Chapter 3

The Fight Between Bloodlines

"Meet me outside the entrance at exactly 8 am" Yoona said and walked out. I laid down on my bed as soon as she walked out, tired and annoyed. Yoona had come in and woken us up, giving us some clothes. It's only 7.30 am!! I need my sleep!

"Well, we should change now and get there in a good time then" Taeyeon said. 

"Yeah, we should" Bora said.

"Ugh.... I don't wanna" I mumbled, trying to fall asleep again.

"Jessica, you need to change too. You don't wanna be late, remember yesterday when she scold you" Taeyeon said, I guess she was trying to be more responsible and leader like, since she was the leader of the team now.

But I was stubborn "you guys just go, I'll come later"

"Come on, the tiredness will probably go away when you move around a bit" Taeyeon said, also stubborn.

"Well, we're done changing now" Hyoyeon said, I glanced at them and saw them all changed in the clothes, which was a green t shirt and white shorts.

"Unnies... There's only about 6 minutes left...." Seohyun said quietly.

"You guys go first, I'll wait for Jessica" Taeyeon said.

"You sure? We can wait-"

"It's better if you're there in good time, now hurry up" Taeyeon interrupted Bora. They looked at me and Taeyeon before finally going out.

"You don't need to wait for me"

"Well, as your leader I'm responsible for you all. Now, come on a change" she gave me my set of clothes and I lazily took them. Damn you Kim Taeyeon.... I'm only doing it because you waited for me...


Yoona's POV

"Why are you the only ones here" I asked the three, they all looked down at the ground avoiding my look. "Where's Jung and Kim, answer me" I demanded.

"U-Uhm... J-Jessica wa-"

"Lift you head up when you're talking to me" I said.

"Y-Yes. Jessica was tired... but she'll definitely come soon..." The girl, Bora, answered.

"What about your leader, Kim?"

"T-Taeyeon is waiting for her...." The girl, Hyoyeon, answered me. I looked at them all three, they were sincere.

"Follow me" I said, walking towards the sports ground. 

We arrived and I send them out to run rounds around the running track until Jung and their leader arrives here. In the meantime I send a message to their leader to come here and also observing the three running around. 

~~~~

Jessica's POV

We were running, or well Taeyeon was, towards the sports ground that we wouldn't have found if it wasn't because of the map we got. We finally arrived, seeing Bora, Seohyun and Hyoyeon running around the running track, looking exhausted. 

"You three can stop now" Yoona who was standing not a along way from us said. Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Bora imediatly sat down in the ground when they heard that, panting after air. Yoona was now walking towards me and Taeyeon, having her ever so cold look.

"Kim, tell me what time it is" She demanded.

"It's 9.13 am" Taeyeon said. I could tell that she was trying to keep calm and not seem weak, but the worrisome and slightly scared look in her eyes gave it all away.

"When did I tell you to arrive here?"

"8 am" 

"You know when you were supposed to be here, yet you came 73 minutes late. This is not how a leader should be like."

"Hey, it wasn't Taeyeon's fault! She waited for me because I was just too lazy to get up and change. It's my fault" I said.

"Don't interfere Jung. I'll talk with you afterwards" She said, sending me a deathly glare, she then looked back at Taeyeon.

"You waited for Jung?"

".... Yes"

"Why did you wait? As a leader you should be more strict with your teammates, if you were, this situation would not have happened now"

"I... I'm sorry, I'll remember this to next time"

"Next time? You're telling me that there will be a next time of this situation"

"No" 

"I can't hear you. Say it with confidence, you sound too unsure"

"No! There won't be another time where I'll be irresponsible!"

Yoona then looked at me "Jung, by slacking off and not listening to my demands will cause your teammates suffering too. Remember that."

"Why? You can just punish me, it's not their fault anyway!" 

"I can't punish just one person of a team. You're called a team for a reason. Now, you two go run 20 rounds around the track, no break. And you three take a quick 2 minutes break and run around until Jung and your leader are done. You have 45 minutes. The time starts from now on" she then walked over to a bench, sitting there.

I was holding my hands into a fist, angry and guilty. 

"Jessica, it's not your fault. Don't worry" Taeyeon said, sending me a small smile "Now let's run before we get on her nerves again" She said beginning to run. I ran after her.

Yoona's POV

"Weren't you too unfair Yoongie?" 

I looked at Tiffany who appeared beside me out of nowhere. "Don't just come up at me like that, where's your team?"

"Ah, they're running around the ATC for 1 round, I'm testing how long it will take them. But well, don't avoid my question!"

"And you call me unfair, do you know how big this camp is... To answer your question No. I don't think I'm unfair. It's called discipline"

"Well, you could have just punished the girl who caused this trouble right?"

"I'm punishing the whole team to make her feel guilty about what she did, although not too guilty, that way she'll learn that no matter what she does, the whole team are gonna pay. This will most likely also affect their leader."

"Well... Never thought of it that way, as expected for Yoongie!"

"Now, go and focus on your team. Isn't the tall one from your team?"

"Well, then see you Yoongie!" She said and headed towards the tall girl from her team. 

I was observing my team, writing down every thing I noticed about them. Jung and Kim had just finished 20 rounds so I stopped them all for running and they sat down on the ground, exhausted.

"I'll give you 30 seconds of break and you're gonna warm up a bit more. From now on" I noticed the Jung glaring at me, although it didn't affect me. "Good, 30 seconds have gone. Now make 20 push-ups each, 20 sit-ups, then 20 jumping jacks" they all groaned but did as I said. After they finally did the warm up I let them rest for 2 minutes more.

"Now, I want you all to play cops and robbers"

"Cops and Robbers?" 

"Yes, you're allowed to use half of the ATC, from the gate to the central, although you can't walk insides the buildings. There's no time limit, you just have to return here when you're finished. I can measure where you are in my watch, so don't even think of slacking off. You two Kim's are the cops, Seo, Yoon and Jung, you're the robbers take this game seriously. You may begin now" the robbers then left and ran away while the two Kim's were running after them.

~~~~

Jessica's POV

In the end my legs gave in after too much exhaustion and I got caught by Bora. 

Oh god, I'm so freaking tired. We've been playing this stupid game for about 4 hours, and we're finally done. Me and Bora headed back to the sports ground, finding Taeyeon, Seohyun and Hyoyeon there too. We all sat down on the bench where Yoona was sitting too. 

"You can rest for now or take a shower in the gym nearby, whatever you want. Be back here in 1 hour. There are clothes you can change into over there" She said, writing down something on her notebook. We all decided to take a bath, so we walked to the gym. I was surprised to see Sooyoung and Krystal there too, with their teammates I guess.

"Oh Unnie!" She ran over to me, smiling, but it turned into a big frown. "I would've hugged you if it wasn't because how badly you smell of sweat"

"Blame my instructor"

"Yo Sica!" Sooyoung came running too. "You smell.."

"I don't need to get reminded of the same thing two times"

"Oh right! Let me introduce you to our teammates! Guys come here!!" Sooyoung yelled, and soon 3 other girls came.

"Sica this is Sunny, Victoria and Amber, and this is Jessica guys, my bestie and Krys' sister" they all bowed to me, greeting me, I did as well.

"Well.... Sorry, but I have to go take a bath... Because, well look at me" I excused myself, and quickly got inside the dressing rooms where there were showers too and took a quick shower. I then changed to the clothes I took from a closet where there was a sign that said 'Towels and new clothes here'. I was going to go back to Krystal and Sooyoung to chat with them, but they were warming up to something too so I just walked back to the sports ground. I silently sat down at the opposite of Yoona. She just glanced at me before looking back in her notebook.

"..... Sorry......." I whisperd, but she somehow heard my almost non-existent whisper. Oh gosh, how I hated apologizing to her.

"Sorry for what?"

"... For causing trouble....." 

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to your teammates. But well, I accept your apology. But remember that if you ever cause trouble, it'll not only affect you but your teammates"

"..... I.... Understand"

"Here take this" she then threw a bottle of water to me. 

"I don't want to go through all the trouble of you getting dehydrated"

".... Thanks" I was surprised at her kind little action. At least she does have some human in her. I drank the whole bottle of water in one swift gulp, feeling much better after.

The other soon arrived and Yoona stood up in front of us, looking at her notebook.

"I've observed your stamina, strength, speed and etc. today. And well.... There's a lot to work on. Leader Kim, your speed and stamina isn't that good, so we need to find a way to improve that, although your strength is high. Seo, your speed and strength is average, but it won't take long to improve that, your stamina is pretty impressive. Kim, your speed and strength is pretty fine, especially your speed, although your stamina is something that we should work on. Yoon, you are above average in both, speed, strength and stamina, good job. Jung, I'm not that impressed, we need to work on everything. You are free to go now, be back in her room at 9 pm." 

~~~~

"Ugh.... I'm exhausted"

"Me too" Hyoyeon said. We were in the cafeteria, getting us something to eat after that long session of torture. If it wasn't because of how hungry I was, I would've never even have touched the gross food.

"Well, we us selves chose to take the part of become something other than commoners right" Bora said, having a tired look in her eyes.

"Well yeah, it's really exhausting and we've only been here for not even 2 days, but I don't regret taking this decision either." Taeyeon said.

"Me neither" I said.

"Why did you guys choose to join this? Just curious" Hyoyeon asked

"Well, for me it's just because I have a dad who expects a lot of me, but it's not entirely because of him. I myself want to be something other than a commoner" Bora said.

"I.... Have someone to face. But I have no right to do that before I become at least a guardian" Taeyeon said. 

"I guess I just don't wanna be looked down upon" I said.

"I... I've wanted to join this ever since I was little...." Seohyun said quietly.

"I see.... I'm following a family tradition I guess..." Hyoyeon said. 

For a moment we were all silent, I was looking back at the time I finally decided to take on the challenge and join this. At that time I was very worried and kept asking myself questions like 'Is this the right decision?' 'Will I regret doing this?' 'What if I regret not doing so' and so on. But now I'm pretty sure that I took the right decision. Even if I did regret doing it, I can't turn back, I don't want to end up with my body parts in the river where crocodiles eats me like those who tried to escape.
But that won't happen, cause I've already made my decision. I'll get over with this and finally live in ease!

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Oh my gosh.... This chapter look so crappy (my opinion) Did this chapter even make sense? ◉‿◉   if you have any questions or tips for me then you're welcome to do so :)

SO EXCITED FOR FANY'S AND SICA'S SOLO'S!!

Fighting Sica and Fany! I'll support you both, cause I can't (and won't ever) choose a side!

-Sky. C. J.