Prologue

Wild World
 

Prologue

"That my friends, is the beggining of our journey"

Namjoon opened his eyes to the darkness. That was always the paradox of his life. Since he was born blind, he never saw the world, the colors. But he had his dreams, his visions, for long as he could remember, and this was when he saw everything he couldn't otherwise. With his eyes open, he couldn't see a thing, but closing his eyes, he could see much more than anyone else.

 

He got up, feeling the chilling of the tile floor and the softness of his mat at the same time. Hum, he probably kicked it out of place last night. Feeling with his feets he put the piece of cloth in it's right place and walked to the washroom cabin attached to his room. The path was the same since he started to use this room, unobstructed from anything that could get in his way and with a carpet path to help, what made easy for him to navigate by even that he was blind.

The swooshing sound of the door announced that he reached his destination, as well as the change in the air and repercution of his steps in the walls. His arm reached automatically for the faucet and just by the sound of the flowing water he knew were to put his hands and how to move himself so he wouldn't end hitting his head somewhere while cleanning his face.

Namjoon easily followed with his morning routine, his arms and hands reaching expertly  for anything that he needed, the experience and the knowledged of where everything was speaking way higher than his physical incapability. Finishing it, he easily made his way back and towards his wardrobe. Second drawer on the left, down to the first pile in the right, he easily reached his clothes. Making sure everything was ok, he asked out loud to his AI.

"Namu, how do I look today?"

"Very professional sir. May I suggest your second set of rings and the third cane to go with it?" A cute robotic voice answered him.

 

"Very well. I trust you Namu. And how is my schedule today? Everyone will make it for the meeting?"

 

"Thank you sir. And yes, everyone sent their confirmations last night. My sensors show that two people are already in the meeting room."

"Thank you Namu. I will be going then."

 

" Have a good day sir."

 

Namjoon left his room, easily making turns and greeting back people. It was not only his room that he had memorized, but the entire complex that he lived on. Walking laisurely to the meeting room, his cane making a regular stepping sound everytime it hit the ground, and his always present sun glasses on, he was a slightly exotic but very familiar view for all that crossed paths with him.

The moment he entered the meeting room, he could hear that some conversations were put on hold to greet him.

"Good morning sir!" a chorus of voices greeted him from all the workers in there.

"Good morning everyone!"

"Eh... popular as ever Namjoon." a laidback voice greeted.

"Would you act with a little more respect?" a more stiff and serious voice scolded the other.

"It's not like I need to stand up and salute him. He can't even see that!" and at this Namjoon heard sounds of chairs scrapping in the floor and a surprised yell of pain. He just smiled amused, because he was pretty sure that the laidback kid got pulled up from his chair by his ear.

"General, don't be too harsh on our Captain of Intelligence. You know that he's not that bright with tactful human interaction." Namjoon intervened.

"Why do I feel like I was insulted?" there was a pout in the captain's voice.

"Sir, thank you for the reminder." and definitelly there was a grin in the general's voice.

"Alright. Now let's get going with the serious bussiness. Just the two of you that will come here in person?"

"I'm afraid that's it sir."

"So check the connections of the holos and see if everyone is ready to connect." Namjoon instructed to the closer technician, that answered with a readily 'yes sir!'. The sound of fingers hitting keyboards could be heard until it was covered up by the distinc sound of the holos being . Soon, all the empty spots at the meeting table were taken by translucent human forms. They were perfect in visual quality and sound, but so much of them together made the already dim room look even more eery, like they were all creatures from another world.  Namjoon couldn't be bothered since he couldn't see, but his two companions shifted a little uncorfortable in their seats until they remembered themselves that everyone seated there was a friend.

"Alright gentlemen. And ladies." Namjoon started and corrected himself when he heard a cough comming from one of the females. "I assume you all have been hearing rummors or part of rummors about what's happening. Instead of letting everyone expose their theories, let me clear everything. You all know that the Sevens, our people, are being hunted down each time more. Our camp leaders' reports shows that each time less Sevens can reach safety," he said while looking to the general direction of the females, "and unfortunatelly, my visions doesn't show us anything better. More chaos, more blood and more pain will rise if we don't take a quicky action against our enemy."

"Excuse me. Everything you say is very valid, but who do you consider our 'enemy'? The army? The government? It's pretty much trying to go against the world." One of the holo males said.

"It's neither of them. And all of them."

"I think everyone here would appreciate if you be less cryptic Namjoon." the Captain said, frowning and slightest annoyed. "Just say it. Who are we against?"

"The Black Dragon."

The name made everyone dead silent. Just the mere mention in whispers of that name could bring shivers to the more fearless Seven. The Black Dragon organization was the very materialization of every nightmare for all of those born with the seventh sense. The normal people could ignore them and even be oblivious to their existence. But not if you're a Seven. And when the information seemd to finally dawn into everyone, the room exploded into questions and shouts.

"We all knew you are never really normal, but going against the Black Dragon?! Do you want to kill us all?!" one of the males made his point be heard by the others, being also very rude while doing it.

"I suggest to be more respectful towards your superior, Liutenant." the General came into Namjoon's defense, also quickly getting up from his chair and glaring the other male down.

"Peace my friends, peace." Namjoon placated both men "I apreciate the faith General. And I would apreciate even more if all of you also had the same faith the General has. I would never bring such matter up if I was on the dark about it." he said, smiling about his own pun in the end.

"Does those cyrillic letters you draw me two days ago have something to do with it?"

"Clever as ever Captain. Indeed they have. Were you able to get their meaning?"

"We had to dig some information, but we got a name. Vladivostok." after hearing that, Namjoon turned to where he knew the rest of the people were seated.

"That my friends, is the beggining of our journey."

"Care to explain sir?" one of the female asked.

"Since last month I have been having very... disturbing and worrisome visions. All of them were about bad omens and I couldn't see anything else besides the same destruction day after day. Untill two days ago, when I finally saw hope. After that, some other things also became more clear to me. Who we were against and what would be our oportunity. Something will happen to the Black Dragons. Something big, that will allow us to make a move and change our situation. To do this, first we need to find five special individuals, and they probably will bring me more of the answers we need."

"Then what do we do? How do we find them?" the Liutenant frowned.

"As usual, everything was cryptic, but I got those cylliric letters, and our Intelligence team managed to bring out a name out of it. And if my instincs are right, it's a city. The city where we will start looking." and while saying this Namjoon waved towards the table in front of him, and on cue a holographic map showed up, quickly zooming from the globe to a port city in the Pacific Russian coast.

"The question now, ladies and gentlemen, is if you will board on this with me." Namjoon completed his speech facing everyone, while calmly resting his hands on his cane.

"You can always count on me and my team sir!" the General was the first one to get up and put his fist over his heart.

"Yeah, yeah... Me too. Let's get going with this." the Captain lazily wavered while also getting up. Soon, one by one everyone of the holos got up and claimed their allegiance one more time. Hearing their voices, Namjoon just smiled satisfied.

"Let's get down to bussiness!"

 

authors note

-cue to that Mulan song- /run/
Heya guys! A prologue for you! I probably would not update anymore story parts until the actual start of the story, but I will be doing reviews... if you guys send your apps to me. xD The deadline is DECEMBER 16TH, and if no one sends any app until then, oh well, it means this story will not go foward :(
On a lighter note, I hope I gave you a better insight on Namjoon and on what's happening. Also, if you're curious about Namu, this is how he looks. His form, appearance and color was chose by Namjoon's bestie, the -mysterious- Doctor. x3 (This is actually a hint on who I want to be the doctor's face... ;3)
Well, that's it! See you soon, I hope! One month and half until the the deadline!