Chapter Four

Depend On Me



"What do you mean you're a half-blood?" I ask after Jun.K releases Taek Woon and was now pacing at the other side of the room. 

"What even is a half-blood?" I ask as I rub the back of my head with a frown on my face; of which caused Taek Woon to softly chuckle at me. 

"A half-blood is a human who was turned into a vampire." Jun.K looks over at me as he speaks and stops his pacing. Holy . 

"What?! How?! Do my parents know?! Oh, my god, I've been trained my entire life by a vampire and I never once-"

"Stop freaking out." Jun.K interrupts my mini rant and rolls his eyes as if this wasn't the biggest news in the world! I reach up to run my hands through my hair and rest them on top of my head as I try to wrap my head around what I was just told. 

"So... you've been training me this entire time as a vampire and you never once thought it would be a good idea to let me know that you could... oh I don't know, bite me and drink my blood?!" I suddenly snap as my emotions start to get the best of me because someone close to me has been lying to me my entire life. I was upset that my parents never told me either. 

"I couldn't tell you that because I never wanted you to sympathise with me because of it. I'm your Master and nothing else or nothing less." He explains as he tries to reach forward and touch my arm but I move away from him. "Don't be afraid of me." He sighs as he steps back and then turns to leave the basement. 

I throw my pocket blade at one of the targets out of frustration before I fall to the floor; completely disregarding that Taek Woon was still here. How was I going to tell my parents that I knew about Jun.K? Was he going to tell them that I found out? Would he also tell them about Taek Woon and the mark on my arm? So many questions were floating around in my head as I try to keep myself from having a panic attack at the thought of everything that is suddenly beginning to pile on top of me. 

"Come on, I'm going to distract you for a while." Taek Woon says as he holds onto my arm that held his mark on and pulls me up to my feet. "Hold on." He warns me before wrapping his arms around me and I start to feel dizzy from how fast we were moving. I close my eyes as I hide my face into his chest to keep myself from being sick as he ran with me in his arms. Where we were going, I had no idea about. When we do stop we were stood outside a mansion. He releases me from his arms and begins walking up the steps to the large oak door. 

I stand in awe at the huge building before me. Did he kill someone to live here? 

"Taeyeon?" I turn to stare at Taek Woon and see him holding his hand out towards me. "Come on. I'm going to let you ask any questions for the next few hours." He smiles at me and I glance between his face and his hand. I reach out and take it before he leads me through the doors of the mansion. 

***(Jun.K P.O.V.)***

"What do you mean she knows?!" Taeyeon's Father yells at me as I stand sullenly by the doorway. 

"It may... have slipped into our conversation." I hesitate on whether to tell them about the vampire that was trying to steal Taeyeon away. I wasn't going to let that happen, even if it meant giving my dead soul for her. 

"She shouldn't know this. She can be in danger." My blood began to boil at his words. He knew that I would never hurt Taeyeon - so questioning it wasn't something I was going to take kindly to. So my fist slamming down against the wooden desk was purely out of frustration at his words. 

"I have watched her grow up her entire life... what makes you believe that I would hurt her?!" I exclaim as I look up at him. His eyes glared at me while I tried to control my anger because anger can force me to feed and I refuse to hurt anyone. 

"Because even just the mention of her name and you're eyes scream that you want her.

***(Taeyeon's P.O.V.)***

"So, what's the difference between a half-blood and you?" I ask as I pull a book from the shelves in Taek Woon's library. The book was a hardback copy of poetry from the eighteenth century, the covers were torn and the brown texture of the book was scratched. 

"A half-blood is a person who is turned into a vampire, such as your trainer, Jun.K was it?" Taek Woon asks and I turn towards him and nod my head. "Whereas I was born like this. Before you ask, my mom was human and my father was a vampire." He explains while I close my mouth as he answers my question before I could even ask it. Placing the book back on the shelve in its original position, I continue to explore around his library. 

"How long have you... lived? Or do you prefer existed?" I ask as I sit on the leather couch near the window. Which brings another question to mind. 

"Either is okay and five hundred and seventy years." He replies with a slight chuckle behind his words. I look up at him and see his lips held a smile as he watched me. 

"Do you burn in the sun?" I ask him and tilt my head to the left a little. 

"No. It's mostly just irritating to my eyes." Taek Woon takes a seat next to me. My wrist sends a sharp pain shooting through my arm and I wince as my other hand instantly reaches to cover it. Taek Woon notices the pain that I'm in and moves my hand out of the way for him to roll my sleeve up and see his mark there. 

"Is it painful?" He asks as he looks up to my eyes and I notice how his iris swirls between a deep bronze and silver. 

"A little," I admit as I quickly look down at my arm again. Taek Woon brushes his fingers over the mark and it sends more pain shooting through it again. He notices as we make a small moment of eye contact before he holds my arm and looks up at me. 

"I know how to stop it," Why do I feel like he has a 'but' to that? "But-" There it is! "-you're going to have to trust me." I notice at that moment at how close our faces were. I find it kind of awkward and lean back, only to be pulled in by him and this time, the distance was not a thing that kept us apart. But the fact that his lips were on my own was something that sent me into shock.