oo4

can't stop remembering

Ten gulped anxiously as he averted the latter’s monstrous glare. Oh why did he have to act all calm and collected, well-knowing he was trembling and shaking inside. Who could be blame but himself? He watched wordlessly as Taeyong’s temple throbbed as he was filled with rage. The temperature in the room seemed to rise as his balled fists started to turn white at his knuckles.

 

Ten cussed inwardly as he bit onto his bottom lip unconsciously, eyes darting. “You’re up early today!” Jaehyun walked in with a rather sleepy Yuta by his side, looking a lot cheerful than usual. Ten thanked Jaehyun silently for breaking the intense silence, breaking into a small smile after though his heart was still pounding furiously.

 

Even Jaehyun noticed how Taeyong would shoot daggers at the other boy, as if he was a predator ready to pounce it’s prey. Jaehyun cleared his throat, in hopes to ease the awkward atmosphere as he shot Taeyong a sheepish smile. More often than not, Taeyong would’ve replied with a small nod and a grin after, but this time, things are not what the younger had expected.

 

“Uh..” Yuta latch onto Jaehyun’s arm for comfort, blinking sweat from his eyes as he watched Taeyong advance towards Ten, raising his brows trying not to react as hot searing rage throbbed painfully at his temples. “Jae..” Yuta called Jaehyun for help, as he shook the younger’s arm with much urgency, knowing that things are going to turn nasty any second now if they don’t step in.

 

“Who do you think you are?.”  Taeyong snapped at Ten, voice plunged into a low and grumpy tone as he cracked his knuckles. “Taeyong hyung-” Jaehyun pleaded, hoping for Taeyong to stop but the other showed no sign of backing down. “Taeyo-” Before Ten could even apologize, Taeyong went straight for his face, his once calm demeanor suddenly exploded into wild fits of anger.

 

Without much thought, Taeyong hurled his fist once again, pinning Ten against the cold tiles, eyes flashed with anger and resentment. Ten made no means to fight back, instead he lied there motionlessly, waiting for Taeyong to strike his next move. His face was bruised from that punching, and he had a deep cut above his lip that hasn’t stop bleeding since.

 

Just when Taeyong decided that he was going to go for Ten’s chest next, his wrathful fist was halted mid air. “Stop it!” Ten could barely make out who that person is, as the light stung his eyes. “What do you think you are doing?” Taeil shouted at the top of his lungs when Taeyong didn’t seem to budge, certainly displeased.

 

“Cut it out guys.” Johnny helped Taeil pull Taeyong away from the boy, with Doyoung & Jaehyun running over to Ten. Yuta on the other hand,  went to get medical assistance for Ten. The bad looked badly injured.

 

“Is everything okay, Taeyong?” Johnny asked cautiously, afraid of provoking the elder further. Taeyong couldn’t think straight. His chapped lips quivered in fear, hands shaking as he brought his knees to his chest, hugging them tightly. It scares him knowing that he had bruised his roommate out of anger and impulse. Yes, he had every right to get angry since Ten had intentionally dirtied his precious shoes in the first place, but he shouldn’t let fury get the best of him nonetheless. He couldn’t have killed Ten if Taeil hadn’t been there to stop him.

 

“Taeyong..” Taeil rubbed soothing circles round the said man’s back, bringing Taeyong closer to his chest as he caressed the younger’s cheek comfortingly. “Everything is going to be okay, we’re here for you no matter what.”

 

While Taeyong had Taeil and Johnny by his side, Ten was at the medical office getting his cut fixed. Ten winced in pain as the nurse applied ointment onto his freshly cut wounds. He flinched at the touch, clenching his fists by his side silently wishing for this torture to end as cold sweat rolled down his cheeks like rivulets.

 

“My goodness. Did you get into a fight?” The lady asked him, while she tend to Ten’s bruised arm and plastered his cuts. “I fell.” He lied, as he averted the lady’s questioning gaze. “You should be more careful then.” She chided, shaking her head as she went back to the cabinets to grab some cotton pads and antiseptic, handing them over to Doyoung.

 

“Make sure he applies these once a day.” She instructed as Doyoung replied with a nod, helping Ten out of the office alongside with Jaehyun. “Thank you.” They thanked her on their way out, shutting the door behind.

 

“Feeling better?” Doyoung asked, face grows haggard with worry. “Yeah, i’m okay. Thanks alot guys.” He muttered, though one could he was clearly putting on a front since his face was telling them otherwise. Ten’s brows were deeply knitted and his mouth slightly ajar in agony. “You could’ve retaliate you know.” Jaehyun sighed, as he state a matter of factly. It pained him to see one of his teammates getting hurt. “It was my fault to begin with. I deserved it.” Ten whispered, guilt ridden for having played a malicious prank on Taeyong that went a little over than expected.

 

“I’m heading back to the dorms first.” Ten said, as he trudged ahead, taking his leave. “Yah! Call us if you need anything!” Doyoung said, earning a nod from Ten as he watched Ten leave with much uneasiness. “He’ll be okay, Doyoung.” Jaehyun reassured, placing a consoling arm round Doyoung’s broad shoulders.

 

“I can only hope so.”

 

-

 

Ten sat at the far end of his bed, as he watched the hands of the clock tick ever so slowly. He was going to apologize Taeyong, if the latter was willing to listen that is. It had been slightly over 10 in the morning, and he wondered if the said man was going to return to the dorm though Ten doubt so. He played with his fingers nervously, as he bit onto his lower lip restlessly. Just when he figured that it’d be wise for him to just wait for Taeyong to return later this evening, said man walked in wearing a stoic expression as always, feigning indifference. “Taeyong-” Ten called meekly, as he turned to face the other, fidgeting in his seat anxiously as he awaited for the latter’s response.

 

Much to his surprise, Taeyong paused as he diverted his attention to Ten. The latter looked no better than he. Taeyong’s dark circles were prominent under his bloodshot eyes, hair disheveled, and he reeked of what seem to Ten, the smell of alcohol . “Save your apologies, Ten.” Taeyong cut him off with a dismissive wave of his hand even before Ten could continue further, “I don’t wish to talk about it now.” Ten did tried reasoning, but Taeyong’s decision was final.

 

Ten sighed inwardly, giving in eventually when Taeyong went straight for the bathroom, slamming the door shut, clearly not wanting to speak with the younger.

 

Ten tightened the grip on the hem of shirt, not willing to give up just yet, lips curving into a small smile, eyes blazing with determination.


He was going to make Taeyong talk to him, one way or another.


a/n; sorry if this was a really short update ;;

i promise to make it up to you guise in the next update ^u^ (hinthint; there are going to be lots of fluffly taeten moments so brace yourselves.)