Extra 1

Slice of My Heart

Slice of My Heart Extra #1

2.2k words


 

Kyungsoo walked into his house smiling to himself as he shut the door behind him. 

 

He had just come back from his date with Jongin and he couldn't have had a more perfect date, despite all the awkward and embarrassing moments he created for himself. Some things just can't be helped but he's glad Jongin didn't laugh at him for his horrendous blunders throughout the night. Any other guy would've been scared away from the mishaps Kyungsoo caused. He can't help it though, it was a Kyungsoo thing. Besides, any guy should like him for him even if that means always having to carry spare clothes when they go out.

 

Not turning on any lights, he felt around for his couch before finally sitting on it. He let his head rest on the back of the couch as he stared up at the ceiling, smile never leaving his face. He kept replaying the scenes of his date over an over in his head. It wasn't until the lamp besides the other couch was that he realized somebody else was in the room.

 

"How was the date, Soo?"

 

The distracted Kyungsoo jumped, scared out of his wits. When the voice registered in his mind, he looked over to the couch and groaned in annoyance. 

 

"What are you doing here, Sehun? How did you even get in here? My parents aren't even here." At his last comment, Sehun smirked.

 

"Your mom let me in before they left for the weekend. I was bored at home and since Minseok was busy with soccer and Baekhyun was busy with Chanyeol, I thought I would pay my bestest friend Kyungsoo a visit and ask him all about his date with the hot pizza delievery boy."

 

Kyungsoo stared at his friend. Troubled with indulging his friend with the details of his first date with the pizza boy or saving face, he sighed in defeat. Of course, he had to tell one of his best friend's about what happened on his first (and hopefully not last) date with Jongin. Sehun is lucky Kyungsoo likes him enough to not kick him out of his house for scaring him. But either way, he probably would've phoned Sehun first so might as well tell the boy who made the trip to come to his house.

 

"Well the date was great or at least I think it was. Hopefully, Jongin will text me later and ask to meet again for another date. But we'll see."

 

Sehun quirked his eyebrows, "So what happened? Knowing you something embarrassing had to have happened."

 

Kyungsoo pouted in annoyance but nodded his head nonetheless. His friend was right. Where there was Kyungsoo, there was some kind of disaster waiting to happen. That's just the way Kyungsoo rolled, he supposed.

 

"Well, if you must know, He picked me up at six o'clock this evening so that we could go grab some dinner. And everything was going great between us until I ordered the spaghetti. I should've just stuck to the steak. You can never go wrong with something without sauce on it." Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

"I'm really glad we came out together tonight, Kyungsoo. Honestly, even before you started flirting with me I had wanted to ask you out. You were just too cute and I wanted to know you." Jongin cheekily smiled before taking a sip of his iced tea.

 

The heat in Kyungsoo's cheeks crept up into a blush. "Ah, I'm sorry you had to see that. My friends are really mean to me and I'm pretty sure they get some kind of weird thrill from seeing me embarrass myself. One time at school, me, my friend Sehun, and my friend Baekhyun went to go support our other friend Minseok at his soccer match. I don't really know much about soccer or the rules or whatever, but Sehun told me that I should shout 'shoot the free throw' while Minseok had possession of the ball. I thought it meant like kick the ball in the net or something. So I did what Sehun said and I swear everyone in the bleachers stared at me like I was an idiot or something. I think even some of the other team's players stared at me. Sehun and Baekhyun were laughing and I turned redder than a tomato. I didn't say anything for the rest of the game."

 

Jongin chuckled a bit before the waiter came back with their food. The waiter set down a five ounce piece of steak with a fully loaded potato on the side in front of Jongin while he set down a plate of spaghetti with a side of garlic bread in front of Kyungsoo. 

 

Once the waiter left, Jongin restarted their previous conversation while cutting his steak, "Nothing wrong with shouting out the wrong thing, I'm sure no one remembers anyways. Besides your friend sounds like a jerk if he didn't apologize to you. You should get him back, I'll help." 

 

Kyungsoo softly smiled, "Nah, he promised to be my slave for the week after it happened. He said he didn't think I would actually do it but when I did he couldn't help but laugh. I was surprised that he actually felt bad and committed to being my slave because I only wanted an apology from him but instead he did what I said, no questions asked." Kyungsoo twirled a piece of this pasta onto his fork and brought it to his mouth.

 

"I'm sure since you are so nice, you didn't really make him do much. If it were me I would make him wash my dogs after they've played in the mud or I would make him clean my room because that place is very messy. One day, I'll let you see my room. I have a big bed and everything."

 

Kyungsoo's mouth fell open at the Jongin's words, letting the food inside spill onto his shirt. Well, maybe it was his own implication from his date's words but who wouldn't think ertedly when Jongin casually mentioned his big bed in his room that he invited Kyungsoo to. Maybe Kyungsoo was just a ert? Nah, anyone would think what he was thinking and he hoped (maybe somewhere down the line if things sailed smoothly) that that was Jongin's real intentions. He wouldn't know until that time came.

 

Poor Kyungsoo, though, failed to notice that the marinara-covered noddles fell onto his white, pristine shirt, staining it. Jongin looked on as the montionless Kyungsoo stared down at his plate, seemingly lost in his thoughts.

 

"Um Kyungsoo?"

 

The said boy's head snapped up, "Hu-huh? I'm sorry I was just thinking. Did you say something?"

 

Jongin just pointed at Kyungsoo's shirt. "Some of the noddles slipped out of your mouth and stained your shirt. I was wondering if you needed help cleaning it up?"

 

Kyungsoo looked down on his shirt and frowned, "Not again."

 

 

"Really Kyungsoo? You spilled noodles on youself because Jongin said he wanted to show you his room?" Sehun deadpanned at the doe-eyed boy in front of him. Kyungsoo only fidgeted in his place on the couch before speaking again.

 

"Well sorry for having my mind in the gutter. If anything I blame Baekhyun for his constant dirty remarks. I used to have pure thoughts and pure mind but ever since Baekhyun got his first boyfriend during our freshman year, he always talks in innuendos when talking about hot guys. Somehow, the innueduos and implications and what not assimilated into my everyday thoughts. You don't even want to know how many times I hd to hold back from saying dirty jokes. But back on topic, Jongin falls under hot guy category, Sehun. I couldn't help it. You even said so yourself."

 

Sehun pursed his lips, "You raise a good point, Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head, "The heart wants what it wants and the mind thinks what the mind wants."

 

"Um okay? Well okay what happened after dinner?" Sehun said, puzzled at Kyungsoo sudden philospohical thoughts.

 

Kyungsoo's demeanor deflated as he sighed. "It was less embarrassing but still not that much better."

 

 

"Thanks for lending me your cardigan to cover my shirt."

 

"Don't worry about it Kyungsoo. It's not a big deal."

 

After Kyungsoo had dropped his food on his shirt, he went to the bathroom to try to clean the stain. Luckily for him most of it came off when he rubbed it off with water but there was still some light underlying red stains that were noticable. Jongin offered Kyungsoo his cardigan to wear over the shirtr when he came back from the bathroom. Kyungsoo reluctantly agreed but as Jongin was beginning to take it off,  he asked Jongin to give it to him after dinner. He couldn't risk spilling anything on Jongin's clothes. 

 

When everything was settled, Kyungsoo went back to eating his dinner. He was thankful that Jongin seemed to have waited for him to come back from the bathroom before he began eating again as well. The doe-eyed boy smiled to himself at the thoughtful gesture.

 

Much to his surprise, the rest of the dinner went pleasantly well with the two laughing and making jokes about everything. Kyungsoo didn't even feel awkward once while he ordinarily chatted to Jongin as if he were talking to his other friends. They told stories of their friends and got to know more about each other. Like Kyungsoo found out that Jongin was on the soccer team, like Minseok, at his school whilst being on a dance team outside of school. Jongin found out that Kyungsoo loved to sing and was in the acting department at his school. Jongin had joked that it was ironic for Kyungsoo to be in the acting department when he was shy in real life. Kyungsoo admantely protested stating that he knew how to get into character and be serious or goofy or whatever the the script called for.

 

"You'll have to invite me to one of your plays next time so that I can see for myself." Kyungsoo only blubbered an incoherent 'sure'.

 

Jongin paid for their dinner and insisted that they go to the movies since it was still early in the night to go home. Kyungsoo agreed and followed Jongin out the door, his hand itching to hold the taller man's.

 

It only took a few minutes by walking to get to the theater. It had been in the same plaza as the restaurant they just ate at. The whole time Kyungsoo was a few steps behind Jongin, trying to work up the courage hold his hand. Maybe Jongin didn't want to hold his hand that's why he hadn't offered? He had been the straightforward one between the two of them so if he wanted to hold his hand he would have asked. With that thought in mind, Kyungsoo placed his empty hands in his pockets.

 

"So what kind of movies do you like, Kyungsoo?" They were looking at the movie list with the show times.

 

Kyungsoo, who was still thinking about holding Jongin's hand, shrugged his shoulders. "I'm okay with any kind of movie, really."

 

"Then do you mind if we watch the new scary movie that just came out? All my friends said it was good so I thought maybe you would like to see it too?"

 

"Sure," Kyungsoo hesistated.

 

In truth, Kyungsoo couldn't stand scary movies. Sure, he had watched them with his friends before, but it was only because they were cruel people, as he had told Jongin before, who always bought his ticket before he could even ask what movie they were watching. Even if he jumped at every single pop-up scene of the scary movies in fear, his three friends always dragged him in. Perhaps actually going with someone he actually like would help make the movie a bit better. Kyungsoo feels like he should be honest with Jongin and tell him that he will have nightmares that night if they go see the scary movie. But Jongin looked so excited and Kyungsoo instantly felt like a terrible person for even thinking about wanting to go against the very thing that brought the smile on his date's face.

 

"A scary movie sounds great Jongin. Should I get us some popcorn since you paid for dinner?" Curse his mouth for going against what he was really feeling.

 

"Popcorns sounds good, actually. I'll go find us some seats in the meantime." Kyungsoo nodded his head and walked toward the concession stand. The line wasn't very long so it only took a few minutes before he was able to buy a large popcorn and two small drinks and head to the assigned theater.

 

When he got into the theater he could see alot of people sitting, waiting for the lights to dim so that the movie can start. Kyungsoo quickly walked up the stairs to Jongin before the lights of the theaters went out. If the lights went out before Kyungsoo got to Jongin he thinks something embarrassing would have happened. 

 

It has before and he didn't wanted to relive that moment, especially in front of Jongin.

 

The doe-eyed boy reached Jongin just in time as the lights were dimming upon him handing the snacks to Jongin. Jongin gladly took the snacks from the smaller while he settled into his seat. Once everything was good, Jongin handed one of the drinks toKyungsoo, who placed it into the cup holder. He kept the popcorn in his lap and also put his soda into the cupholder. They silently watched the previews before the movie finally began.

 

Kyungsoo wasn't sure if the movie was going by slow because he was scared or if it was going slow because he was thinking way to hard about how he can hold Jongin's hand. He had decided during the previews that he was going to man up and hold Jongin's freaking hand, even if for only a little. Holding the pizza delievery boy's hand would bring Kyungsoo some peace of mind and would comfort him through all the scary and gory scenes in this movie. He so desperately wanted to hold Jongin's hand.

 

But like before, he settled for holding the popcorn in his lap, periodically eating some of the pieces. He didn't notice Jongin's hand creeping over to grip his own until there was a ghost popping up on the main character of the movie, making everyone, including himself, scream. When everyone jumped, he felt something touch his hand and he jumped in fear again, regretfully dropping the half full tub of popcorn everywhere. When he looked down to see what had touched him, he was mortified to find Jongin's hand retreating back to his own body.

 

Jongin closed his eyes and snickered at the popcorn on the ground. Kyungsoo looked up at him with apologetic eyes. "I'm sorry. Your hand scared me."

 

His date waved it off and gripped his hand once more, only this time successfully. For once, Kyungsoo looked unabashed at the other holding his hand. He secretly smiled to himself and continued to watch the movie, his and Jongin's hand interlocked together. He didn't even pay mind the scene where one of the characters was getting stabbed by the ghost, his smile remaining on his face as everyone else retched in horror.

 

 

"Well that's not too bad. At least you got to hold his hand and it seemed like you guys got along well enough."

 

Kyungsoo exhaled. "That's true. But I dropped our popcorn like thirty minutes into the movie so I felt bad for awhile because I wasn't sure if Jongin still wanted to eat more or not."

 

"You worry too much Kyungsoo. I'm sure he was fine since you said he held your hand for the rest of the movie. Well what happened after that?"

 

Kyungsoo quirked his eyebrow, "What do you mean what happened after that? He dropped me off after the movie and when I came in you were here."

 

"He didn't try to kiss you or anything?"

 

Kyungsoo's face went crimson as Sehun smirked.

 

 

"I had a great night tonight Kyungsoo. We should definitely do it again."

 

Kyungsoo scratched his head, "Really? We think our date was great? Even after I spilled food on myself and after I dropped our popcorn?"

 

"Even after all of that. Mistakes happen but I really enjoyed when you let yourself be comfortable around me. Sure, your mistakes were cute but when we talked without a care in the world, you were actually really charming. And cute. You were both."

 

"Ah, thank you." Kyungsoo awkwardly scratched the back of his nape.

 

Jongin looked at his watch and then back to Kyungsoo. "I have to be home in fifteen minutes because my mom wants me to wake up early tomorrow for some random thing she wants me to accompany her to. But before I go..."

 

Jongin leaned in to give Kyungsoo a kiss on the cheek when Kyungsoo moves his head ever so slightly so that Jongin's kiss lands on the corner of his mouth.

 

Kyungsoo brings his hands to cover his mouth in shock. "I'm so sorry, it thought you were going to kiss me on the lips so I tilted my head but you were aiming for my cheek and now I'm really embarrassed. I must of read the signs wrong. I'm sorry."

 

Jongin ruffled Kyungsoo hair before letting his hand rest on his cheek and leaning down to place a small kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. It was soft and chaste and Kyungsoo felt himself melting under Jongin's touch. He quite liked the feeling of the delievery boy's lips on his. It made him linger for a longer kiss.

 

"Don't apologize. I actually wanted to kiss the whole time we were out but I settled for now. And for the record, I was planning on kissing your lips but I wan't sure if you wanted me to or not so I went for your cheek instead. I'm glad you feel the same as me." Jongin cheekily grinned.

 

"I really like you and I had a great time Jongin."

 

"I'm glad. I don't mean to leave in a rush but I can already feel my phone buzzing with notifications probably from my mom about coming home. With her, it's never ending. So. I'll be heading out now. But I truly had a great time. I'll text you." He placed one more innocent kiss onto Kyungsoo's wanting lips before waving goodbye to the awestruck boy. 

 

 

"That is honestly really cute Kyungsoo. Like if I had to imagine how you kissed someone after a first date, that was it right there."

 

"It was really a great night. I hope he really does text me back." Kyungsoo dreamily states after describing his date with Jongin. He honestly still felt the butterflies in his stomach from earlier that night. It was just that sweet. Plus, he could still feel the sensation tingling in his toes from when Jongin kissed him. He already missed the delievery boy.

 

"Oh he already texted you." Sehun said, nonchalantly.

 

Kyungsoo shot up in confusion, "He what?"

 

"While you were telling your story, your phone lit up and I saw his name come up. But I didn't want to interrupt you because you seemed to lost in your precious story and it was just so heartwarming so I didn't say anything since you would've noticed it eventually."

 

Kyungsoo glared at Sehun before motioning him to the door, "Oh Sehun! You are dead to me! Out."