- Welcome to Korea!

A Starlight's Dream

“Wow... just wow.” you say to yourself as you grab your luggage from the baggage claim area. “I can't believe I'm in South Korea.” You start to think back at how you always made plans to travel and smiled with happiness at the fact that your best friend, Monica help you get here. The study-abroad program allowed her one friend to join her one-month break. Of course she wouldn't do without her best friend which was you.

While walking toward the waiting area you take out your phone and look down at it. “It's 12 am at home now. I should call home but it's-”

Can you watch where you're going? said a female voice in Korean. You look down to see that your phone and her open purse fell to floor. Some of her belongings fell out her bag. You quickly try to pick them up and looked up at who you bumped into. “Sorry about that.”

Ugh, my stuff!” she stated annoyed grabbing her stuff.

“I'm so very sorry.”

“Ok, ok wuteva.” she said in English with an thick accent. After snatching her items from your hand she strutted away putting on her sunglasses and cursing at you lowly. You pick up your phone, wipe it off, and grab your luggage to wheel it toward the waiting again. “Ok.. then.” you whispered to yourself rolling your eyes. Before you could take two steps you receive a hug from behind. “Finally! You made it safe and sound. I'm so happy to see you!”  

“Monica!” you exclaimed as you turn around to complete the hug she was giving you. “I'm happy to see you too! I can't believe I made it to South Korea.” You both exchange your greetings and head to her car. In the car she updates you on what she's been doing and you try to catch up on some sleep from the jet lag you've received. You feel a jerk as Monica slams on the brakes next to what looks like an apartment building. “OMG!” she exclaimed. “Where did you get this info on your phone?!”

“What?”

“Your phone.” she said holding it up a phone you've never seen before. You give her a puzzled look as you grab the phone from her hands to look at the screen.  “By the way, we're at my apartment but just drop your stuff off. I have a surprise for you which starts soon so we have to hurry.”

“This phone isn't mine.” you say as you two both head into the apartment. “Well whoever's phone this is, their lock on it is weak.” she replied with a giggle. “Who puts a square as their lock?”

"Someone that's forgetful I guess?"

You place the phone down on the coffee table and quickly glance around as your best friend placed your luggage in a small spot in the corner of the room. Monica's apartment was typical small studio apartment that you've seen in Korean dramas. “I didn't think this was actually a thing.” you thought as you noticed a poster of Vixx on the wall with signatures on it. “Oh! So, this poster you were suppose to mail me.” you said in a sarcastic tone. You gave each member of the kpop group a look-over and stopped at their leader N. You gave a small smile looked down in slight embarrassment. “Don't worry as I have something way better than a poster.” Monica replied.

“Hurry or we'll miss it. By the way, Welcome to Korea!

.

.

A/N: A minor note just so there's no confusion. It'll probably be noted within the story but I will be putting words that are said in Korean a dark red color with Italics until a certain point. Again, as I stated in the foreword and so that's it's not rushed, the story slowed a bit to make it interesting. It does progress after a few chapters. Thank you for your consideration!