Chapter One

Depend On Me


The first thing that you should know about me is that I am the daughter to vampire hunters. They come from a secret society within the cracks of the governments system that they keep hidden; don't want anyone knowing what lurks around in the night.

So once I hit the age of eighteen, I had to start learning how to defend myself and how to kill a vampire. I would say that I'm ready to go out during the night to help my parents now, but my Father doesn't think that way. So it's my time to prove him wrong.

The way you get a vampire's attention: make sure your throat is exposed  the most out of everything. So I wore a low cut shirt under my jacket as I walked under the street lights above me. Time to kill a vampire. 

***

. This vampire is stronger than I thought he was. I shouldn't have done this. I catch his face as he tries to go in for the kill as he pins me on the pavement. My arms were beginning to shake as I slowly lose my strength to hold him away. 

That's when the unthinkable happened. 

His dead coarpse was thrown to the other side of the street as a tall figure stood over me. I'm quick to regain my stance as the figure moves towards the blood er and they clash in a vision of shadows and blurs. I move further away from them as to try and plan my next attack. 

The vampire I was originally fighting had fallen and he wasn't going to be getting back up. I need to find a way to take this new vampire down. He turns towards me and i get to see his face for the first time. He looked human but after seeing what I had, I wasn't going to be fooled. 

"Are you okay?" 

Why would he ask that? He is just trying to distract me. I keep my stance and watch as he gets closer. How is he so graceful when he walks? 

"I won't hurt you. You can test me on that." He speaks again with that soft voice. I can't believe him until I try. I pull out my small blade and approach him. If he doesn't want to hurt me then he won't try to stop me from doing this. I slice the upper half of his arm as he grunts at the sudden pain. 

So he was just going to take the pain that I delivered? Why? 

"Why did you save me?" I ask as I lower my blade. 

"Because innocent people shouldn't be killed." He replies as his hand comes up to his arm that was slowly healing and pokes his finger through the sliced material. "I liked this shirt." He complains then lowers his hand and returns his gaze to me. 

"I shouldn't be speaking to you." I say as the realisation of how I'm being civil with a vampire hits me. 

"Because you're a hunter? Or should I call you a trainee?" He asks as he reaches out for my arm; which causes me to move away from him. 

"Your kind kill people. It's my job to stop you." I try to remind myself as he keeps going for my wrist. When he takes hold of it, an excruciating pain shoots through my arm. I pull away from him to see a kind of mark forming where he had held. 

"What have you done?!" I snap at him as he observes the mark on my arm. 

"That's impossible." He murmurs as he pulls me to him so that he can trace his finger over the mark. "You can't be the one." He says as he shakes his head and looks disturbed by his own thoughts. I try to tear my arm from his grip but he tightens his hold on it. I frown at him as we both glance at one another. His eyes seem to flitter between the eyes of what I saw that monster have and his own hazel orbs. He releases my arm and steps away from me. 

"What the hell are you going on about anyway?" I ask when I finally find the confidence to speak. 

"I've marked you as my human."


AN: Was this a good way to open this story? I'll never know but I hope that you enjoyed the first chapter of Depend On Me! :3