The Story of Us and What Happened Then

I'm Just a Little Too Not Over You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I handed Taemin a water bottle as he walked into my office. This had become almost a routine for us. The only thing that had changed was that Jongin wasn’t with us. Until recently, it was always the three of us in my office. I would have them listen to my compositions or read my lyrics and they would show me dance moves that they felt I should know or that they thought were too difficult and wanted me to help them. Helping them meant me trying the move and them laughing at how ridiculous I looked.

“You should really shower before you come here. You stink,” I scrunched my nose.

He raised an eyebrow at me, “Oh but when Jongin comes in drenched in sweat, it suddenly smells like roses?”

I sighed and shook my head, returning my attention to the work I was doing before he had walked in. He let me finish up while I let him catch his breath. When Jongin used to join us, it was always loud in the room, now it was silent except for the sound of my pencil writing, the AC, and our breathing.

I put my notes away and turned to find him staring at his hands.

“What happened to us?”

I sighed and shook my head, “Life happened, I suppose.”

He lifted his head and I saw his eyes were bloodshot, “I miss us. I miss you two. I was so happy knowing both of you would always be there for me, for each other. I wasn’t joking when I said you two were perfect for each other. I know how you felt and trust me when I say he felt the same way.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter