Kwon Ji Yong

Lost Memories & Dirty Tricks

 

The smile on the lady's face wavered, while her eyes were veiled with sadness and worry.

 

« -You really don't recognize me ?

-No... I'm so sorry. You're my mum, right ?

-Yes! I am your mum honey ! » she shouted as she fell into my arms.

 

Weirdly, I didn't felt anything. Of course, I was sorry for this lady, but her face didn't remind me of anything, and as she was holding me, I tried to escape from her embrace. She didn't notice it, or seemed like she didn't, and stepped back, an arm lying on my shoulders. was shaking, and she was on the verge of crying again. I sketched a smile toward her. The child jumped on me, all of a sudden, laughing.

 

« Eonnie ! I am so glad you're here again !!! »

 

I stumbled, and she let me go, looking seriously at me. Too much seriously for a child, as I thought. The boy haden't talked yet. Suddenly, I came down on the journey's exhaustion, and almost fell. My eyes closed, and my knees gave away. My last movement was to reach out my hand. Someone took it. A name came to my mind.

 

« Kwon Ji Yong »

 

It was full of kindness and love. Little by little, I came back to me, and noticed I was backed by the blond guy, and that my mother was hitting me, so as to wake me up.

 

« Eun Ae ! Eun Ae ! Everything's alright ? It must be the jet lag... You'll go home and have a rest there. Don't worry, Omma's here now ! By the way, you remembered Ji Yong-ah ! That's the first step... »

 

I listened to her babble through a mental fog. Since she pronunced the name of Ji Yong, I had immersed my gaze in this blond friend, as if I would get my memory back. A little draft was rising his hair, releasing his forehead. He had frowned his eyebrow with woriness, that was making his gaze deeper. His eyes was twinkling, and on his right eyes, he got a star-shapped circle lense. He was wearing shining earings, which contrasted with his black clothes. As for asians' stantards, he should have been cute. As for me, he was handsome. His face reminded me of childhood's games, laughters, sandboxes... He was observing me too, and his expression relaxed. When he let go of me, I weirdly felt vulnerable.

The lady who was my mother took my arm and led me toward the car. The little girl took my hand, and I held it forcefully. Kwon Ji Yong put back his glasses and followed us. After she started the car, my mum resumed talking.

 

« -I thought it would be better for you if Ji Yong was there to welcome you. He's you childhood friend. Even if he has a big schedule, he could came. At least, you remember him... Even though you can't remember me.

- I am really sorry.

- Don't worry honey ! I left you bedroom as it was when you left. If you want, we'll go and buy new stuffs togther, but I wanted to know what you want, before buying anything. Same for your clothes ! But we absolutely have to go today, otherwise, you won't have anything for school !

- WHAT ????? »