Chapter the Second

Talk Nerdy to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Iseul was probably the most insufferable girl that Kai had ever met. She was loud, clingy, and had a habit of chewing gum with wide open. Even when she was silent she found ways to work on Kai's nerves.

"Kai~" The girl in questioned whined, tugging on the sleeve of his sweater. He didn't like the school uniforms and he would have gladly run them through the mud a few times, but that didn't mean that he was willing to let her hang off of him like she was.

"What Iseul?" He asked through gritted teeth, hoping that she would just pop out of existence if he wished hard enough.

"You said you would take me out today!" She pouted her over-glossed lips and crossed her arms in front of her, pushing her chest forward.

That was the one thing about Iseul he did like. She was a bombshell beauty. Any man with eyes had to admit even that. She had a petite frame, toned by the years of tennis played at her parents country club. Her face was small and nearly perfectly symmetrical and she didn't have a blemish in sight, with or without makeup. She kept her hair cut precisely to her shoulders and wore it in princess curls, framing her face and making her eyes seem big and doll like.

But all of that was ruined when she opened . All she could talk about was who was dating who, what fashions and makeups were trending and how much money her dearest daddy had given her to do something or other. Kai could practically feel his brain melting whenever she talked to him. Unfortunately, she was the girl his mother and father had asked him to be nice to because they were in the process of merging their company with her fathers.

"Kai!" Her sharp wail startled him out of his reverie and he winced.

"Right, out," he sighed. "Where did you want to go?" He tried to muster up the smarmiest smile he could, but he was sure it looked more pained, than alluring. Iseul, ever in her own world, didn't notice and forcefully hooked her arm with his. He tried to slip his arm out of her grip, but she held on like gorilla glue, even when he tried to get the rest of his things out of his locker. He thought he was a goner when he heard feet approaching from down the hall. He glanced to the left, and a relieved smile replaced his pained grimace.

"Jungwha! How are you? Haven't seen you in a while! What's that? I'm late for our meeting? Oh my good gracious, I totally forgot!" Kai said loudly, startling Iseul and the two girls coming down the hallway. Hayoung looked at Junghwa for answers to the random guy calling out to her. Junghwa looked slightly annoyed, and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Is this the friend you wanted to introduce me too?" Kai continued, prompting Hayoung to blush furiously. "Junghwa, I'm late, so why don't I make it up to you right now?" He hoped she had picked up on his distress, and he tried once again to pull his arm out of Iseul's iron grip.

"I'm giving a tour right now, so I don't-" Junghwa began, but Kai, who had managed to finally pry himself from Iseul's grip of death, flung his arm around her shoulder and covered with his hand. "Don't be silly, dear cousin of mine! I insist on making it up to you and your lovely friend right now." He gave all three girls a forced smile and Hayoung had to bite back a laugh. Clearly, he was trying to get rid of the girl and Junghwa wasn't in the mood for his shenanigans. Before Junghwa could protest further, Kai was guiding her around a miffed Iseul and down the hall. Hayoung, feeling awkward, quickly bowed to Iseul and followed the pair.

"Oh thank God," Kai sighed once they were out of earshot. "That girl may be hot, but she's a stage five clinger. I mean really. That's why you're cool, Junghwa. You're only annoying when it comes to dance club stuff." Kai was so wrapped up in his monologue that he didn't notice Jungwha fuming beside him.

"Kai. Kai. KIM JONGIN, IF YOU DON'T LET ME GO RIGHT NOW I SWEAR I WILL-" Kai let go of Junghwa as if she was made of boiling lava. Her face with scrunched in annoyance and her cheeks flush with red. She brushed her shoulders off, as if he had dumped dirt there, and fixed him with a glare.

"You are insufferable," she snapped. Realizing she had Hayoung still with her, she turned to the girl and gave her a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry Hayoung. This guy is a brat and a nuisance." Kai gave her a cheeky grin.

"That's why I'm here, Junggie." She grimaced at the stupid nickname and rolled her eyes. "Thanks for saving me from that girl. I would rather spoon my eyes out with a spork than sit through another lunch with her." Junghwa sighed and grabbed Hayoung's hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter