saved her back in high school.

Thinking back, I knew I committed a sin and I took full responsibly for them. But the Archangels didn't rip my wings or my friends' wings like they should have when an Angel is banished and falls. I have always wondered why they took pity on them. Why did they allow them to keep their wings?

Taking a deep breath, I went over to my bed and laid down. I draped his arm over my forehead and closed my eyes to further think what I was going to do with Chae Yeong. I couldn't allow her to wander alone, because who knows if Fathers' men are still following her or not. As my eyes fluttered closed with sleep, a soft knock was heard from the bedroom door but I made no effort to get up or answer the door.

Laying there, I heard the door creak open and softly close as Chae Yeong's footsteps could be heard coming closer to my bed. She got onto the bed and sat there staring at me. I could feel her boring holes into me, and it took a lot to not smile.

"What is it?" I finally said as I peeked from under my arm. I noticed that she flinched which caused me to slightly grin, but that was something that I missed seeing just about every day. How she would always smile, or jump at the slightest things, or laugh full heartily. I missed those days where she didn't have a care in the world and it was easy to fall in love with her. Not that now, I don't love her—I may actually love her even more than I act

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter