Chapter 1

The Fight Between Bloodlines

"UNNIE!!!" 

Ugh.... 

"WAKE UP UNNIE!!" 

I shut my eyes even tighter and hid my head under my pillow, not wanting to be bothered by the annoying little devil sister of mine.

"Shut up.." I mumbled.

"If you don't wake up then I'll use the cucumbers!"

I shivered at the thought of the nasty long green things. 

"I mean it Unnie!!"

I quickly sat up, glaring at Krystal who was having an annoying smile on her face.

"Finally you woke up, now quick get up or we'll get late to school!!" She said, which surprised me very very much. I never ever thought that Krystal would give a care about coming late to school. Actually I never thought that the word 'school' would come out as a positive thing out from her own mouth. The only reason why she even attended school was probably because she didn't want to be alone at home, dying of boredom. Actually I didn't really give that much of a care about school either. I only went to school because my best friend is there.

"Since when did you ever care about going to school? And how are we late, it's like 6 am!" I said looking at the digital clock on my night table, sitting at my bed's edge.

"Ever since the council announced that today was the day that students will be attending the ATC (Azrael Training Camp)" 

"Really... Wait what? Today? It's beginning today? Like right now?" I was suddenly feeling more awake than ever. 

"Uhm yes, Duuh. Don't tell me you didn't hear all the talk about it around school for the last 5 days and the teachers announcing it?" She said, looking at me unbelievable.

"No, I did not. Why would focus on things like that, when I could just sleep. Besides I knew that you would know when the ATC have started, so why bothering remembering it myself" I said. Krystal rolled her eyes.

"All you ever think about is sleeping. Well anyway, quickly get up! We don't want to be late to this!" She said and rushed out of my room to, who knows where. 

I sighed, laying down on my bed again. Then my lips curved up in a small smile. 
Finally. That was the first thought that came up, yes finally. I've been waiting a really long time for this opportunity. Now that the ATC has finally come, I can finally prove to not only the really annoying students at my school, but also my father, that I'm much more than just a sleeping ice princess— although I do admit that I also am that. I just have to get through this training and become at least a Warden. The ATC is for anyone over 16 years old, I'm 18. I've already been trying to attend the ATC once before, but because my dad insisted that I should at least be 18 to attend the 'too hard for me' training, and that I should bring Krystal, who just recently turned 16, with me too,so we could look after each other in training.

For people who don't know, even some people who do know me, it will be a surprise that I, the lazy girl, would want to attend such thing as the ATC. The ATC, which means serious hard training, something that would not be expected from me.  My dream as a child was actually to be a Guardian, fighting against the Zagan clan. One of the reasons why I wanted to a Guardian was because my dad was a Guardian. Well he still is, he's just not as active as before. But that was my dream when I was child, my goal now is a bit different. I just want to prove that I'm capable of fighting, that I can be independent. And the ATC is definitely a good way to prove it.

I stood up, taking my school uniform on, I then brushed my teeths, washed my face and then at last brushed my hair and went downstairs. A scent of freshly baked bread blended with bacon was welcoming me as I walked towards the dining table. I sat down at my usual seat, beside Krystal and across dad.

"You're first down now?! Quickly eat Unnie! I don't wanna get late because of you!" Krystal said, filling with almost a whole piece of bread chewing really fast.

"Now, now. Don't choke yourself Krystal" Dad said, taking a sip of his coffee. "They will first be accepting attendants at 8 am and it will close 9.30 am. You still have 45 minutes before it begins, so just take it slowly"

"I know dad, but it's better to be earlier than late." Krystal said, full with food.

"Says the one who always get late" I mumbled, taking a piece of bread and put bacon on it.

"Yah, don't act like you don't always get late!" 

"At least I won't get caught being late"

"Uhm yeah, because you're always laying on your table like a dead person, so no one actually notice you." 

"What, can't I? Besides you-"

"Now you two, stop fighting. Let's just enjoy this meal together. I won't be able to see you two for maybe weeks, it's breaking my heart. Knowing that you two will get harsh training, while I just sit home" Dad said dramatically, holding onto his heart.

"Hahaha, you're so funny dad" Krystal said, with much sarcasm "You're probably all happy about us two gone so you can enjoy your little vacation for yourself" 

"Now, that sounds pretty true to my ears too. But I'm going to miss you two brats" 

"It's probably only a few weeks dad, don't make it seem like we're never going to see each other anymore" I said, taking a bite of my bacon sandwich.

"I know, I know." He chuckled. "Now, eat more. From my experience there were not that much of good food in the ATC. Like seriously, I almost starved myself because I refused to eat the food there, but in the end my hunger won over me" Dad said.

"Got it" 

~~~~

"Aish, come on Unnie! You're too slow!" Krystal said, dragging me with her to the school ground. It was there where all students were told to meet up, well at least Krystal stated so. 

We soon arrived at the school ground where many many students were, well those over 16 that could attend were there. There was sat up a small scene where a microphone was, and the school's principal was standing in front of it. Not long away from the microphone on the scene, was a table with stacks of papers on it.

"Oi! Sica! Krys!" I heard a very familiar voice say. Because of my awesome reflexes I dodged the giant as she landed on the ground in an attempt to tackle me.

"Ouch.... Why did you move, I was just going to hug you.." She said, standing up rubbing her . 

"Yeah, and tackle me to the ground." 

"What's wrong with that, isn't that what always happens in those romantic novels? That the romantic princess gives the prince, whom he haven't seen in a long time, a big hug that ended up with them falling?" 

"Don't ask Unnie, she never reads" Krystal said.

"True"

I sighed at my annoying little devil sister and the giant best friend of mine. Me and Sooyoung have been best friends ever since I still couldn't walk. Her dad and my dad are pretty good friends, so we knew each other that way. She's like my sister from another mother, even though sometimes, many times, can be annoying I still care about her and she understands and accept me for whoever I am, I too accepts her, which I'm so grateful for. 

"Can I get your attention please" A voice coming from the speakers sat up said. It was the principal. Everyone now had their attention at the principal.

"Good morning everyone, I'm sure you all had been really excited for today. I as your principal is indeed also excited, I want to say really good luck to all of you and make a name for GwangJi School. Hopefully you will all return with a good experience. Now I'll let Mr. Choi take over" Our principal said. We all clapped for the principal — I didn't really.

A guy came up on the scene, in front of the microphone. I knew he was from the ACO (Azrael Clan Order) since he had the official uniform on, which consisted of a white shirt with the ACO mark on, black trousers and a black coat. On the back of his coat was the blue ACO mark on, meaning that he was a Commander.

"Hello everyone. I'm Choi Siwon, one of the instructors for the Azrael Training Camp. For now I can't tell you about the ATC, so you have to consider if you wanna attend or not. From now on you have 1 and a half hour to decide what you want. You just need to sign one of these papers and put it into this box then you're officially an attendant. If you don't wanna attend then please leave" He said, pointing at the stack of papers on the table and the big box beside the table. "Please sign it one at a time, the time is beginning from.. Now on" He said as he looked at his watch. About half of the students had already made a queue up to the table of papers.

"What are you waiting for Unnie, come!" Krytal said.

"Yah Krystal are we sure about this, Soo you too. You don't need to do it just because we do" I said.

"I'm not only doing it because of you two. It's every Commoners dream to be a member of the Azrael Clan Order" Sooyoung said.

"Yeah, besides why are you holding back now Unnie. Wasn't it you who was saying all that stuff about proving that you're not just a lazy girl, which you also are" Krystal said. Honestly, I didn't really know why I hesitated. Maybe the thought of not knowing what will happen in the Camp. Or maybe I'm just not ready. Aish, what the heck! It's not like I will fail this camp! I then walked with confident steps over to the queue, Krystal and Sooyoung following me. 

The queue was moving really quickly and now it was my turn. I walked over to the table with heavy steps. I looked at the paper.

Name:
Age:
Finger print:

I had expected it to be longer. I took the ballpoint pen and wrote down my name, age and then marked my fingerprint with the red fingerprint powder

I then put the paper into the box and walked down from the stage. After a while Krystal and Sooyoung came over to me.

"Well.... Now there's no turning back" Sooyoung said. 

~~~~~

"The time have gone now" Siwon said as he took away the box with the papers in. "If you will excuse me for a moment" He said. He then jumped down from the scene and put down the box of papers on the ground. He then touched the ground not long away from the box, and suddenly a big flame came out of nowhere. He then took a few steps back and threw the box in the fire. We all looked confused at him. There didn't happen anything for a while, until the flame suddenly became really big and then vanished.

What? It just vanished? Is that it?

Suddenly I felt a pain on my left wrist, like I was getting burned. I looked at it and there soon appeared some random numbers on it. 456 was written on my wrist. I looked beside me at Krystal and Sooyoung who were also looking at their wrist, actually everyone was.

"Those of you who have numbers written on your wrist, follow me" Siwon said.  We, as in Krystal, Sooyoung and me, followed him together with all the the other students. I couldn't really see where we were going, since all the people blocked my sight of him, but I just followed them. 

We soon stopped up and was in some kind of parking place. Honestly I don't even know, we had been walking for a long time and I totally lost my sense of direction. And I was tired. Wanting to hit someone.

"Very well, now we just have to wait for the busses to arrive" Siwon, who was standing on top of a car, don't know when and how he got up there, with a speaker.
"In the mean time I'll tell you a bit about this Training Camp. This will last for 1 month and 1 week. In the first week you will be tested in your physical and mental strength. Second, third and fourth week your Sacred powers will be tested and improved. And then the last week you'll be sent out to a mission. That's all I can reveal, you'll get to know more when we arrive at the camp. For now let's wait for the busses" He said. Soon talk was going all over the place, and a lots of excited screams were heard.

"I can't believe it's finally happening!" Krystal screamed excitedly in my ear. I pushed her face away from me. 

"Don't freaking scream into my ear!" I glared at her. She just stuck her tongue out at me. 

"I'm Sooo hungry...." Sooyoung, who was looking like she could die, said. "Don't you have any food Sica?" She asked.

"No, why would I."

"Ugggh.... Why didn't I take snacks with me..." She talked to herself. I'm not surprised that she's hungry, actually there's not a time on the day that she's not hungry. She even sleep talks about food. 

The busses soon arrived, there was a total of 10 busses enough for about 30 students in each bus. I was sitting in the middle of Sooyoung and Krystal at the back seats. I didn't know how long this ride would last, nor did I have any idea of where we were going. I just knew that we were going to a training camp, and that it meant harsh training. And for once I felt the thrill of this trip.

 

 

A/N: Was this chapter too short? Or is the length suitable? I'm curious. Anyways, hope you liked this chapter and I hope it wasn't a fail. Yoonsic interaction will hopefully come next chapter (⊙ω⊙)

- Sky. C. J