Chapter 2

The Fight Between Bloodlines

 

Huh... The sky?

 I sat up finding myself sitting on grass. 

Where am I?

I looked around the place, it was a big place with only grass and flowers. This place seems familiar somehow. I slowly stood up, getting a better look of this place. The place had a nice feel to it, a very peaceful and comfortable feel to it. The way the wind brushed my face gently, the sweet sound of the birds singing, the warmness from the rising sun, every thing just seemed so... so right. 

Suddenly a girl was in front of me. I would say she was about 9, considering her height. She was looking directly in my eyes, her eyes were mesmerizing, it was like staring into the night sky filled with stars. She was moving , smiling, but no sound came out. She suddenly held my hand, smiling at me. She then began dragging me with her, and she walked faster, and faster, and faster. I was still holding onto her small hand, keeping up with her fast pace. It felt like we ran for an eternity, yet it felt like we didn't even move a step, since no matter how much we ran and ran the place looked the same, never once had it changed there was still flowers and green grass. Then she suddenly stopped up. She turned towards me, and tears were visible in her eyes. Rolling down her cheeks. Yet, she was still smiling. The whole scene became very intimidating for some reason. I held my breath, backing away from her. I don't know why, but I ran, I ran with all I got, I don't know where. Just away from this place, away from her....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ba-dum Ba-dum Ba-dum

 

I was sweating, trying to catch my breath and eventually did. 

It was just a dream... 

I was relieved. I looked at Sooyoung who was sleeping, mumbling about food again. Krystal was asleep too. Actually everyone in the bus was probably asleep, well of course not the chauffeur. I looked out from the window, it was night. The stars were very visible in the clear night sky. 

It looks like her eyes.... That was really a weird dream, well every dream is weird I guess. I wonder when we'll arrive at the Camp... 

I guessed that we've been driving for about 16 hours or so since it was already this dark outside, so it should be 10 pm or so. I yawned, feeling my eyes getting heavier and heavier.

~~~~~

"Sica, wake up" I heard Sooyoung, who was shaking me, say. I groaned, glaring at her, but just let it pass by and walked out of the bus with them. The sun was blinding me as I stepped out of the bus, but as I got used to the sun I could see properly again. We were in front of some kind of bridge that lead to a big Forrest I guess. 

"Looks like everyone is out of the bus now. Everybody we can't take the bus anymore since the bridge isn't stable enough for a bus to cross, so we're going to walk the rest of the way." Siwon said as he walked forward, over the bridge. Me, Sooyoung and Krystal was following just behind him. I thought the bridge wouldn't hold us since we're like 150 people and it was made out of wooden, but no, it was pretty stable.

I took a look down from the bridge, but regretted doing so almost immediately. There was at least 30 meters down to the reddish water below, but it wasn't really the fact that we were high up that I was about to throw up. More like the random body parts and entrails that I caught glimpses of. 

"Don't look, it's not a good sight" Siwon said. 

"Too late, already did" I said, trying not to look down. "Why are there even dead bodies down there..." I said, disgusted.

"Every body down there are from persons who've tried to escape this place. The bridge will be taken down after all attendants have passed it, so you can't get back again. Those who've tried will most likely end down there. It's a good snack for the crocodiles though" He chuckled, not a happy chuckle.

"That's.... Cruel" Sooyoung said.

"Who ever said that this wasn't going to be cruel" he said, which silenced us. We finally all got over the bridge. Siwon then walked over to the edge, where the bridge was and cut of the rope that held it together, with a big dagger. We all watched as the wooden bridge fell into the lake with a big splash. He then walked back to the front and began walking into the Forrest, we all followed him
As we walked deeper into the Forrest I could see a piece of some kind of building. I guess it was where we would live.

~~~~

There was a wall surrounding the training camp, but I could still see the top of some of the buildings inside.

"You'll get checked in various things when we get inside the building. You will each be divided in groups of 5 people and will follow your instructor." Siwon said, he then took out something from his pocket. A gun? He fired the gun up in the air and a green smoke was followed by. Soon the big port began to move and we all walked inside. The place was filled with students, there were at least over 10.000 of students, but there was yet space enough to us all to stretch our arms.The place was very big, with various of different buildings inside, and I guess that this is only a small part of it. There was a big building not long away from here, which I guessed was the main building?

"Woooow. I expected it to be big, but not this big!" Sooyoung said in amazement.

