003

The One I Can't Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once I showered, I felt so much better. Taekwoon lent me a t-shirt and some random short shorts laying around. I kind of questioned how in the world he had these. The t-shirt was so big that it covered the short shorts that I was wearing making it seem like I wasn't wearing anything underneath.

Did he.. or does he have a girlfriend? But if he did, then why is he letting me wear these? 

I placed my clothes on the bed before making my way out of the room and into the hallway that leads towards the living room. As I neared the living room, the smell of food being cooked filled the air. Sniffing the air I followed the aroma towards the kitchen to find Taekwoon hovering over the stove as he cooked.

"What are you cooking?" I asked as I sat on the barstool to look at him.

He turned around, looked at me before turning back around to tend to the food. I sighed heavily because I don't know why I was expecting him to even respond to me.

I propped my elbows up and rested my chin on my hands as I stared at his back. He was nicely built as he had wide shoulders with a fairly small waist in comparison.

After a few minutes, he reached over to turn off the stove before grabbing the skillet by the handle and turning around to face me. He blinked once before moving over to the breakfast table to the right.

Pushing myself off the barstool, I slowly walked over. He had placed the skillet in the center with a towel underneath it. He turned around so quick that we were literally inches apart from each other. I could hear his breathing as much as he could mine. We stared at each before his eyes diverted away and I blushed as I looked down a little embarrassed.

Clearing my throat, I got out of the way, so he could do whatever it was he was doing.

"Sorry," I muttered. He simply nodded his head as he fixed his hair before walking back towards the kitchen to grab plates and utensils.

"Do you need help?" I asked turning around hoping that maybe I could be useful.

"No," he answered as he walked back over. He stopped half-way as he seemed to be staring at me... or rather what I was wearing.

He looked me up and down making me feel self-conscious as I tried to hide my legs but that obviously failed. He cleared his throat as he looked in a different direction as he walked over to the table.

"Alright," I said as I sat down and he placed a plate in front of me and gently placed the utensils down beside it.

He sat down himself as he placed his own plate in front of himself. He looked up at me before gesturing to me for to start eating.

"Thank you,"

Grabbing my chopsticks, I served myself before I starting eating. Taekwoon went for the rice first as we silently ate. Though it was a bit awkward, it was peaceful and comfortable.

I really wanted to ask him if he did indeed have girlfriend, but I couldn't bring myself to beause I thought that it may make things even more awkward between us than it already was. So I just settled on not saying anything and eat the food in peace.

As we were eating the doorbell rang. I set my chopsticks down and looked at him confused.

"Are you expecting someone?"

"No," he shook his head as he stood up with his eyebrows furrowed. He went over the monitor to see who it was. I stood up because I was little curious though I knew I should have stayed at the table.

"Who it is?" I asked as I approached him from behind.

He didn't answer me as he stared at he monitor.

"What?" confused I looked at the monitor and there was a tall older man standing at the door with two guys in black on either side of him.

"Take all your stuff and go to my room right now," he said with an edge to his tone. Confused and a little scared I wasn't sure what he meant by that.

"W-What?"

"Take your bag and shoes and everything you have in the guest room and hurry up to my room. Lock yourself in there," he said as he his heels and rushed over to the table to clear everything.

I stood frozen in my spot because I wasn't sure why he suddenly changed because of a guest.

"B-But-"

"Now Chae Yeong!" he snapped at me as he picked up the plates and the skillet and dumped all the food into the trash before placing them inside the sink and started to wash them.

"O-Okay,"

I went over to the door where I saw my shoes and grabbed them as I passed the couch, I grabbed my bag and hurried to my room to grab my clothes and jacket before heading to the stairs.

One last look at Taekwoon, he was placing the dishes in the rack to dry before he walked over to the monitor. I rushed upstairs and into his room. Although it was pitch black now, I closed the door behind me and locked it.

Taekwoon's POV

I wasn't sure why my father chose to show up suddenly. Of all days, he chose to come today. Frustrated, I raked my fingers through my hair. I was confused and wondered why my father even showed up. I haven't seen him in months, why did he show up today?

My father pushed the doorbell again. Taking a deep breath, I  pressed the answer button.

"Come in,"

I pushed the unlock button and in came my father with his two men.

"What took you so long?" my father questioned as he came inside the house.

"I was upstairs," I simply said as I took a few steps back. 

Nodding, my father took his shoes off as so did his men. They walked into the house, and my father walked around as if inspecting the house for some reason.

"Hasn't changed. Do you have a girlfriend? Maybe if you did she could help with the decor. Hmm what about Oh Ji Yoon?" my father said. I balled my fists because my father knew very well that I did not like Ji Yoon.

"Keep Oh Ji Yoon out of this. I don't like her," I said trying to suppress my anger. I never understood why he tried to push Ji Yoon on me.

"Oh so you like someone else?" Father raised an eyebrow at me.

"It's not like that,"

"I see," Father nodded as he had his hands behind him and continued to walk around.

"Sir," one of the two said to Father.

"Yes,"

"I smell human,"

I gulped because that was one thing I forgot to do. I forgot to mask Chae Yeong's smell, I just hoped Father didn't catch on to it. But knowing Father, it was probably already too late.

Father looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Is there anyone else here?"

"No,"

Immediately, Father went to the guest room and opened the door.

"I smell it here. Even more," he turned to face me before swiftly gong towards the stairs, but I blocked his path.

"What do you think you're doing? If you not hiding anything then you would let me through,"

Sighing, I didn't want to give myself away so I let Father through, though I knew I would regret it. Father went room to room until he reached my bedroom door. I wasn't sure what he was doing exactly, but I had a feeling that he already sensed Chae Yeong's presence.

He tried opening the door but the door was locked.

"Why is your room locked?"

"I locked it before coming down," I shrugged. I just glad thaat Chae Yeong listened to me.

"Open it,"

But I didn't budge from my spot. I remained silent not making eye contact with my father. I knew my father was growing angry but I had to find a way to distract him. I needed more time to figure out what I was going to do. If he discovered Chae Yeong inside, it would not only be the end for me but for her as well. 

"Taekwoon. I won't repeat myself. Open this door," Father said looking at me. I looked at my father but at that very moment, he didn't seem angry at me.

"I already know so just tell her to open the door," he said softly. I wasn't sure if I should even trust my own father but it was already too late.

I walked over to the door and knocked once. "Open it,"

There was a click and slowly the door creaked open. I was about to reach in for Chae Yeong when my father pushed me aside and grabbed her arm.

"You're dating this little runt?!" my father screamed as Chae Yeong looked at him shocked.

"FATHER!"

"You know very well I don't allow dating with humans. Maybe the other families may allow it but not me!" he tightened his grip on Chae Yeong, when suddenly the door bell rang and the door sounded.

"TAEKWOON!" I heard Wonshik yell.

"Oh good you're friends are here. I wonder what they will think about this,"

Father dragged Chae Yeong down the stairs and she looked at me confused and scared.

"Oh hi, Mr. Jung!" I heard my friends greet my father. Sighing, I slowly went to the staircase to look down.

"C-Chae Yeong what are you doing here?" Hongbin asked as he looked at her confused but I saw the frown on my friends face as he looks at the death grip that my father had on Chae Yeong.

My father, in return looked at them in bewilderment at the fact that they knew her.

"You know her?"

"Yeah she's my best friend," Ji Yoon came in behind the guys.

"J-Ji Yoon, what are you doing here? I thought you didn't know anything about Taekwoon," Chae Yeong spoke up.

"Be quiet," Father said he yanked on Chae Yeong's arm causing her to yelp in pain.

"Mr. Jung please let her go," Ji Yoon asked as she looked at Chae Yeong with a stern look. Swiftly went down the stairs and snatched Chae Yeong out of his father's grip.

"She's none of your concern,"

"You're going to regret this," His father gave me one last glance before pushing through the crowd to put on his shoes and left with his bodyguards right behind him.

Worried, I looked down at Chae Yeong who looked shell-shocked.

"What is she doing here?" Hak Yeon asked as he raised an eyebrow at them.

I chose not to answer because they didn't have to know any details at all. It's not like they did anything, but my friends were the least of my concern. Knowing my father, he was going to return.

"Oh I get it," Hongbin smirked as he pointed at the both of them.

"No, you don't!" Chae Yeong blushed as she turned around.

Chae Yeong's POV

After settling down, no dared say a word. Everyone glanced at each other but no one spoke. It was really awkward for me because I really didn't know what was going on, but the atmosphere in the living room was intense. I wasn't sure if it was because of Taekwoon's father or what, but what I was curious about was what he was talking about when he came in.

"What are you doing here?" Ji Yoon sighed as she looked towards me.

"I took her here. She fell asleep in the library," Taekwoon spoke up. I don't know if it was me or not, but this was the most I've heard him talk in one day.

"Why? Why didn't you just call one of us?" Ji Yoon looked angry and I didn't know why.

Sighing, Taekwoon didn't say anything more as he remained silent in his spot next to me.

"He only meant good," Hak Yeon said nodding his head.

"Oppa! What about Chae Yeong? Now she's going to be in danger!" Ji Yoon exclaimed.

"Danger? What kind of danger? I don't understand why everyone says I'm going to be in danger,"

Everyone else didn't say a word as they looked aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter