Epilogue

Exchange Student

A/N: If you guys are wondering, yes I did change the title of this story. It was 'Who Are You?' but I thought 'Exchange Student' would fit the title and the story more better. Hope you guys enjoy this epilogue.

-Allister

 

A calm summer day. Sun was brightly shining throughout all of South Korea. A student immersed herself into the cool cold water of a pool. She dove in with grace and let her body be engulfed by the cold liquid that surrounds her. She crossed her legs as she sunk to the bottom of the pool slowly and she was great at holding in her breath, so she wasn’t panicking at all. She closed her eyes and when it was time to get some air, she pushed herself up with her feet. As soon as she resurfaced, she gasped for air but it felt refreshing to her. She swam to the edge of the pool and pushed herself up to sit at the ledge. The girl was greeted by her best friend holding up a towel for her to use.

“Were you practicing?” The best friend asked as she handed the towel to the girl.

“No, I just felt like going in today. It’s kind of hot.” The girl dried herself and wrapped the towel around her wet hair.

“Oh, yeah I agree. So I webcammed with Fany yesterday and she said my English is getting better. But Jessica was also in the room with Fany and she told me your English is still terrible. You have a thick accent Jessica says.” The best friend broke out in a laughing fit, clenching her stomach.

“Shut up Taeng! I am still trying. We get to be the exchange students for once. It’s hard learning another language.” Yuri shoved Taeyeon lightly to make the other girl stop laughing.

“Don’t be a baby Yul. Both Jessica and Tiffany knows English and Korean. Also I heard that the girls are taking up another language to learn. Jessica is learning Mandarin and Fany is learning Japanese. Those girls are so impressive.”

“Yeah they are. I can’t wait to see Sica again.” Yuri smiled at the thought of her and Jessica seeing each other face to face. Yuri and Taeyeon stayed in touch with the American girls. They would write letters to each other and when they weren’t busy, they would webcam. It has been a couple of months since they departed. Tiffany and Jessica left them with pamphlets for an exchange program that their school does for international student, if they want to see what America schools are like. Taeyeon and Yuri were very lucky to be selected for the program and they just needed to sharpen their English skills. Taeyeon was a bit better then Yuri because Yuri had a hard time pronouncing certain letters.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

It is the finally the day where Yuri and Taeyeon are boarding the plane. It was a long flight and when they arrived at the foreign country to them, it was already late in the afternoon already. The two Koreans didn’t want to trouble the American girls by having them drive to the airport late at night. Yuri and Taeyeon decided to just take a taxi to the girls’ house. Lucky for them, Jessica and Tiffany lived on the same street just a couple of houses away from each other. The Jung family and Hwang family allowed the two exchange students to live under their roof because they took care of their daughters while they were exchange students in Korea. Yuri was dropped off first and was amazed how the structure of buildings were different in Korea. Yuri bid Taeyeon far well and they all planned to meet up tomorrow anyways. Yuri was nervous and hesitant to ring the doorbell. She didn’t know if she had to speak English or if it was okay to speak in Korean. She finally had enough courage to ring the doorbell.

*Ding Dong*

“I will get it.” Somebody called out from beyond the door. It was said in English and that made Yuri tense up. “Who is it?”

Yuri stumbled on her words and nothing came out of . There was a moment of silence and Yuri could her the clicking of the door being unlocked. There stood a black haired girl who was almost the same height as her. She didn’t know who she was and she was about to turn around thinking she might have the wrong door.

“Are you Kwon Yuri?” This time the girl answered in Korean. Yuri nodded in response. The girl smiled at her and turned her head to the side. “UNNIE!”

Unnie?! Who is she calling unnie? Yuri cocked her eyebrow but it soon fell once she laid eyes on the girl who was missing from her life. There she was the ice-princess walking down the stairs. Her hair was no longer blonde, it was chestnut brown. Wow so gorgeous. “Kwon Yuri?” The sound of an angel. Yuri just stared at Jessica as she approached her. The dark haired girl gave a confused look as she stared at Yuri who was staring at her sister.

“Unnie, she is weird.” The dark haired girl whispered in English.

“Yah Krystal don’t say that.” Jessica scolded her sister.

“Y-You guys are sisters. Why is she so much taller than you Sica?” Yuri glanced back and forth between the Jung sisters. Jessica smacked Yuri on the shoulder. “Ouch! Sica, why?”

“That’s all you have to say when we haven’t seen each other in several months.” Jessica pouted and crossed her arms to her chest.

Cute~ Yuri grinned at the playful Jessica in front of her. “I am sorry Sica.”

“Ew yuck. I think I might puke at this cheesiness that I am witnessing.” Krystal said from behind the couple. Jessica shot a glare at her sister. “Your glares don’t work on me Unnie.” Krystal ran away before Jessica got to say anything more.

“I told you I had a sister, dummy.” Jessica faced Yuri once again.

“I know, I forgot, sorry.” Yuri nervously said.

Yuri saw introduced to Jessica’s family, and they were happy to have her stay in their house. She settled in the guest room that is right next to Jessica’s room, just in case she ever needed anything. After a very long flight she ate dinner with them but barely got any sleep at night, due to jetlag. America was different from Korea, and the one thing that Yuri was scared of was the communication, but she was going to try her best without relying on Jessica so much.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

The next day Yuri, Jessica, Tiffany, and Taeyeon all met up to have breakfast together at a cafe. They were grateful that it was a Saturday, so they got to spend some time together before Yuri and Taeyeon got a taste of what high school is like in America. The two Koreans had to spend a month in the States. Taeyeon was trying her best in speaking in English and she was doing quite well except for Yuri. Yuri still had a hard time and sometimes she would switch from English to Korean in the same sentence. Jessica and Tiffany kept giggling at her which wasn’t helping at all.

“You are terrible.” Taeyeon teased.

“Shut. Up.” Yuri sulked in her seat.

“It’s okay Yul.” Jessica tried to suppress her giggled and tried to comfort Yuri.

Yuri groaned. “You guys are mean and no help at all.”

“Well if you took the English lessons seriously then you wouldn’t have a problem.” Tiffany chimed in the conversation.

Yuri again groaned.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

The beginning of the school days started on Monday and all the exchange students were causing an uproar in the school. All the American students were happy to see different ethnicities entering the school grounds and attending classes with them. Yuri stuck with Jessica like a puppy, following the ice-princess everywhere. All the students were surprised that Yuri was a tan Korean comparing her to Jessica and Tiffany, the well-known Koreans at their high school. Both Jessica and Tiffany had milky white skin even though they have lived in America for all their life.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Before they knew it, it was already their last week in America. It was a bittersweet feeling for everybody. The Jung’s loved having Yuri around, and same applied to the Hwang’s with Taeyeon. Yuri didn’t want to part from Jessica again.

“Can we go somewhere Sica?” Yuri asked as she entered Jessica’s room.

Jessica looked up from her laptop and gave her a smile. “Sure.”

Jessica drove late at night while Yuri was giving her directions on where to go. Jessica kept questioning if Yuri was sure on where they were going. Jessica kept driving up a hill and there were no street light or any source of lights on the road at all. They reached a dead end on the road and Jessica started to get upset at Yuri because she wasn’t telling her anything. “YURI!” She looked at the tan girl in the passenger’s seat.

“Calm down Sica. We could park here and we just have to walk up a bit.”

“WHAT?! Are you insane Kwon Yuri? How the hell did you find this place?”

“Krystal told me about it. She said I should take you here before I leave. Come on. I have a flashlight so we will be fine.” Yuri calmly said and exited out of Jessica’s car.

Jessica was left dumbfounded but still complied with Yuri’s request. They walked up the hill some more with Jessica clinging onto Yuri’s arm securely. It was dark and the only thing they could see was what was in front of them because of the flashlight that Yuri was holding.

“I am so going to kill you Kwon Yuri if something scared me.” Jessica said under her breath.

Yuri heard Jessica clearly and she giggled at her statement. The ground started to get flat and they went closer to the fence. Jessica was speechless of what she saw. The city lights of Los Angeles were shining brightly in the dark night. She could see all the tall buildings and ever the ‘Hollywood’ sign in the far distance.

“Pretty, huh?” Krystal told me that the view was amazing from here. You could see all of Los Angeles.” Yuri looked at the amazed ice-princess next to her.

“Wow. It is amazing.” Jessica eyes sparkled at the incredible view in the vast distance in front of her. It was too beautiful to not admire it. Yuri kept her eyes on Jessica and the ice princess could feel the tan girl’s stares. “Yuri, why are you staring at me?”

“Because I think your face is the best view that my eyes ever laid eyes on.” Yuri smiled at gave a light kiss to Jessica’s temple.

Jessica blushed at the sudden compliment even though she has been getting them for the past month by Yuri. They would even steal kisses with each other. “So cheesy. No wonder Krystal likes to make fun of us.” Jessica intertwined hands with Yuri.

Yuri got behind Jessica and wrapped herself around the ice princess as she stared out to the city view. Yuri rested her head on Jessica’s shoulder. “I don’t want to leave.” She said softly.

“I don’t want that either.” Jessica huffed.

They both stayed like that to enjoy the moment and the time they had together.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Several months have passed since Yuri’s time in America. She and Jessica still talk a lot. Today is also the day where Yuri is graduating high school. All her friends were going to through a party at Taeyeon’s place because it was the most spacious. They wanted to celebrate the accomplishment of high school. The doorbell rang and they all looked at Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon, everybody is here already. Who else did you invite?” Sunny asked with a questionable look.

Taeyeon smiled at everybody. “Some old friends.” She got up and called out. “Come in!”

Everybody’s eyes widen at the three people standing in the doorway. They entered the house with big smiles on their face.

“SICA!” Yuri was the first one to shout and run towards the girl she missed so much. It was truly a surprise when they saw Jessica, Tiffany, and Krystal. Everybody heard about Krystal through Yuri and Taeyeon when they got back from their time in America. Everybody was so happy to greet the American girls and to be able to see them again.

“My family decided to relocate here to Seoul after I graduated high school. So I will be going to college with everybody and Krystal will finish up here schooling.” Jessica explained.

“My family is still in America but they allowed me to go to college here as long as I stay with the Jung’s.” Tiffany gave them here famous eye-smile.

Everybody was happy to hear that. It was a surprise so the only one that knew was Taeyeon because she planned all this to happen. Yuri was upset that she didn’t know but she was happy to have Jessica back physically. Yuri was ecstatic that she got to meet Jessica, looking back on how they met and what they had to go through to be together again.

 

THE END

 

A/N: It might seem like a simple ending to some or maybe all of you but I actually had writer's block when writing this Epilogue. I was about to give up but some many of you wanted an Epilogue. I couldn't let you guys down so this is what I came up with. I hope readers like this. It was a pure sweet ending for YulSic and that is what I wanted for this story. Thank you for everybody who stuck around. It means a lot to me as a rookie fanfic writer. I hope you guys enjoy my other writings in the future. Comment and Upvote if you guys liked this story. I would greatly appreciate it! :)

-Allister