08: How to Make an Entrance

THE DATING GAME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chanhee's Point Of View]

"Ok. So did you wear the white cotton shirt with the collar and the black jeans that I told you to wear?" Byunghun ped his bulky jacket to reveal the clothes we had selected yesterday. He was also wearing the black shoes that we had bought. "Great. Now put this jacket on." I passed him my jacket that was slung over my arm as he handed me his. He slipped it on and started zipping it up. "No wait. Leave the jacket open. I looks better." He ped the jacket again as I fixed his collar. My jacket was a perfect fit. It looked really classy on him. It was perfect for such an occasion. Today was the day it officially started. From now on, the both of us were going to completely reinvent Byunghun.

Byunghun was actually surprisingly cooperative. He did everything I told him to do. He styled his hair the way I had taught him and had worn the clothes I picked. Satisfied with my fine work I smirked as I added final touches to his hair and clothes. "You look great. You'll blow them away, I'm sure. Let's just go through the walking again." Byunghun stepped back a few steps and took the pose that I had just taught him. He places his hands in his pockets, pushed his shoulders back and lifted his head slightly. He took his first step. I had to credit him for being a quick learner. Either that or he was a natural at this. "It'll be easier if you remember that you need to keep a confident attitude. Look people directly in the eye and don't forget to smile. Unless you want to be the quiet mysterious type."

"Don't you think that would suit me more?"

"We'll work on it then. Just keep the confident attitude for now." He returned to my side after practicing walking a few circles around the roof top. "I think you're ready. Let's go. Remember that I will be walking in after you. People will definitely be shocked if they recognize you but try to keep calm and unaffected. If they greet you just give a short reply, a small wave or a nod. Understand?"

"Yes."

"Let's do it then." I opened the door for him. "After you." He stepped into the bright stair way and was greeted by a few turns heads. We were on the third floor which was the floor for first years. Since Byunghun was a new third year student, I didn't expect many of the first year students to recognize him. As he began descending the stairs to the first floor for the third year students, I came out and trailed behind him. When we reached the first floor, I heard a few gasps. 

Here we go. Let's see how this plays out.

Byunghun was walking the way I had instructed him to, causing many girls to swoon slightly. I tried to keep a safe distance so that I wouldn't steal his attention. He was handling the extra attention perfectly.
 
"Is that Byunghun? The quiet stuttering one in our class?" A girl whispered to her friend. 

"No way!! Since when did he have blonde hair?"

"He looks so hot all of a sudden!!"

I smiled at the success. Not only were the girls staring but the guys were also staring open eyed in bewilderment. As I entered the classroom, he had already taken his seat and was nonchalantly unpacking his bag. He peered up as I coughed to catch his attention. I gave him a subtle thumbs up as I sauntered past and he replied with a serious nod. Sitting down in my seat, some of the guys came over my desk as the girls continued whispering and gathering around Byunghun. 

"Wow. Who knew that Byunghun guy could look like that?"

"Yea. He looks like an entirely different person."

"He looks good though doesn't he?" I asked them.

"He does. He's just going to be more competition for us to get the girls. Look. They're all over him already. It's been what, thirty seconds since he got here?"

"You better watch out Chunji, 'cause he might steal your limelight."

The three of us chuckled at the comment. If the guys thought he was competition, then it was probably a good sign that our plans were working. I just hope he can handle it because it was only going to be more difficult from here on out.

+++++++++

[Byunghun's Point of View]

I wiggled around in my new clothing, trying to get accustomed to wearing tighter clothes. It was just a sacrifice I was going to have to make. When I came up with the Game, I was fully aware of what lengths I would probably need to go to. Chunji, or should I say Chanhee, wasn't turning out to be a complete waste of time and energy. He was rather useful in a sense. He wasn't half bad though I did judge him a little for dragging me into such an expensive high class clothing store like Burberry. Still I couldn't deny that he was good at what he does. I was also trying to grow accustomed to all the extra female attention. They would all try to talk to me and I would try to talk back but I was still rather awkward and trembling. 

Moonchul comes bounding into the classroom as happy and frivolous as always. He chucked his bag into his desk and pushed through the herd of girls. He jumped onto me, grabbing my shoulders. His usual wide grin dropped when he realized the changes. 

"Hey!" His smile drops a little. "Wow! You look... different?"

"Thanks? Do you think I look bad?"

"No! Of course not! You look great! I just didn't expect... this." He pointed at my hair and clothes. "What made you do it? Didn't you say you disliked people who dressed like this?" He looked at me sceptically.

I really wanted to tell Moonchul everything but I made it that we weren't allowed to tell anyone else about the Game. I had to come up with a good excuse.

"I just felt like it was time for a change and it just sort of turned out this way. I was worried that it wouldn’t work out."

"If you say so. Well it looks good." He smiled for he returned and sat down at his own desk.

As Moonchul and I were chatting, I noticed the girls giving us some weird looks. They slowly dispersed back to their relative classrooms and desks. It was almost like it was Moonchul who drove them away. I didn't really think much about it though. I simply brushed it off as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter