Chapter Two

Depend On Me


 The wind was knocked out of my lungs as I fell back over my own feet. I brace myself for the pain to shoot up my spine, but all I received was a warmth surrounding me and a gentle breath against my left cheek. I look up to see the vampire had caught me from falling. I push him off as I stand up straight and look in the opposite direction of where he stood. 

"Stop helping me," I tell him and then begin my journey home. 

I listen as I hear the footsteps behind me and I know that the vampire was following me. 

"Would you leave me alone!" I exclaim as I turn back to him. "Look, it's hard enough that I'm going to hide this-" I gesture to my wrist. "- from my parents. But, I really don't need you following me!" If people were walking past us right now they would think that it's a couple having some issues. Ugh, just the thought.

"I'm not able to help it. My instincts are making me want to protect you. I can't have you getting hurt, you wouldn't understand." He replies as he reaches out to cup my face in his hand. "Even your face fits my hand, how have I found you?" I feel my face flush and pull away from him. 

"I don't even know your name!" I exclaim. 

"My name is Jung Teak Woon." He smiles and I can't help the feeling rising in my chest. 

"This is going to send me crazy!" I complain as I clutch the part of my shirt over my chest. 

"I'm already going insane." Teak Woon says as he continues walking. I turn to face him but he was gone. 

***

Training in my parents' basement gym was helping me keep my mind at ease. I hit the punching bag once more before noticing the mark on my arm. I hit the punching bag again before yelling in frustration. I go to my bag and put my long-sleeved jumper on to cover the mark, so I don't have to stare at it any longer. 

I hate the vampire. What was his name again? Jung Taek Woon, wasn't it?  I go to my parents' files on vampire history to find anything about his line and who he has created. Yet, I find nothing. It's as though he was just a fragment of my imagination. I stop my search after another twenty minutes and decide to go to the gardens. 

I always come out here if I want to think and ponder over certain things. The pondering for today is how I am going to get rid of this vampire's mark. i may have to visit a witch or warlock to see if they can get rid of it or if at least tell me how to get rid of it. 

"Taeyeon." I pull my blade out and spin around at the sound of my name. I hold my blade against the skin of Taek Woon as he holds out a white rose. 

"Are you crazy?! My parents will be coming home any second! Also, how do you know my name?!" I snap at him as I lower my blade and put it back in my boot. 

"Well, you are the daughter to the two of the best vampire hunters in the country. So it was only a matter of time before I found out what your name was." He replies and insists that I take the rose from him as he tries to hand me again. I roll my eyes at him but take the offered rose from him as he smiles at me. 

"I had to make sure you were okay. I got a feeling that you were hurt." He tells me as he puts his hands into his pant pockets. 

"I'm fine, but you need to leave before-"

"Taeyeon!" I hear my master call for me. 

". You need to disappear like now!" I whisper-yell at Taek Woon and he looks around for a moment before nodding his head and literally within a blink of an eye he was gone. I place the rose with the other roses in the gardens and run back to the house to find that he was searching for me. 

"Yes, Master Jun.K," I say and he looks at me before frowning. 

"What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." He asks as he steps forward and checks over me.

"I'm fine," I assure him before he leads me to the basement to train again. I seriously hope that he doesn't find out about Taek Woon being here, or about my mark on my arm. 

***

AN: How do you like chapter two? I wanted Taeyeon to have a master who trains her instead of her parents and who better than Jun.K of 2PM? Haha, anyway I hope you enjoyed! :3