1/1

Slice of My Heart

Slice of My Heart

4.9k

I hope I did the prompt justice


 

Sometimes Kyungsoo regretted his life choices.

 

Tonight, for example, was one of those times. What should have been a relaxing calm night with his best friends, Sehun, Minseok, and Baekhyun, after a stressful week of school somehow managed to turn into a night filled of embarrassing prank calls and an equally embarrassing game of truth or dare.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t know if he’s friends with eighteen year-olds or five year-olds. Either way, they were acting way to childish for his liking. It was a mystery how they only lived to torment him with embarrassing deeds that would surely make his cheeks flush red. He should have just made friends with that student council kid when he asked to be friends in the second grade. Why did he insist that he already have three best friends at the time?

 

Right now, all Kyungsoo wants to do is crawl under a rock and hide. It was his fourth turn for  truth or dare and somehow Minseok, who he thought was the least jokester of the three and was probably his favorite (not anymore), dared him to do something that was so out of his comfort zone that he was ready to cry from the anxiety he was feeling. Minseok was usually the one to pacify him when Baekhyun and Sehun were causing a ruckus, but now the tables have turned the consoler turned into the one he needs to be consoled from. 

 

“Minseok, you can’t be serious. Please anything but that.” Kyungsoo pleaded, eyes looking back in forth between his other two friends asking for some kind of help. The other two seniors, however, seemed way too supportive of Minseok’s dare and egged Kyungsoo on. He glared hard at the two sitting across from him. It was just like them to go against Kyungsoo and everything he stood for.

 

Minseok only shrugged his shoulders, unapologetically. “No, Kyungsoo, you have to do it, I dared you. Besides, you know the rule. If you don’t comply with answering the truth or doing the dare, you have to let Sehun post an embarrassing picture of you on his Twitter account.”

 

The doe-eyed boy cursed under his breath. He forgot about the deal they made at the beginning of the night. Although in his defense, he wasn’t paying attention to his friends when they were making the rules. Not paying attention: another life choice he regretted. There was no backing out lest you wanted an ugly picture of you up on the internet for the world to see.

 

As he looks at his friends with a forlorn expression, he can’t help but question himself. Why would he let himself follow the three lunatics into their conquest of making him do embarrassing things, or in Baekhyun’s words “getting out there and being social.” Why couldn’t he have just stood his ground and demanded that they watch a movie instead of playing games? His life would have been a lot easier.

 

Being social was definitely not his forte and he had no desire to make more friends. Quite frankly, if he had to choose between being embarrassed in front of the people who would love him regardless of his shameful actions (and trust, they happen often) or his peers who make him feel uncomfortable in his own skin with their judging stares and disdained looks, it’s obvious who he was going to choose.

 

No dare was worth putting up an embarrassing photo of himself on Sehun’s Twitter account.

 

The deal was that if you didn’t answer completely or honestly what was asked of you, Sehun was allowed to post an embarrassing photo of you on his Twitter. In foresight, it doesn’t seem like posting a picture on some eighteen year-old’s Twitter account was a big deal, except for the fact that Sehun has about sixteen-thousand followers and counting. Thanks to his work with some famous dance company that shoots videos and post them online, he acquired about thirteen-thousand new followers within the span of two weeks. Most were fan girls who were dying to interact with him.

 

 

(Kyungsoo sneered at the taller boy when he found out. “You know those girls only like you because of your face, right?”

 

“Not only my face Kyungsoo. They like my dancing skills and my body too. Get your facts straight.”)

 

 

Needless to say, nobody was the least bit surprised that Sehun would have many followers after his appearances in those videos. To Kyungsoo, Sehun had the potential to be one of the popular kids at their high school, the ones that scare Kyungsoo, but Sehun had insisted that those people seemed fake and that he would much rather be with people he genuinely cared about and had a good time with.

 

Plus, with his new found followers, Sehun was able to talk to many people without having to actually meet them in real life. He was always a er for tweeting and retweeting and messaging and all that comes with the Twitter life.

 

So it would be horrible if those sixteen-thousand people saw an embarrassing picture of Kyungsoo, although he recalls Sehun boasting about a funny picture of them together getting like four-thousand retweets. An intentionally funny picture and an extremely unintentionally embarrassing picture were on different levels. He thinks his life would literally be over if a picture of him got out like that.

 

Since he and his friends were scared of being put on blast on Twitter, everyone had fulfilled their responsibilities of completing what was asked of them. Sometimes, they didn’t even question what was being asked of them and just did it. His three friends loved living on the dangerous side and always picked dare. But not Kyungsoo, nope, he liked being safe and always picked truth.

 

His friend’s constant and pestering had finally gotten him to cave and choose dare. His friends had been asking mild questions whenever he picked truth, so he figured choosing dare once wouldn’t be too bad. But boy was he wrong.  Minseok had started creepily laughing after the words left Kyungsoo’s mouth. Kyungsoo scooted over a bit towards Sehun to get away from a weird Minseok. But the movement didn’t faze Minseok as he finally stopped laughing and said his dare. Kyungsoo only widened his eyes at Minseok’s sinister request.

 

“But why me though? This dare would be much funnier if Baekhyun did it. He’s very sociable and outgoing so it would be an easy task. Or what about Sehun, he’s always complaining about not seeing enough cute guys at school. This would be suited better for him. Please don’t make me do it.” Kyungsoo contemplated getting on his knees and begging or even kissing Minseok’s feet if that’s what it took to not do the dare.

 

Minseok shook his head and reached over to take a drink of the water next to him, “Kyungsoo, why must you doubt me? This will help you work on your people skills. Besides, you only have to interact with the dude for like five minutes and then it’ll be over.”

 

Kyungsoo thinks Minseok’s dare is ridiculous and so outlandish that it might as well be its own species. Okay, so maybe he’s exaggerating a bit (actually a lot) but he can’t help it. He’s supposed to order a pizza for them online and then when it asks for a special request he was supposed to request the cutest delivery boy.

 

Doesn’t seem that bad, right? Wrong.

 

Not only does he have to request for the cute delivery boy, Sehun so kindly suggested that Kyungsoo flirt with him during the duration of his visit aka until he gets paid and has to leave for another delivery. Unfortunately for Sehun, Kyungsoo knows that that is not possible. He turns into a blubbering idiot in front of anyone not apart of his friends or family. It gets even worse in front of attractive people.

 

But it’s either this or an embarrassing photo. And Minseok knows that Kyungsoo would rather die than have an embarrassing photo on the internet. What other choice did the small boy have but too comply with his now ex-friend’s request.

 

Kyungsoo finally broke the silence with a groan, face buried in the palms of his hands, “Ugh fine. I’ll do it but I won’t like it.”

 

His three friends clap their hands in approval and excitement because finally they were going to be able to see their shy little Kyungsoo flirt with some guy. Kyungsoo may seem like a hot mess to other people but his friends knew the truth. He was just a cute awkward turtle trying to find his way through life without having to face public humiliation, something Kyungsoo describes as “the terrifying parts of life.”

 

Sehun jumped up from his seat on the floor and ran over to his room to grab his laptop to order the pizza. Kyungsoo sighed. His friends would make him do this. He knew they meant well, but sometimes he felt like he was going to die of some kind of stress-induced disease later on in life whenever he’s with them.

 

Once Sehun came back with the laptop in hand, he set in front of Kyungsoo as if to let him know he should start ordering their dinner.

 

Reluctantly, Kyungsoo brought the laptop closer to his folded legs and started searching for their usual pizza place’s website. For some reason, they had started this new special request service a few months back to attract more customers into ordering online. He can honestly say, after hearing some of his classmates’ stories about what they’ve requested in the past, the he feels deeply sorry for the delivery workers who have to fulfill the requests demanded of them. He vowed to never request something stupid of the pizza service to make life easier for them but here he was, breaking that vow.

 

Once the website was loaded on the screen, he put in their usual order of three large pepperoni and sausage pizzas, a side of breadsticks, and two large sodas. He stopped typing and contemplated on how he was going to ask for cute delivery boy.

 

Once he thought it through, he began typing again. In the special request box, he wrote ‘Please send your cutest delivery boy to deliver my order, preferably one interested in boys. If you can’t find one, it’s okay I understand since it’s such a bizarre request. Thank you for your time and for your service. Have a good day’ before showing it to his friends.

 

He thought it was polite and well-thought out. It was an appropriate way to ask for a cute pizza delivery boy and he had no qualms sending it. The message of what he wants gets across as well as the assumption that it would be okay if they didn’t fulfill his request. Kyungsoo thinks it’s a win-win type of message.

 

He sat back in content as he pushed the screen over to his friends.

 

The minute Baekhyun caught sight of Kyungsoo’s innocent and overly polite message, he scoffed and erased the whole thing. He sent a look to Minseok, who nodded in understanding. Minseok then reached over to hold Kyungsoo’s hands behind his back as the poor boy protested about the deletion of his request.

 

“Baek, why did you erase it? I was going to send it in,” he whined.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and started typing rapidly. “I can’t believe you even thought about sending that request. If you want something done, especially if you are paying, you have to be assertive.” The elder of the two stopped typing before reading his message over. Once he smiled in satisfaction he sent the message in. Minseok released Kyungsoo’s arms and tried to tidy up the clothes he wrinkled.

 

“There, it’s sent my dear boy. I don’t know why you are making such a fuss about this dare anyways, it’s not even bad. Sehun dared me to confess my feelings to stupid Park Chanyeol but you didn’t hear me complaining.”

 

“That’s different everyone knows you guys like each other so it wasn’t even that difficult for you. I, on the other hand, have to flirt with the delivery boy who is going to be here in like twenty minutes. What if he thinks I’m weird or something. Wait, Baekhyun what did you ended up typing?”

 

The mischievous grin adorning his already smug face scared Kyungsoo out of his wits. Just as he looked over to the laptop with their order still on the screen, Minseok and Sehun grabbed it out of his reach and read through the message. They immediately start laughing like hyenas after a minute of reading and rereading the message.

 

Their laughter only dampened poor Kyungsoo’s spirits. He needed to know what that annoying twit typed. It couldn’t be anything good if they were all laughing and high-fiving each other.

 

This was Kyungsoo’s chance to steal the laptop away from his annoying friends. He reached over once more and stole the laptop from Sehun’s loose grip and finally read the message himself. His felt his face heating at each word before throwing a pillow over at his friends, who were rolling around on the floor still dying of laughter and amusement.

 

“Are you serious Baekhyun? You put ‘Send the cutest delivery boy you have on staff. I’m having a bad day and cute boy could really cheer me up. Ask for Kyungsoo ;)’ Oh my god, my life is really over.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled loudly once more, “Soo, it sounds so much better when you are the one reading it out loud. It’s like you really typed that out and sent it to the pizza company.”

 

Kyungsoo ignored his friends and went to sulk on the couch. “I can’t believe you put a winky face at the end of the message. After this delivery, I can never show myself again to this place. I’ll have to find a new pizza place and they won’t have pizza as good as this one but at least I’ll be able to order from them without the fear of running into whoever the delivery boy is. I should’ve just let Sehun put an embarrassing picture of me online. The shame would be far less.”

 

Sehun walked over the curled up boy on the couch and patted his back gently. “Stop being a big baby. It’s all in good fun. I’ll let you dare me anything and I won’t complain at all. Scout’s honor.” He held up two fingers to honor his word before dragging Kyungsoo back down onto the floor with him.

 

“Okay. I’m sorry guys. I’m just like super awkward and stuff and ever since I puked in first grade during our rendition of ‘Peter Pan’ when everyone laughed at me, I’m scared that I’ll embarrass myself. Guys, it was traumatizing and I never want to relieve that moment again.”

 

“Kyungsoo, relax. You are just going to flirt with the pizza boy. Nothing else. We aren’t asking you to get a date out of him. Although, that would be amazing if you could…” Minseok elbowed Sehun in the ribs, “Oh sorry I was getting off track but anyways no one will know except us and the pizza boy, who to be honest has probably experienced far worse than this. It’s okay to be embarrassed Kyungsoo. It happens to everyone.”

 

Sehun sent a heartwarming smile towards his friend as if to comfort him. Kyungsoo only returned the smile with a scowl. He couldn’t believe he had to do this, he wished he had some type of leverage of Sehun so he knew how it feels to be greatly embarrassed. Just then, a great idea slipped into his mind. Slowly but surely, a smirk was beginning to form on Kyungsoo’s face.

 

“You’re right. And since you said I could dare you with anything without any complaints, I’ve decided that I want you to go on Twitter and post the ugliest picture you have of yourself and apologize to me publicly. You have to keep it up for a week before you can delete it.”

 

Sehun arched his eyebrow, “There is no such thing as an ugly picture of me. I always take good pictures.”

 

It was Kyungsoo’s turn to look smug, “Oh, you thought I meant a picture from your phone? No, no. I think we both know what picture I’m talking about. The candid shot that Minseok took from your dance performance last month.”

 

Baekhyun and Minseok, who had been looking back in forth between their friends, jumped in excitement.

 

“Whoa, revenge-seeking Kyungsoo is savage.” Baekhyun whispered to Minseok, who only nodded in agreement.

 

Sehun bit his lip and closed his eyes in discontent. He wanted to complain so badly but he promised Kyungsoo that he would take the dare without complaints and he was a man of his word. That dreadful picture that Minseok took would go on to haunt him for the rest of his life. He can’t believe is precious friend Kyungsoo would use that against him.

 

“What’s the matter, Sehun? It’s okay to be embarrassed. It happens to everyone.” By now Kyungsoo was already grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Nothing is wrong. I’ll post the picture before the end of the night.” Sehun bitterly said through his teeth. He would definitely lose some followers but if that’s what it took make Kyungsoo go through with this dare then so be it.

 

“Let’s just watch a movie now. I don’t want to play this game anymore.” Sehun said begrudgingly.

 

At that, Kyungsoo, Minseok, and Baekhyun all laughed but made their way to the couch anyways. Sehun moved toward the DVD player and put in Howl’s Moving Castle. It was their favorite movie so it seemed fitting to put on while they wait for their pizza.

 

Finally, Kyungsoo was getting what he wanted. Although, if he had it his way, this was what they would’ve been doing since they first got to Sehun’s house.

 

It was fifteen minutes into the movie when they heard the doorbell ring. Kyungsoo gulped as ‘the moment’ as he had been referring it to in his mind, approached. The only thing standing in between him and the cute delivery boy now was a door, a door he didn’t want to open. He didn’t want to stand up from the couch and froze in place instead.

 

His friends, however, looked excited beyond belief. Baekhyun nudged him to open the door as they followed behind him. Slowly, Kyungsoo stood up and started walking toward the door. But before he could open it he turned around, stopping his friends in their tracks.

 

“I can’t do this. I feel like I’m going to throw up. Baek, pretend to be me. Sehun, post an embarrassing picture of me or whatever. I can’t do this.”

 

Minseok rolled his eyes at his dramatic best friend, “Kyungsoo, you are eighteen years old and you haven’t even shown interest in a guy,” Just as the offended boy was about to speak up, Minseok stopped him with his hand, “Don’t even try to mention your interest in that weird kid back in freshman year. It lasted like two seconds before you heard him speak. So no, you are going to answer the door and flirt with the pizza boy. Now open the damn door.”

 

Kyungsoo looks taken aback at Minseok’s shout. “Fine but if something embarrassing happens, it’s all on your head.” He gently takes a deep breath and opens the door.

 

“Hello, I’m looking for uh…” the delivery boy looks down at the receipt in his hand, “Kyungsoo. I’m looking for a Kyungsoo.”

 

The doe-eyed boy’s mouth drops open. In front of him stood this incredibly good looking guy, who somehow looked amazing despite the stupid bright red uniform shirt and black pants he was required to wear.

 

The delivery boy was tall and lithe, to say the least. His face, probably carved by angels themselves, was impeccable. He had eye-catching eyes, pun intended, with a sharp nose and full lips that Kyungsoo would like to kiss the life out of, for scientific purposes of course. Not to mention, the sun-kissed skin he had, something else Kyungsoo lacked, that made him look incredibly y. He even made the stupid hat with a cartoon pizza on it look cute. When they requested, a cute delivery boy, the pizza shop certainly hadn’t let them down.

 

An awkward clear of the throat brought him back to reality. “Huh?”

 

The delivery boy chuckled, “I said I was looking for someone named Kyungsoo. I had special instructions for Kyungsoo.”

 

“O-oh that’s me, I’m Kyungsoo.”

 

The pizza boy smiled and scratched the back of his nape with his free hand not holding the pizza, “I was expecting Kyungsoo to be a girl. But this is fine, too. Honestly speaking, I was the only delivery boy working tonight so my manager sent me instead. Sorry I’m not the cutest delivery boy but I hope I can help you.”

 

Baekhyun, who looked like a fish out of water, whispered to Minseok, “If he isn’t the cutest delivery boy then who is?”

 

Minseok only nodded in silence before yelling out, “No, you are more than enough. How are you not the cutest delivery boy on staff? You’re like an eleven out of ten. There is no doubt that the manager got our request right.”

 

The delivery boy blushes at the compliments. “Ah I’m really not but thanks.”

 

Sehun nudges Kyungsoo to start his dare.

 

“B-but you really are a ten out ten. You are like a tw-twenty out of ten. Um what was your name?” Kyungsoo tried to look at his shirt for a name tag but couldn’t find one and only look up at the pizza’s boy face in agony. “Oh you have no name tag. That’s cool. I like a mysterious kind of guy.” He tried to set his hand out on the door frame in a cool manner, but ended up almost hitting his head on the doorframe due to his clammy hand almost slipping off it. He stood up straight and cleared his throat as if nothing embarrassing had just happened.

 

“My name is Jongin.” Jongin smiled to hold back his laughter.

 

“Jongin, that is such a pretty name for a pretty boy. Uh what brings you here?” Kyungsoo almost gags at his cringe worthy flirting. He knew he was bad but he didn’t think he was this bad. All the times he imagined what he would say in this kind of scenario went out the window. What sounded cool in his head did not translate well when he spoke the words aloud.  

 

Jongin only points at the pizza in his hand when responding to Kyungsoo’s question. Once Kyungsoo realizes this he mentally face palmed. Of course he was there to deliver the pizza…he’s the freaking cute delivery boy they requested in the first place. The blush on his cheeks was evidence of his embarrassment. He hoped Jongin doesn’t take notice.

 

All the while, Baekhyun, Minseok, and Sehun were watching the scene from behind Kyungsoo. Minseok kind of regretted daring Kyungsoo to do this task because now he felt bad for his friend. This was downright embarrassing. So embarrassing that Minseok thinks he has to look away to prevent himself from feeling awkward. He knows Baekhyun and Sehun are feeling the same way. He nudges Baekhyun to say something.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo, we are going to get the money to pay for the pizza. Just keep Jongin entertained until we come back.” With that all three of his friends—traitors—scurried out of the room. Kyungsoo watches their retreating backs with a frown on his face. How was he going to face this situation alone? He needed the moral support from his friends.

 

Kyungsoo turned back around to face Jongin’s staring eyes with a small smile.

 

“So, uh, do you come here often? On no wait, of course you don’t, I hardly order pizza. Um are you from around here. No wait, of course you are otherwise you wouldn’t work here. Um, do you go to school at Seoul High too? Uhh-yeah that’s wh-what I wanted to ask.”

 

Jongin let out a soft chuckle, “I only work on Saturdays and yes I live around here. Not too far from here actually. As for your last question, no I go actually go to Hanlim High on the other side of town.”

 

“O-oh. That’s good. Do you li-like working at a pizza joint?”

 

“It’s okay. I just wanted to make some money really. So this will do while I finish high school.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and scratched his head. He released a sigh. “Um honestly, I doing this as a dare because my friends are ruthless and I’m so awkward that I can’t even flirt right and you probably think I’m super weird because you thought I was going to be a girl but I’m not, my body parts say so. Oh no, I shouldn’t have said that but uh yeah let me go see where my friends are.” Just as Kyungsoo turns around to go back inside, a hand gently grabs his arm.

 

“Kyungsoo relax, it’s okay. It’s cute, you’re cute.”

 

The doe-eyed boy looks up with wide eyes before looking down at the floor, heating rising up in his cheeks. “I-I okay. I’m sorry.”

 

“How about this, since you can’t flirt with me, I’ll flirt with you.”

 

Kyungsoo looks up in surprise.

 

“You’re eyes are so distracting, it makes you look so innocent and your lips are just so luscious I had to stop myself from staring too much at them. When you stutter, it’s so endearing that I just want to tuck you into bed and cuddle. Your voice is so smooth and calming, I just want to hear you talk all day. Not to mention, your face is a piece of art worth a million bucks. I just had to ask, what are you doing next week?” A grin adorned Jongin’s perfectly chiseled face.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know how to respond. No one has ever said such things to him before but he kind of liked it, especially since Jongin was the one to say it.

 

“Uh uh, I’ll have to check my schedule to see if I’m free.” A flying pillow then hit Kyungsoo square in the head. Kyungsoo turned his head to give the pillow-throwing perpetrator a hard glare when he was met with nothing but wall. His so-called friends must have gone back into hiding. “Uh, actually, I mean yeah I’m free. Why do you ask?”

 

Jongin tried to peek in the house before shaking off his curiosity. “What do you say we go out and grab a bite to eat and then maybe watch movie or something?”

 

“L-like a date?”

 

Jongin leaned in closer and whispered in Kyungsoo’s ear. “Exactly like a date. Let me write down my number while you go get friends.”

 

Kyungsoo shyly nodded and walked back into the house. He knew his friends had to be around somewhere otherwise he wouldn’t have been hit in the head with a pillow.

 

He found his friends sitting in the hallway just outside of the living room, guiltily smiling as if they had just been found with their hand in a cookie jar. Kyungsoo crossed his arms and tapped his foot, impatiently.

 

“Oh Kyungsoo, back so soon? We were just, uh, sitting here talking about school. Um, I guess we should go pay the pizza boy so that he can leave.” As Baekhyun and the other guys stand up to walk back out into the living room, Kyungsoo blocks them.

 

“I know you guys were eavesdropping. I hope you’re happy. I completely embarrassed myself in front of that beautiful creature.”

 

Baekhyun uncomfortably laughed. “I mean yeah you did embarrass yourself, like really bad but you got a date out of it right? That guy was so smooth even I was ready to embarrass myself just to elicit that kind of reaction from him.”

 

Minseok agreed, “Yeah. That guy was good. Aren’t you glad I dared you to do this?”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Stop up to me. Sehun, just pay him. And tip him good.”

 

Sehun groaned from behind Minseok, “Fine, but I won’t like it.”

 

The four friends made their way back to the door to pay Jongin. Sehun’s hand reached out to pay Jongin as Baekhyun grabbed the pizzas and Minseok the sodas. After all was done, Kyungsoo’s friends went to the kitchen to drop off the stuff, leaving Jongin and Kyungsoo alone again.

 

“I’ll see you next week Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo only nodded his head with an embarrassed smile.

 

“Great. I can’t wait. I left my number on the back of your receipt so don’t lose it.” Jongin starts walking down the porch before turning around midway, “Oh and Kyungsoo, I’ll be sure to tell my boss that I fulfilled the request of cheering you up.” Jongin winked and waved goodbye. Kyungsoo almost melted.

 

Once Jongin was out of sight, Kyungsoo shut the door behind him and rested against it. That was probably the most stressful pizza delivery that has ever happened to him. But he got a hot date out of it so he can’t really complain. In a moment of weakness, Kyungsoo finally spazzes to himself and does a happy dance, excited for his date the following week.

 

Sehun chooses that moment to walk in with a slice of pizza hanging from his mouth. “See I told you it wasn’t going to be bad.”

 

Kyungsoo walks past him in a daze. "Whatever. Make sure you post that ugly picture of you and the apology to me up tonight."

 

The pizza slice fell out of Sehun's mouth as he complained. "Aw, I thought you had forgotten about that after everything that happened."

 

"Not even close Sehun."

 


Author's Note: I quite like this AU so I might keep writing drabbles/one-shots about it in the future (for now, it'll be marked complete though). Any suggestions? :)

(Check out some of @kaisooprompts 's prompts! They are awesome)