The Next Morning

Somewhere to Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol came out from his sleep slowly, his eyes fluttering open but not really seeing. He could hear the birds waking up outside and begin chirping, and could see the orange haze that was beginnning to fill his room. He panicked slightly, eyes going wide and his concience suddenly fully aware of his surroundings, but sighed with relief and relaxed when he remembered where he was and what happened, gently squeezing the small form still sleeping soundly in his arms.

 

~

 

Chanyeol woke with a start, it was still the middle of the night and the room was pitch black, the only sound being the slow breathing of the body still sitting on his lap. His face was buried into Chanyeol's neck and his breathing tickled the tallers skin slightly, his arms were wrapped around his neck but were hanging loose like they could fall off at any moment, his chest flushed against Chanyeol's, his whole weight leaning on him, his whole being keeping him warm. Chanyeol would give anything to stay like this forever, but the covers had fallen off them and Baekhyun was shivering slightly. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and shuffled down the bed so he could lay down, with Baekhyun now laying totally on top of him, Chanyeol blushed and reached for the duvet, pulling over it the smallers back up to his neck, before gently turning onto his side and laying Baekhyun down carefully. He propped himself up on one elbow so he could pull the pillow down for them to rest their heads on. He lifted the soundly sleeping Baekhyun's head onto the pillow, the small form instantly smiling slightly and nuzzling into it. This will be a lot warmer and more comfortable for him, he thought. Chanyeol didn't even question himself or what Baekhyun might think when he wakes up and he wrapped his arms around him and pulled him seriously close, Baekhyun's forehead against Chanyeol's chest and their bodies flushed, the taller in his half asleep state was even brave enough to intertwine their legs together. Now more comfortable, and a lot happy with this position, his eyes fell shut again and he drifted back into dreamland.

 

~

 

Chanyeol looked down at the broken boy and was just happy that he was with him now, he couldn't help but be so glad that Baekhyun had ended up on his doorstep, drenched with rain and looking like all the life had been out of him, he wasn't glad for that but glad that Baekhyun was able to come for him for help, even if he said he didn't mean to end up there, he was glad because Baekhyun was finally letting down his barriers a bit and not trying to deal with everything by himself. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun felt like a burden and tried his best to keep his problems away from him in case of bothering him, which Chanyeol always told him it never did. He hated that he always kept everything to himself, he knew it must crush him and he must be dying to just let it all out. Secretly Chanyeol hoped that when Baekhyun woke up, that he wasn't feeling better and wanted to leave, a small part - that's a lie, a big part of Chanyeol wanted Baekhyun to cling to him, to want Chanyeol to protect him and not leave his side, but Chanyeol knew this was unlikely, it was more likely that he would wake up, blame it on a mood swing or say he was over it, and leave, later acting like it never happened. The thought of Baekhyun leaving and continuing like before, bottling everything up and acting most of the time, was painful for Chanyeol and he squeezed the boy again, as if he wasn't going to let go.

 

Chanyeol didn't think about the fact that his feelings were confusing and quite frankly a mess, because all he could focus on was keeping Baekhyun close for as long as he could, cherishing being able to hold him so close before the inevitable time would come and he would wake, leaving Chanyeol alone. If Chanyeol did think about his feelings, he would make them even more confusing, questioning why he wanted Baekhyun so close, why he was embracing him like a couple would, when they were just best friends. If Chanyeol did think about his feelings, those three words would make his stomach churn, and then he would confuse himself more, questioning why he had that feeling in his core. If Chanyeol did think about his feelings, he would realise that he didn't want to be just best friends with Baekhyun, but he would also realise that he couldn't do anything about it. 

 

Chanyeol didn't even have the chance to even think about thinking about his feelings, because the body in his arms shifted and a sleepy groan came from it. Only now did Chanyeol think about how wrong his position probably was and how mad Baekhyun will probably be in a few seconds. "nngh... Chanyeol..?" Baekhyun suprisingly didn't move, Chanyeol thought maybe he was still sleeping but was still frozen, his heart racing so fast and so hard he thought Baekhyun would hear it and wake up for real. But when Baekhyun mumbled Chanyeol's name again, a little less dreamily this time, he knew he wasn't sleeping, shutting his eyes tightly, bracing for the anger he was going to be crushed by, but it never came. "Chanyeol..." the form nuzzled Chanyeol's chest and let out a heavy sigh before wrapping it's arms around Chanyeol's waist, causing Chanyeol's eyes to shoot wide open and his heart to stop, "Thank you.." 

 

Then silence.

 

Chanyeol didn't know what to do, those confused feelings he hadn't thought of were now even more confused, if he were to think about them now he would surely find himself in a crisis. It stayed quiet for what felt like forever but eventually Baekhyun stirred again before pushing himself up the bed so that he faced a wide eyed giant. His own eyes were lidded, still tired from just having woken up but also exhausted from the events of the night before. No one really knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter