oo2

can't stop remembering

Practice ended off smoothly, with Yuta clinging onto him relentlessly. “Good job everyone!” Mrs Shim clasps her hands signaling the end of practice, as she’d left the boys behind to clean up. “Ten!” Yuta exclaimed, latching onto the latter’s arms. “Dinner?” Yuta offered, as Ten shot him an apologetic smile, declining the offer politely since he had to get to the lounge as soon as possible where he left his luggage, as he was going to move into the dormitories this evening.

 

“Aww.” Yuta pouted, “Mi-an,” Ten rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, not knowing how to pacify the elder. “Cut it out Yuta.” Hansol shook his head in disapproval as he’d pulled the said man away from Ten, dragging him out of the practice room, with Yuta whining refusing to leave Ten. Ten chuckled at the sight, as he’d followed the two out, making his way towards the main lobby.

 

Upon arriving, the receptionist helped him with the luggage as he’d bowed gratefully in return, as he’d followed her closely to where his dorm resided. “You’ll be sharing with one of the trainees, if that’s okay with you?” She wasn’t giving him an option no, she was just kind enough to inform him beforehand. To that, Ten could only nod wordlessly, not wanting to create a fuss.

 

“Room 7, on your left.” She’d instructed, as she’d handed him his access card, while Ten reached for his luggage. “Thank you so much.” He’d bowed thankfully, “No worries.” She returned the smile, bidding him goodnight as she left him standing outside his room, flustered. Not wanting to disturb his soon-to-be roommate, he made an effort to be extremely quiet.

 

Twisting the knob, heart pounding, as he’d peered in curiously, hoping to catch a glimpse of his new roommate. Much to his disappointment, the latter was no where in sight. He’d sighed inwardly, as he’d pushed his luggage in, shutting the door with his foot. He looked around in worry, not knowing what to do, as he’d gnaw onto his bottom lip apprehensively. Just when he’d decided if he should call for Yuta, the bathroom door clicked opened simultaneously.

 

Revealing a shirtless Taeyong, standing by the door, with a towel wrapped round his waist. Ten stood frozen as the two widened their eyes in shock, “Uh..” Ten broke the awkward silence, as he’d turned away, shutting his eyes tight. This was awkward.

 

Ten heard the door shut, as he’d cursed inwardly at his stupidity. While he stood back facing the washroom, the door clicked open, as he’d clenched his fist nervously hearing footsteps approaching.

 

“How long are you going stand facing the wall?” Ten shrieked at the sudden proximity, with Taeyong’s face merely centimeters away from his’, as he’d pulled away almost immediately. “Sorry,” Taeyong muttered, as he’d plop onto the bed next to Ten’s, picking up his phone by the night-stand, resting his head against the headboard.

 

Ten stood rooted, staring intently at the latter; Ohmygod. Please tell me this whole roommate thing isn’t true. Out of all people, why did it have to be him? Sigh, life can’t get any worser. What a first impression!

“Stop staring.” Came the remark, breaking Ten out of his train of thoughts. “I-i’m not..” Ten widened his eyes in surprise at the sudden comment, as he’d flushed feverishly.

 

“Yeah right.” Taeyong scoffed, as he went back to his phone, “The bed next to mine is empty,” He gestured, as Ten nodded in response, making his way towards the empty bed next to Taeyong’s as he flop onto the bed in exhaustion, not even bothering to remove his shoes.

 

“Yah!” Ten felt a pillow being thrown towards him, as he’d looked up seeing Taeyong huffing in disapproval, “Go wash up, you stink.”

 

Ten groan in frustration, as he’d kicked his shoes off and left for the washroom reluctantly.

 

-

 

After taking a quick shower, Ten came out of the washroom dressed in sweatpants and a grey sweater, as he’d hurried to his bed, hair wet from the shower earlier. Sprawling himself onto the bed, he’d tucked himself comfortably under the covers, smiling in satisfaction. “Good night, Taeyong!” He’d turned to face the other, who was preoccupied with his phone, as Taeyong merely muttered a, “You too.” back at Ten, as the said man sighed disheartenedly.

 

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” Ten asked, eyes droopy after a long day of practice.

 

“Soon.” Taeyong mummered, as he’d went back to his phone, scrolling through notifications.

 

“Alright, sleep soon.” Ten reminded, and just when he reached to switch off the glaring ceiling light so that he could finally get some peace and quiet, Taeyong reached forward to prevent him from doing so, earning a puzzled look from the latter.

 

“I can’t sleep with the lights off.” Taeyong coughed embarrassedly, as he’d retreated back to his bed. “Why?” Ten asked inquisitively, upon earning a nonchalant shrug in return. “Just because.” He trailed off eventually, as he’d cowered under Ten’s intent gaze.

 

“Are you perhaps scared of the dark?” Ten probed, as the latter shot up from his bed in denial. “No!” He’d shrieked, albeit too loud, confirming Ten’s suspicion. “Ah..” He shot Taeyong a knowing smile, chuckling at how adorable Taeyong was.

 

“Excuse me.” Taeyong made an attempt to recover his image, but failed miserably with Ten simply ‘humming’ in response, well knowing that Taeyong was indeed afraid of the dark and is trying his very best to cover it up.

 

“I mean, how could I, Lee Taeyong be possibly afraid of the dark. I-”

 

“Goodnight Taeyong.” Ten cut him short, hearing the latter huff in annoyance as Ten chuckled amusingly to himself.

 

I guess being roommates with Lee Taeyong wasn’t as bad as it seems, on the contrary, it was getting rather interesting. Ten thought to himself, as he’d fell asleep, a smile etched on his face.

 

-

 

“Wake up.” Ten felt someone kicking his foot, as he’d awoke to the loud sounding of the alarm.

 

“Gosh, you’re such a deep sleeper!” Taeyong pulled the covers off Ten, narrowing his eyes in disapproval. “You’re late.” Taeyong said simply, as he’d pushed the latter towards the bathroom, tossing him a fresh set of clothes before he left the room to meet the rest for breakfast at the lobby.

 

Ten made sure to scrub himself clean, before walking out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and energized as he hurried down to join Taeyong, slipping on his converse shoes hastily.

 

“Sorry, i’m late!” He’d panted, as the others turned to look at him. “It’s fine, come join us for breakfast. We left some sandwiches for you.” Taeil handed Ten the cheese sandwiches as Ten bowed gratefully in return, taking his place next to Taeyong which just so happens to be empty.

 

As soon as he sat down, the others began firing questions, Yuta especially being extremely curious as to who was Ten’s lucky roommate.

 

“Taeyong.” Ten replied, as the rest paused momentarily, breaking into laughter after. “Really? Oh my god. Why out of all people?” Doyoung passed a remark, as Ten agreed silently. “I pity you, really.” Jaehyun sigh, as he’d shot him an encouraging smile, “Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it soon.”

 

“Yah! Am I that mean?” Taeyong huffed, as he’d shot them each a glare. “He’s actually pretty funny.” Ten said, as the others widened their eyes in fascination at the comment. “Seriously Ten, you must be kidding!” Johnny exclaimed.

 

“No?” Ten replied, as he caught Taeyong smirking. “Okay, maybe.” Ten changed his mind, and decided that it was fun teasing and catching Taeyong off guard. “You-” Before Taeyong could even say anything, Ten stuffed the entire sandwich into his mouth, causing the other rookies to stare in disbelief.

 

“No one ever dares to mess with Taeyong, you’re the first.” Doyoung said, as he watch Taeyong struggling to swallow the whole chunk of bread that got Ten giggling. “Do you need some help?” Ten offered, feeling a pang of guilt.

 

“W-water..” Taeyong coughed as Ten handed the bottle over to him, as Taeyong started gulping down mouthfuls of water. “I swear, you’ll pay for this Ten.” Taeyong shot Ten a side glare as he’d coughed profusely, having choked onto pieces of ham and tomato slices from the sandwich earlier.

 

“And I’ll make sure you’ll end up regretting messing with me then.” Taeyong finished off with a mischievous smirk, leaving Ten scared and worried at the expanse of knowing that the days soon to come, won’t be as pleasant and as easy-going with Taeyong constantly finding ways to make his life miserable.

 


a/n; the game is on. 

lolol