Breakaway

I'm Just a Little Too Not Over You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never forgot him, even after we went our separate ways. We invited each other to our weddings, but neither of us attended.

He had married a young nurse who took care of him during his physical therapy. I had always warned him that if he wasn’t careful, it would only take one injury to force him to stop dancing. Luckily for him, he was able to walk again, albeit with a limp.

I married my greatest supporter, Minseok. He had always been there for me and once I was able to shake Jongin out of my head for longer than a minute, I realized how perfect he was for me.

We didn’t see each other for 12 years, the last time being the day he was admitted to the hospital. I kept tabs through Taemin, but I never visited.

When we did finally meet again, he was extremely surprised and his emotions got the better of him. We were at a supermarket and he was with his wife and I was alone. Minseok was at home resting since he had continued his life as a singer. It was our 9 year anniversary as a couple, 4 years of marriage.

Our eyes met when we entered the same aisle on opposite sides, both widening. He ran to me, leaving his wife by the cart in confusion. Even from a distance I could see she was expecting. I felt his strong arms, which were once the only thing I needed, wrap around me.

I felt numb. When he pulled away, I could see he was hurt by my lack of response. I didn’t hate Jongin, I had just become immune to what he used to do to me. My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter