It should have been me

Girl Friend or Girlfriend?

It was a big punishment for Jongin to see Sehee within arm’s reach but far enough to be touch. What makes it more difficult now is that she has a Seok in her life. Ever since Seok arrived, Sehee would always stick to his side

Like what she does to him.

It pains him to see them together and it makes him feel like his breaking into tiny pieces. He was having a time of his life, riding a rollercoaster of emotions. He missed those times that Sehee would snuggle close to him, those moments when she would kiss his neck accidentally or when Sehee would bite his shoulder and whisper “mine” everytime Krystal would pull him away from her grasp.

Jongin felt so stupid. All those times, he had looked for love at the wrong place, when the person he wanted to have was just there beside but yet, he was too blind to see it.

It was too late. Just when he was ready to love her, shower her with all the love he could give, Sehee had found someone who can love her like she did with Jongin. Now here he was, longing and hoping that Sehee would at least forgive him.

Jongin sighed as the memories came crashing into his mind. He almost had the person he wanted to spend his life with, and sadly he ruined everything. It’s your fault, If you hadn’t said those words,then maybe it could have been you beside her and not Seok he thought to himself as the memories of Sehee and Seok plays into his mind. He wanted to cry, scream and punch himself if he could. I need a drink he thought sadly as he slowly trudge towards the kitchen and grab himself a can of bear.

Jongin slumped down on one of the stool on the counter aisle; he was lost in thoughts, nursing his bottle of beer when Sehee came to the kitchen. Jongin was about to stand up and leave when Sehee came into his vision. His widen as he took a step back. His stomach did a somersault as Sehee’s face come to his vision.

“he—ey” he said taken aback with Sehee’s sudden appearance. There was an awkward of silence hanging in the air. Jongin was confused. He didn’t know what to do. He was torn into hugging her but he knew that would definitely be wrong. He wanted to stare at her eyes like he used to do but deep inside he knew he lost his right to do so.

Sehee wasn’t saying anything rather she was studying Jongin with a scrutinizing gaze. Jongin opened his mouth to say something but ended up closing his mouth and shook his head.

She wouldn’t believe me if I’d say that I love her he thought to himself as he slowly looked away and left the room before his eyes would betray him even more.

He stayed inside his room, He avoided being around Sehee. Being with her makes him wants to hold her but yet makes him cry even more. Jongin felt the whole world was against him. He can hear Sehee’s laugh as another voice was heard, laughing. Sehee was shouting at the person playfully

“Yah, Seok-oppa!!!!!”He heard Sehee screeched as he heard Seok’s voice floating in the air. He was laughing with glee

“ah come ‘on Sehee you love me, don’t be too harsh on me” He heard Seok singsonged. Jongin wanted to cry as Sehee’s words pierced into his heart

“Then be thankful that i love you,oppa”

He took a deep breath, hoping that it would stop his chest from hurting. He looked up hoping the tears wouldn’t fall down from his eyes. He tried to think of something else, something that is not Sehee.

Don’t think of her Jongin he thought to himself as the laughter and shouts grew louder. He can hear Sehee squealing gleefully, calling Seok to stop tickling her.

“Oppa stop it!!”

“Ain’t stopping Sehee!!!”

“Yaaa!! Stop it”

“Then make me!!”

“Wait til i lay my hands on you Kim Minseok!!!”

“Then i’ll just kiss you to stop you killing me”

His tears fell. His heart slowly crumbled down. As the love of his life has finally found someone to be with. Someone that is not him.

 

Sehee grumbled under her breathe as she panted hard after the tickle fight with Seok. She glared at the older boy who was sporting his trademark lopsided grin.

“You shouldn’t have said that” She chided at the older as she sat beside him

“Why? Wouldn’t that be a good way to win Jongin’s heart?” the elder teased as he moves his brows up and down. Sehee wanted to laugh at the older’s comical face as he continues to smile at her mischievously.

“Stop saying that ,Oppa” She continued to reprimand her other cousin’s boyfriend.

“i can’t wait to see Jongin-ssi jealous. “Seok said as he sat down beside Sehee. Sehee felt her heart filled with hope as Seok’s words slowly sinking into her mind.

I hope he does feel the same way she thought with hope in her heart. Jongin had been avoiding her. Deep inside Sehee missed those times that Jongin would appease her or when the other was begging for forgiveness and her affection. Sehee felt those were the moments that she feels that She is important to Jongin.

Flashback: 2 weeks ago

2:30 AM

Sehee had just arrived from a meeting when she saw Jongin waiting for her at the garage door. He was waiting for her at the exact spot where she would usually park her car. Sehee felt her heart was pierce as Jongin was crouching down, with a thin sweater to protect him from the cold autumn night. Trust Jongin to nap on the most ridiculous place she thought fondly as a small smile adorned her face. Sehee wanted to wake him up and tell him to move to his bedroom. She was about to wake Jongin up when Jongin’s words came running into her mind. Sehee felt her chest tightened as those words continues to pierce her heart even more. Anger surge into her as she park her car behind her unnie’s car. She left Jongin who had fallen asleep in the garage. She shook her tears away.

“You are not even my girlfriend”

That night she wanted to come back for Jongin to wake him up and helped him up to his room. But her pride had gotten into her. Deep inside She can never forgive Jongin for saying those words but Jongin never really meant to say those words.He was mad at her for not taking good care of her. Guilt had come into her when Jongin said that he ran all the way from school. She wanted to apologize but her pride had gotten into her way.

The next day after Jongin had waited for her at the garage, he slipped her a note on her door, a note that made her cry

I’m glad you came home safe. I was worried about you being late. I’m really glad that you’re safe :D. Take care Sehee-ah

She wanted to slap herself as the thought of a shivering Jongin came into her mind.

 

Jongin felt his body was heavy as he tried to get up from his bed. He felt sluggish and tired. He had a nagging headache. Since the day that he had waited for Sehee at the garage, Jongin was starting to feel a little woozy and feverish. He felt tired and his back have been hurting even more. He wanted to slap himself for sleeping outside. He stretched himself as he slowly walk towards the door, wanting to grab a glass of water to ease the nagging headache. He stood up, slowly walking towards the door when suddenly when everything started to turn black

Junhee was making dinner when she heard a loud thud upstairs. She frowned as she tried to figure out what was that. "Maybe the dogs have been playing too hard again" She as she shrugged it off and continued cooking Jongin's favorite dish.: Chicken