Who are you ?

Lost Memories & Dirty Tricks

 

« Fasten your seatbelts please »

 

This korean voice woke me up. Korean, this hoarse and deep language that I seemed to know. I must say seem, because since this accident, I couldn't remember a thing. Doctors told me that memories would come back after a while, but deep into my heart, I knew that what I lost would never get back. I had left the hospital since a week, but I knew nothing would be the same as before...

The plane began his way down to Seoul's airport. My mother should be waiting for me there. It was hard for me to think this word, because for me, it didn't meant anything anymore. Tears started to flow on my cheeks, thinking about that person's pain.

One the plane stopped, I headed toward the exit. My legs were shaking. Was it because I was afriad of seeing my family ? Or because I was to weak ? I shelved this questions, and left my crutches on my seat. I didn't want any help to make my first steps on my country. Pride was stronger than pain.

The stair seemed to be long, very long, and I heard people shouting at me, telling me te be faster. I didn't care about them at all, I was just trying to find in the crowd someone who could look like me. Once downstairs, I moved aside, to clear the way. There was too many persons there, and I couldn't see a thing. Noise was frightening me, as same with people. I knelt down, scared and grasped by a fear I couldn't explain. Suddenly, hands reached my back, holding me, and before I realized what was happening, I was on the airport's parking, three persons around me...

The first was a lady, who could have been my mother (and who should be). She had short hair, brown and straight, as mine was, and her eyes were twinkling. Beside her was a young girl, who could have been about six years old. Finally, I turned toward the last. He was a boy, a little taller than me. His hair was staigh too, blond, a bit tousled, and sunglasses was hiding most of his face. He get rid of them and stared at me. Little by little, a smile rised on his face. He reminded me of something, but before I could remember anything, this thought desappeared. I leant my head and stammered :

 

« Hel-Hello... I... Hum, who are you ? »