Home Alone

Lover's End

                Tiffany sits on the bench outside of her school, anxiously fidgeting with the hair tie around her wrist. “Seems like Taeyeon is taking her sweet time…” Tiffany thinks with a sigh.

                After the debacle on Saturday the two had rescheduled their hangout session for Wednesday at Tiffany’s house, with Taeyeon picking her up after school. Tiffany smiles to herself, “With dad off on business for the rest of this week maybe I’ll even be able to convince Taeyeon to stay with me the whole time…”, The thought makes Tiffany’s smile widen, as well as causing a few devious thoughts to drift through her mind.

                Tiffany’s smile falters, “I also don’t want to be home alone. Not when there’s a murderer on the loose.”

                After the discovery of two dead bodies on Monday everyone in town is on edge. Tiffany’s father was hesitant to leave, but he couldn’t just cancel. Tiffany had promised to have someone over, or stay at someone’s house while he is away. Despite the morbid reason, Tiffany took this as an opportunity to spend some peaceful alone time with Taeyeon. Well, she hadn’t asked Taeyeon to stay yet, but Tiffany didn’t see any reason for her to decline.

                As soon as Tiffany sees the familiar beat up car pull up she’s off the bench and practically running to it. She opens the passenger door with a grin, “Taeyeon!”

                Taeyeon chuckles, “You act like you missed me or something.”

                Tiffany’s not just ecstatic to see Taeyeon; she’s also relieved to see her looking healthy again. Her skin looks bright and beautiful, her shakes have vanished, and her lips are once again that tantalizingly kissable shade of pink.

                “Maybe I did miss you a little bit.” Tiffany says teasingly as she shuts her door, “But don’t even act like you aren’t happy to see me, too.”

                Taeyeon smiles, “Of course I am.” With that she leans over and gives Tiffany a soft kiss on the lips. Taeyeon pulls away only an inch before whispering, “I really missed you, Tiffany.”

                The low, husky tone of Taeyeon’s voice, accompanied by the feeling of warm breath on her lips makes Tiffany shiver. Taeyeon notices; letting out a throaty chuckle before giving Tiffany another light, but more lingering, kiss.

                Taeyeon pulls away and starts up the car without saying anything more. Tiffany is left flustered and speechless. Her brain reminds her that she and Taeyeon will have the house all to themselves. The prospect makes Tiffany both elated and nervous.

 

 

                When they arrive at her house, Tiffany pulls the key from her bag and unlocks the door. As they step in Taeyeon asks, “No one else is home?”

                “No. It’s just me and dad usually. He’s off at a conference for work though. He’ll be gone the rest of this week.” Tiffany explains absent mindedly.

                “Oh, will he?” Taeyeon asks flirtily.

                Tiffany chuckles, “He will. I was actually wondering if you’d want to stay over for a few days… uh, I’m not up to anything, I promise. I just don’t like the idea of staying home alone with what’s been going on.”

                Taeyeon nods, “I understand. Don’t you have school though?”

                “Yeah. While I’m there I figured you could go off and do whatever you want, or even just stay here. It’s up to you.”

                “Sounds good to me.”

                Tiffany sits down on the living room couch and Taeyeon follows suit; sitting so close that there’s barely any space between the two of them. Tiffany doesn’t mind the closeness at all. She even takes advantage of the lack of space by putting her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. Tiffany sighs in contentment when she feels Taeyeon wrap an arm around her waist.

                “Did you have anything planned for today?”, Taeyeon asks.

                “Not really. I just wanted to spend some time with you. I don’t care what we do.”

                Taeyeon grins, “You’re too cute.”

                Tiffany chuckles, “Not that I’m disagreeing, but what makes you say that?”

                “You just wanting to be around me and not caring what we do to pass the time. It’s really endearing.”

                A smirk forms on Tiffany’s lips as she lifts up her head and looks at Taeyeon, “I mean… I might have something in mind…”

                The mischievous smirk is mirrored back as Taeyeon understands what Tiffany means, “Is that so?”

                “Mmmhmmmmm…”, Tiffany hums as she leans in closer to Taeyeon.

                Before Tiffany can even process what is happening, she feels herself being pulled onto Taeyeon’s lap before their lips are crashed together forcefully. The same lips that had been almost icily cold on Saturday are now warm and fervent. The tongue that creeps passed Tiffany’s lips moves with the same eagerness. Tiffany wasn’t expecting a full on make out session to happen so soon, but she isn’t exactly complaining. She tangles her fingers into Taeyeon’s hair and kisses back passionately.

                Three minutes in and Tiffany has to pull away to catch her breath. Taeyeon, however, seems relentless. With Tiffany’s face turned away she simply moves to her neck.

                Though she’s enjoying every seconds of having Taeyeon’s lips on her, Tiffany also feels overwhelmed.

                “T-Taeyeon…”, Tiffany groans out in an attempt to halt the shower of kisses on her skin.

                Taeyeon only responds by humming and deepening her kisses into nibbles.

                “Taeyeon… St-stop for a second.”

                Immediately Taeyeon whips her head up and looks at Tiffany with concern evident in her expression. “Is something wrong?”

                Trying to calm her raging hormones, Tiffany moves from Taeyeon’s lap and back onto the couch. She takes a deep breath and clears before speaking with panted breaths, “N-no. I… I loved all of that. But… don’t you think… we’re going too fast?”

                Taeyeon tilts her head curiously, “What do you mean?”

                Tiffany takes another deep breath; this time she speaks in a less halting manner, “I mean… We aren’t dating, hell, we just met less than two weeks ago. But here we are: having a hardcore make out session on my couch.”

                Taeyeon’s brow furrows in confusion, “Is… is that not what you wanted? Am I rushing things? I don’t want to give you the wrong impression; I really do like you a lot. Like, beyond physically. It’s just how you were talking… I thought…”

                Seeing the guilt riddled expression on Taeyeon’s face makes Tiffany’s heart hurt. She interrupts Taeyeon, “Nonono! It is what I wanted. You didn’t do anything I didn’t want you to, I promise. It’s just… I don’t really know how to explain it…” Tiffany pauses for a second to collect her thoughts. “It’s just weird that I want to do this so soon. It’s been less than two weeks and I… I feel like I’ve known you for months.”

                Taeyeon gives her a small smile, “I know what you mean. I feel like that, too. I guess we just connect. I really like you, Tiffany.” She pauses to chuckle, “Actually, it’s almost scary how much I like you.”

                Tiffany can’t help but grin, “I’m really glad to hear that. So, it doesn’t feel off to you that everything is happening so quickly?”

                “Nope. Do you feel that way?”

                “No. The pace we’re going at feels natural doesn’t it?” Tiffany asks cautiously.

                “Absolutely.” Taeyeon says in a resolute tone.

                An awkward silence sets in for about 10 seconds before Tiffany breaks it, “Taeyeon?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Since we both feel that way… Do you want to date?”

                “You’re asking if I want to be your girlfriend?”

                Tiffany nods hesitantly, “I really want us to be. Do you?”

                A wide grin breaks out on Taeyeon’s face, “I’d love to be your girlfriend.”

                Tiffany can’t help but envelop Taeyeon in a tight hug, “I promise I’ll treat you like a princess.”

                Taeyeon chuckles, “Hey, That’s my line.” She pulls back and gives Tiffany a light kiss on the lips.

                “Why don’t we go out to eat to celebrate?”

                The smile on Taeyeon’s face falters the slightest bit, “Uh, I actually ate before I picked you up from school. How about I make you something to eat instead?”

                Once again Tiffany finds herself worrying about Taeyeon’s eating habits, but she lets it go for now. She decides that if she doesn’t see Taeyeon eat at least once this week that’s when she’ll start worrying.

                “I think that sounds really nice. Did you have anything in mind?”

                Taeyeon chuckles, “I was going to ask you the same thing.”

                Tiffany shrugs, “There isn’t really any food I don’t like. Just make whatever you can.”

                Taeyeon rolls her eyes but continues smiling none the less, “Fiiiine. I guess I can make do with that. But I’m not responsible if you don’t like what I make.”

                Tiffany gives her a tight hug, “I know I’ll love whatever you come up with.”

 

 

                Once again Tiffany finds herself on the couch, leaning her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, only now her tummy is full and happy. Every now and again she catches herself starting to drift off and has to force herself awake.

                “Tiff, are you getting sleepy?”, Taeyeon asks in a soft voice.

                “I kind of am. Are you?”

                “Not just yet, but I don’t want to keep you up.”

                Tiffany chuckles, “Are you sure? I don’t want you to get bored.”

                “I’ll make do. Could I have a pillow and blanket?”

                Tiffany gives her a confused look, “What for? I figured you’d want to sleep beside me.”

                Taeyeon smiles, “I just don’t think it’d be very proper to do that already.”

                “I wasn’t thinking we’d do anything. Just some cuddling.” Tiffany says with an innocent smile.

                “Still, I’d rather sleep out here for now.”, Taeyeon says kindly, but still firmly.

                Tiffany sighs in defeat, “Alright. Come to my room and I’ll give you a blanket and pillow.”

                Tiffany stands up and starts walking. Taeyeon dutifully follows behind her; up a set of stairs and down a hallway that’s lined with three doors.

                “It’s just you and your dad that live here? This place is pretty big,” Taeyeon asks.

                “Yep. He makes a decent amount of money. He bought this place with my future in mind rather than just us. He wants it to be passed down through our family.” Tiffany explains as she opens her bedroom door.

                “That’s really thoughtful. Do you have an attic or basement? Or do you just use the empty rooms as storage?”

                The question is kind of odd, but Tiffany answers none the less, “There’s a basement and an attic. Well, it’s more of a crawl space than an attic. But yeah, we just use the extra rooms as storage. The basement is huge, but it’s way too creepy. We never go down there.”

                For some reason a faint smile tugs at the corner of Taeyeon’s lips, “Oh, I was just curious. I mean usually big places like this have one or the other.”

                Tiffany nods, “Uh, anyway, do you need pajamas, too?”

                “Nope. A pillow and blanket will be fine. I can sleep in this for tonight, and tomorrow I’ll get some clothes.”

                Tiffany gets a blanket and pillow from her bed before handing them to Taeyeon, “I’m sorry to crash when you’re still wide awake.”

                Taeyeon gives her a small kiss on the lips, “Don’t worry about it, I usually stay up kind of late anyway. But goodnight, sleep well.”

                “You, too Tae.” Tiffany says as Taeyeon walks out of her room.

                Tiffany sighs happily to herself as she begins to change into her pajamas. Finally, she has a girlfriend to call her own. But not just any girl; Taeyeon. The person Tiffany would describe as her dream girl. Though she didn’t think they would date so soon, she’s glad they are. However, it does bother her a little that Taeyeon refused to share a bed with her.

                “It’s obvious that she likes cuddling and being close to me… so why pass up a chance to spend the whole night snuggled up together?”, Tiffany thinks to herself, “I know I was really looking forward to it. Maybe she’s just afraid that if we got into a bed together she wouldn’t be able to resist me.” The thought makes Tiffany smile.

                “Whatever her reasoning, we still have the rest of the week to spend together.” With that thought in mind, Tiffany crawls under her covers and relaxes. As she begins to fall asleep, pleasant thoughts of Taeyeon fill her head.