"Of course it's going to be this big, considering that students from every school will be here, and were already like 150 from 1 school" Krystal said. We were instructed to place ourselves in a long line, and we did so. Siwon was facing us in front of the middle of the line, together with a few other commanders.

"Since the last students have finally arrived, I'll tell you a bit about how this will go on. From now on, you'll get one instructor for every 5 person. The instructor are responsible for training you, providing you and discipline you. If you have any questions or problems go to your instructor. We'll divide you in random groups after your attendant number which is the number on your wrist and after your gender. The respective groups will all live together in one room enough for 5. Your instructor will tell you about the rules of The Azrael Training Camp later on. For now we'll put you in groups" A guy beside Siwon said. Soon many people came out from the big building. They were all guardians, since the ACO mark on the back of their coats were Red. They all stood in a line in front of us, waiting. Then two persons came with a box, demanding the girls to take a paper from the blue box and the guys from the green box.

Team 7

That was written on my paper. I looked at Sooyoung and Krystal, who showed me their paper.

Sooyoung got team 9 and Krystal got team 9 too.

"... Guess we won't be in the same team" Sooyoung said.

"Well, we can still see each other right?" Krystal asked. 

"Let's hope so" I replied to them.

After a long time when everyone got a paper, the guardians all held a sign with numbers on. We were then told to go to the number in which we got. I looked after the number 7 and then found a tall girl holding it. 

"Well, see you Sica!" Sooyoung said as she walked to her respective team.

Make sure not to sleep overtime Unnie!" Krystal said and ran after Sooyoung as I was about to hit her. I also walked over to my respective team. As I walked closer to the girl I noticed how attractive she actually was. I was now about 2 meters away from her. She looked at me, her doe like eyes piercing my eyes. It was the first time ever I've ever felt intimidated by another person, but hell no I ain't gonna show her that I'm intimidated by her. I gave her the paper, which she took and stuffed in her pocket.

"What's your name" she asked.

"Jessica Jung" I replied shortly. She just glanced at me, not saying anything more.

Wait that was it? Isn't she going to ask for more?

Soon another two persons came over to us. One of them was quite short and the other was taller than her.

"Ah, this is team 7 right. Here" The short girl said, giving the paper to the instructor. The taller girl bowed and gave the paper too.

"I'm Kim Hyoyeon, and this is Seo Juhyun, but just call her Seohyun" The short girl, Hyoyeon said, while the taller just gave a smile. 

"Jessica Jung" I said. The instructor just nodded, still having the piercing look in her eyes. Then another two persons arrived. 

"Ah, were in team 7 too" one of the girls said, giving her paper, which the other did too. "I'm Yoon Bora" the more tan girl said.

"I'm Kim Taeyeon" the shorter girl said.

"Follow me" the instructor said, and we did. We walked inside one of the buildings, there was an elevator in which we took. We stopped at the 3rd floor and got out, now we were in a long corridor where many rooms were. We walked until we stopped in front of room 231. The instructor took a key and opened the door, we then walked in. It was a very simple room, there were 5 beds in which 2 were bunk beds, and then there was a door to the bathroom. 

"I'm Im Yoona, your instructor from now on." The instructor finally introduced herself. "I'll tell you about the rules first, and also these watches." She said as she took 5 watches out of her pocket. She gave each of us one.

"These watches will locate where you are and you can also contact each other through those watches. Make sure to not throw them away, for your own good that is. The first rule in the ATC is that you must never go alone anywhere. You either have to go with a teammate or me."

"What about the toilet?" The short girl, whom I remember was named Hyoyeon asked.

"The toilet is no exception, you need to be at max 5 meters away from each other. Second rule, you need to be in your respective rooms at 9 pm precisely. And you can't go out again after that, no sound is allowed from you after 11 pm."

"Then what if I need to go to the toilet at the night?" Hyoyeon asked. What is it with her and toilets?

"If one of you need to go, then contact me through the watch. Third rule, you may absolutely not go out from the ATC area, which is outside the walls. Fourth rule, you will have to wear the ATC uniform, on some cases you'll get other clothes from me to wear which is acceptable. Rule five, before doing anything, like going to another teams room, then always ask me for permission first. If you break any of these rules, then you'll receive harsh punishment. You have 1 hour to know each other better and take these uniforms on. Also take your watches on. I want you outside of the door precisely in 12 pm, dressed properly in the uniform." She then put down five sets of uniforms on one of the beds and then walked out of the door. We all looked at each other.

"Our instructor seems very strict" The tan girl said, chuckling. What was her name again... Bora?

"Yeah, well. Shall we wear our uniforms first?" The short girl named Taeyeon asked, we all, agreed and took turns to change in the bathroom. The uniform consisted of a white short sleeved shirt and a green vest, with the ATC mark on, and then black pants with grey stripes on. The pants were a bit too long for me, but I just rolled them up a bit. When we all had dressed up we decided to introduce ourselves again, this time more detailed I guess.

"I'm Kim Hyoyeon, 17 years old, from HanJung School. I'm very passionate about dancing, so don't mind me if you see me randomly dancing." 

"I'm Yoon Bora, 17 years old too, from Ihwa School. I would call myself a quite athletic person. I hope we get along"

"I'm Kim Taeyeon, 19 years old, from HyoSung School. I would want to warn you that I sleep talk, so just wake me up if it's a problem. Let's get along with each other"

"I-I'm Seo Juhyun... Call me Seohyun.. I'm 16 years old, from HanJung School. Sorry, I'm... A bit.. Shy" 

"I'm Jessica Jung. 18 years old, from GwangJi School. I hate cucumbers" I introduced shortly. 

"Well, it looks like I'm the oldest here" Taeyeon said. 

"I can't believe that you're older than me... You look much younger than me" Bora said.

"I was known as baby face in my school" Taeyeon laughed, we all laughed too. We continued talking for the rest of the time until it was only 2 minutes before 12 pm. We then all stood outside, in front of the door. And at precisely 12 pm Yoona arrived. She looked at us all from head to toe. I for some reason felt really bothered when she eyed me everywhere.

"Jung, where's your watch" 

... I forgot it inside.

"Sorry, It's inside, I'll go and take it now"

"Didn't you hear me when I said to take the watch on" she asked, giving me a very cold look. Yes, even I the ice princess admit that she's cold.

"I did-"

"Then why do you not have your watch on. Next time remember, Understand"

"Yes... I just forgot.. It's not that big of a deal" I mumbled the last part, but she heard.

"Not a big deal you say. It's called discipline Jung. The watch may not be a big deal itself, but it was an order from me, and as long as you're inside this training camp you're going to obey me. Now go in and take your watch" I really wanted to talk back to her, but just held in and took my watch and came back out again.

"Follow me" she then said. We followed her outside of the building into another building. We arrived in a office like room. Yoona walked over to the desk and took out a notebook and a pen.

"I will have to talk to each one of you. Kim Hyoyeon, you're first." We all, expect Hyoeyon, walked out of the room, waiting outside. After about 10 minutes Hyoyeon came out and it was Taeyeon's turn. And then, Bora, Seohyun and at last my turn. I walked in, sitting down on the chair in front of the desk. 

"I'll have to weight you, so stand up on the scales" I did as she said. She wrote down something on her notebook, most likely my weight. 

"I'll measure your height." She then measured my height, and wrote down something. "If you would sit down" I did as she said.

"Do you or anyone in your family have any kind of disease or disorder?" She asked.

"No"

"Do you have any fears?"

"Uhhh.... Cucumbers" I replied quietly. Oh god, how embarrassing. 

"How healthy do you think you are yourself?"

"Pretty healthy" well.... I do sleep a whole lot, maybe too much.. But let's just forget about that.

"Last question. If you were to fail this, wh-"

"I'm not" I replied, totally true to my statement. I ain't coming here to just fail. She looked at me for a second before writing down something.

"Call the others in" She commanded, I did as she said, cursing at her in my mind. How can she just command me like that! #%$##!! Who does she think she is!?

"You all did this check up fine. Today you're free to go where you want, inside the ATC, although walk together in pairs of at least 2. I want you to consider a leader of the team too. The leader is responsible for keeping the team together and making final decisions. It should be the most responsible and experienced. Here's the key to your room, the leader is the holder of this key. This was it for today, be at your rooms at 9 pm, I'll check. If anything goes wrong contact me. And decide the leader before 9 pm. You're free to go now" I quickly walked out of the room, not wanting to breath the same air as my instructor, whom I've come to dislike quote a lot.

"Sooo... Do any of you have anything to do?" Bora asked.

"Not really" Taeyeon said.

"Us neither" Hyoyeon said, as in her and Seohyun. They then all looked at me.

"Well, I actually came with my sister and friend. But I don't know where they are" 

"Hmm... Well since we don't have anything to do anyways, why not find them" Taeyeon offered, which we all agreed to. 

~~~~~

It took us a while to find them since, 1. We're like over 10.000 people here. 2. This place is huge. 3. I have no way in contacting them. 4. They're probably also just wandering around, so they could literally be anywhere.

"M-maybe we should ask someone" Seohyun said for like the first time since we began looking for them.

"Who exactly?" I asked, tired of walking. She shrugged. 

"UNNIE!!!" A very familiar voice whom belonged to a very annoying sister of me was heard. Krystal and Sooyoung was at least 100 meter away from us, running towards us. They finally arrived, panting.

"There *PANT* you were *PANT" Sooyoung said, trying to catch her breath and eventually did.

"We were looking everywhere for you" Krystal said, she then looked at my teammates with a questioning look.

"Oh yeah, guys this is my very annoying little sister, Krystal, and this is my giant best friend, Sooyoung. Krys and Soo, they are my teammates, Taeyeon, Bora, Hyoyeon and Seohyun" I introduced. They all bowed to each other and greeted each other.

"Where's your teammates?" I asked them.

"Well, they had something to do, So me and Sooyoung Unnie decided to try find you"

"I see, we were trying to find you too. You don't know how freaking hard it was, my legs are gonna break of tiredness" I said, they all laughed at me.

"Hey do any of you know where there's food? I'm dying of hunger here" Sooyoung suddenly asked, so typical of her.

"Hmmm... I think there was a cafeteria somewhere at the front gate" Taeyeon said

~~~~~

It's been long since I've seen Sooyoung this sad. 

"Come on, it isn't that bad!" Krystal said.

".... Why aren't there any meat" She sobbed.

"W-Well.... It doesn't look that bad" Seohyun said, although her face was literally screaming the opposite. What we got was some kind of greenish soup with all kinds of vegetables as side dishes. And trust me, it did not look good. None of us had touched the food for quite a while, and none of us were planning to. And then suddenly Sooyoung stood up, sniffing the air.

"I smell meat" she said, looking around the cafeteria. She then ran over to a table not long away from us.

"Yah Sooyoung!" I yelled after her. I sighed and ran after her, the others following me. I stopped up when I saw who it was sitting at the table. Ugh... That stupid instructor. 

"MEAT!!" Sooyoung yelled and was about to reach after the meat, but Yoona had a grip on her hand.

"What do you think you're doing?" She said.

"Umm, getting that piece of meat" Sooyoung said, pointing at the meat on Yoona's plate. 

"Ah, Sooyoung." The girl sitting beside Yoona said. Sooyoung looked at her and then smiled at her. 

"Hi Tiffany-shi"

"I told you to just call me Tiffany. Krystal, hi to you too"

"Hi" Krystal answered shortly. Yoona then looked at us.

"Hi Yoona-shi" my teammates greeted her, while I just gave her the same look she gave me.

"You're their instructor Yoongie?" The girl named Tiffany said. I was almost about to laugh out loud at the name. Yoongie? Seriously, it doesn't fit her at all.

"Yeah. Do you need anything" Yoona asked, still keeping the stoic face.

"No, not really" Hyoyeon answered.

"Well, then why are you here"

"Aww, come on Yoongie, let them be here. The more people the merrier right!" Yoona glared at the girl, but she didn't seem to mind. 

"I'll take my leave then" I said, walking back to our table not wanting to be near that stupid instructor. The others bowed to them and followed me quickly.

"Was that eye smiling girl your instructor?" Taeyeon asked

"Yeah, she's pretty friendly and kind" Sooyoung said.

"You guys' instructor seems very... Cold. Maybe even more than you Unnie" Krystal said.

"If only you knew" Bora chuckled. Hmmpff! Even colder than me!!? Is that a challenge, cause I accept that challenge!!!

~~~~~

We bid Sooyoung and Krystal farewell and walked back to our room. We had decided that Taeyeon would be our leader, her being the oldest and more experienced out of us all. We arrived at the room about 5 minutes before 9 pm and waited for Yoona to come check on us.

She came at precisely 9 pm and had some sets of clothes with her.

"Take one each, it's pyjamas. Sleep earlier, or you'll regret it tomorrow. I'll come back and check you at 11 pm" she said and left again. We all dressed into the pyjamas, which were really comfortable. We then laid down on our beds, in which I took the single bed.

I yawned, feeling abnormally tired today, I felt like I could sleep for a whole week straight. 

 

 

 

A/N: Don't know what to think of this chapter.... Was it too rushed? I hope not...

Sky. C. J