1 Month

Exchange Student

Yuri walked soullessly after her cry fest by herself. She kept bumping into people on the street but she didn’t care. The only thing that was on her mind was Jessica Jung, the unknown ice princess. Yuri didn’t understand her feelings at all whether it was love or just plain curiosity. Her phone broke her out of her thoughts and she stop to sit on the bus stop bench. She didn’t bother on checking the caller I.D, so she picked up her phone casually.

“KWON YURI WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?! ARE YOU IN INSANE TRYING TO CHEAT ON HARA?! WHAT THE HELL?!” The caller practically yelled Yuri’s ears out. Yuri reluctantly pulled the phone from her ear so she doesn’t go deaf.

“What the Kim Taeyeon?! You are going to make me deaf stupid!”

“NO! No in way you are going to turn this conversation around to me! Now, answer my motherin’ questions.”

“Shut up and stay out of my business. And how the did you know about our almost kiss.”

“KISS?! WHAT KISS?! Fany only told me you tried hitting on Jessica!”

“How did Tiffany know?!”

“Kwon Yuri you are a complete idiot! They dorm together duh. They are roommates. Fany said Jessica came home in tears and she blames you!”

“Sica…” Yuri hung up the call from Taeyeon and she couldn’t wait for the bus, so she decided to run all the way to the dorms.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Her breath was shorten and she was coughing constently trying to regulate her breathing pattern. She walked to the front desk of the dorm’s lobby because she didn’t know what room Jessica and Tiffany’s room is. Yuri told the security that she is the exchange student’s partner and she needed to check on her. Yuri tried calming herself and thinking what she was going to say to the ice princess. She knocked on the door just loud enough for somebody to hear on the other side.

“Who is it?” It was definitely Tiffany’s voice. Yuri didn’t want to say anything so she just kept knocking. “I am not opening my door unless you tell me who it is.” Yuri sighed in defeat.

“It is me Tiffany, Kwon Yuri. Can I please take to Sica?” Yuri was opening the girl would open the door.

“Hold on, give a second. I will open it.” Yuri grinned when she heard the answer she wanted to hear. She was going to apologize to Jessica as soon as possible and beg for the blonde to forgive her. Yuri could hear the click on the locks and the door knobbed twisted. She still smiled as she was greeted by an eye-smile from Tiffany. Yuri opened to greet the other girl but was shoved by Tiffany harshly. Yuri was taken back because she didn’t expect the strength of Tiffany. Yuri’s smile dropped by Tiffany was still smiling at her. For some reason the smile on Tiffany’s face seemed dangerously evil. Tiffany closed the door to her and Jessica’s room and it was just her and Yuri standing outside. Yuri was a bit confused.

“Tiffany, is everything okay? Is Sica not home?” Yuri was concerned but was confused at the same time. Tiffany was making her feel uncomfortable.

“She is home. Why do you ask?” Tiffany’s smiling face was still creeping Yuri out.

Yuri gulped her invisible salvia in . “I-I would l-like t-to speak with h-her if that i-is okay. I m-made a mistake a-and I want to a-apologize…” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck and looked down. She was nervous wreck. Yuri didn’t hear a response from Tiffany for a minute so she looked up. Tiffany was still smiling at Yuri but she didn’t answer her. “T-Tiffany?”

Tiffany looked straight at Yuri, locking her eyes with her own and she dropped her smile to a blank one. Yuri had this uneasy feeling about Tiffany’s sudden facial expression. Suddenly Yuri found herself on the floor holding her cheek. The impact was really strong, and Yuri was really surprised at Tiffany’s brute strength.

“Stay away from Jessica, Kwon Yuri or else next time it won’t be a slap! It will be my fist!” Tiffany raised her voice at the athlete. “SECURITY!” A security guard came running up to the scene. “Make sure Kwon Yuri is escorted out of this building and to never enter this building again either! She ually harassed my roommate Jessica Jung! She is in our room crying her eyes out right this minute!” Tiffany pointed at Yuri angrily. Yuri’s eyes widen at the shock of the confession and was dragged up to her feet by the guard.

“Ms. Kwon, you need to leave.” The guard pulled Yuri by her wrist but Yuri’s eyes was still glued to the pissed off Tiffany.

“TIFFANY THAT ISN’T EVEN TRUE! HEY!” Yuri shouted at the top of her lungs, but Tiffany ignored the girl. Tiffany opened her door and shot a death glare at Yuri before slamming her dorm door shut. “Jessica I am sorry! Jessica! JESSICA JUNG! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Sir she is lying. I care about Jessica, please. Please let me go.” Yuri tried to get out of the grip of the guard but it was no use. The guard was completely ignoring her. The guard shoved Yuri out of the dorm buildings. Yuri stumbled on the ground and she was about to rush back into the building only to be met by a phone in her face. She heard a click noise from the phone.

“I took a picture of you so the other staff knows not to let you in. I will also be reporting this to the school faculty members and the principle of your unforgivable actions.” The guard sternly said to Yuri and gave her a death glare as well.

“No please! Tiffany Hwang is lying! I didn’t do anything to Jessica.” Yuri pleaded on her knees.

“Then how do explain me seeing Ms. Jessica Jung crying as she ran through the lobby all the way to her room.”

Yuri wanted to disregard the guard’s statements but she couldn’t. He even saw her cry. Jessica was really hurt.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

On Monday, Yuri was called into the principal’s office. She waited outside the office because the principle was busy talking to somebody else. The office door opened revealing Tiffany and Jessica. Yuri eye’s followed Jessica’s but the girl didn’t even acknowledge Yuri at all. Tiffany was glaring at Yuri though and the two walked away down the hall.

“Kwon Yuri.” She heard the principle call her name. She got up and stepped in the office and was greeted by three people staring at her intently. The guard from the dorms, named Mr. Choi, the principle of the school, Mr. Lee, and Ms. Kwon herself. She had to be there because she was the one to assign Yuri as Jessica’s chaperone.  Yuri bowed to show respect and sat on the chair in front of them. She kept her head down and waited for one of the adults to start talking.

“Kwon Yuri, please tell us your side of the story.” Mr. Lee folded his hands on his desk waiting for Yuri to speak up. Yuri told them everything that happened on Saturday from the beginning then leading up to the incident at the dorms. “So Ms. Jung already had reminded you that you were in a relationship with someone, yet you tried to kiss her?” Yuri nodded. Yuri heard a sigh come from Mr. Lee and a scoff from Ms. Kwon. “Yuri, you do understand I must take action.” Another nod from Yuri. “Okay, you are hear by benched from your upcoming swim competition and are relieved of your duty as chaperone of Ms. Jung.” Yuri looked up at Mr. Lee miserably. She didn’t think she was going to be punished really badly. “You and Jessica do not share any classes with each other anymore. I switched her schedule around and you are not to enter the school dorms until the end of the month.” Yuri looked down at the ground, she wanted to cry. She couldn’t even apologize to Jessica properly and she knew that the princess would just ignore her. “You may leave.”

Yuri lifelessly exited the office and walked down the halls. She knows that other students started to gossip as soon as they saw her but she didn’t care. She could care less about the rumors spreading. She opened the door to the classroom and everybody froze in there spot. The all stared at Yuri. Yuri was blocked from going to her seat by her midget best friend who didn’t look to happy.

“What Kim Taeyeon? Came to yell at me too?”

“Hell yes Kwon Yuri! I am no longer Tiffany’s chaperone because of you!”

“What?! Why?! How?!”

“Because ! You ually harassed Jessica Jung and everybody knows I am best friends with you. So they took me off the chaperone list because Tiffany said she didn’t want to see your face! They even took off Hyoyeon because Victoria is scared she might get ually harassed. Our friends are mad at you! I am mad at you! Thanks a bunch Yuri, we really liked having the exchange students around.”

“I didn’t ually harass Jessica!” Yuri shoved Taeyeon.

“You told me on Saturday that you tried to kiss Jessica!” Taeyeon shoved Yuri in return. Both girls grabbed each other’s clothes collar, ready to fight one another.

Gasp was heard throughout the room at what they just heard. Yuri and Taeyeon were startled by books hitting the grown. Both of the girls saw where the sound came from. A girl was standing on the door listening to the girl’s fighting. They both had wide eyes at the stunned girl.

“H-Hara….?” Yuri quietly said. Yuri could see hurt in Hara’s face. Hara ran down the hall. Yuri let go of Taeyeon to run after her girlfriend. “Hara!” Yuri tried to call out but it was no use. She was also ignoring Yuri. Yuri followed Hara to their usual lunch spot and guilt started to consume Yuri as heard her girlfriend’s sobs. “Hara?” Yuri slowly approached the crying girl.

“Stay away Kwon Yuri! I wasn’t going to believe what the other students were saying that you ually harassed Jessica but hearing that you tried to kiss her. I can’t believe you anymore!”

“Please Hara, I am sorry. It wasn’t my intention to hurt you but please don’t hate me. I have no one. Everybody is mad at me.” Yuri was on the verge of tears.

Hara whipped her tears away and faced Yuri. “You deserve it.” With that said Hara walked away from Yuri. Yuri fell to the ground and she couldn’t stop the tears anymore. Yeah it was true she did feel like she did deserve it. But now nobody is by her side. She has nobody to comfort her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Three weeks have passed and still nobody talks to Kwon Yuri. She and Hara had already broken up and her friends refuse to speak to her again. Yuri was trying to cope with everything. She would see Jessica sometimes but she would also receive death glares from Tiffany. Jessica and Tiffany were seen everywhere together. Both of the American girls looked like they wanted to kill everybody in the school and not give it a second thought. They had such a dark aura around them and you could only hear them speak if a teacher is speaking to them. Yuri was sitting at the garden eating her lunch. She didn’t try to rekindle her friendship with her friends because she didn’t want to force it. Yuri felt a presence sit next to her but Yuri didn’t bother looking at the person.

“Hey.” The person started the conversation first.

“Hey.”

“You look like these pass weeks.”

“I feel like these pass weeks.”

“Yeah well everybody still hates you.”

“I deserve the hate. That is what Hara said to me last.”

“I agree with Hara on that one.”

“Yay Kim Taeyeon why are you here? Are you trying to make me feel worse than I already am? You haven’t spoken to me in three weeks. Why the sudden conversation?”

“Well you could say I miss the tan monkey best friend, but you will never know if that is true or not.”

“Shut up midget.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “At least we won’t see the American girls anymore.”

Yuri looked at Taeyeon in confusion. She didn’t understand what Taeyeon was saying. “What?”

“Kwon Yuri are you serious right now. Did you forget that they were exchange students?”

“No I didn’t forget that they were exchange student. What does that have to do with me not seeing Jessica anymore?”

“Stupid!” Taeyeon flicked Yuri on the forehead, and Yuri groaned in response. “They are exchange students, not permanent students! They were on an exchange student program to visit a South Korean school for a month. That month is up and they leave tomorrow.”

“WHAT?!” Yuri sat up from the bench and eyes Taeyeon. “I have to see Jessica. I can’t let her leave with her hating me.”

“Seriously Kwon Yuri! How stupid can you get?! You have to get pass Tiffany in order to see Jessica again. And on top of that, I highly doubt Jessica wants to see your again after what you did to her.”

“I didn’t ually harass Jessica, Kim Taeyeon! How many in’ times do I have to explain myself?!”

“It doesn’t matter retard! You tried to come on to her when she didn’t even want you too!”

“I am not about to fight with you about this again!” Yuri ran away from Taeyeon. Yuri needed to see Jessica again. She needed to say sorry. She needed to please for forgiveness. She needed to tell her about her feelings. Yuri wanted to tell Jessica about everything.

 

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy this update. Tell me what you think about this chapter down in the comments sections. I want to thank all the subscribers who took an interest in my story. I am so happy! I am still a rookie at writing fanfics and I am trying. So I love hearing your guys feedback. It means a lot. I also wanted to bring up the topic of both Jessica's and Tiffany's solo debuts that is this month and I wanted to share my thoughts on that whole siutation. If anybody wants to comment about that topic, I don't mind hearing other people's opinions. Remember it is somebody else's opinion and everybody is intitled to their opinions. Whether you root for Jessica, or Tiffany, or maybe both, and that is all up to you as a fan on how you view yourself on supporting the artist. People are hating Jessica because she left the group to pursue fashion designing and she should have quit being a singer as soon as she left SNSD. People are hating Tiffany because they think she truely hates Jessica and is trying to sabotage Jessica's solo. People are hating SMent because they think it is all planned. All these hating fans are everywhere! It is super hard not to read an article about the rivarly or war that is going to happen between Jessica and Tiffany. I think I might have mentioned in last chapter's author notes that Jessica Sooyeon Jung is my ultimate kpop bias and I will forever view Girls Generation as a 9 member group. I was devasted when the news broke out two years ago that Jessica wasn't going to be in SNSD anymore but I made a decision as a SONE to support both SNSD as 8 members and Jessica herself. We as fans may never know the truth on what truely happened between them, and some people just have to except that fact. I have been into kpop since 2008 and I have viewed myself as a SONE since 2009. All in all I am super excited for BOTH Jessica's and Tiffany's solo debuts (mostly Jessica's though lol). If you guys hate me after reading this author's note then that is okay. I cant do anything about it, but you guys will miss out on my stories though. Lol. I am going to continue writing. Hope everybody has a splendid day! :)

-Allister