Chance

Exchange Student

Yuri was thinking about what Jessica had said to her yesterday after school. She barely got any sleep because Jessica’s words kept roaming around her head. She couldn’t shake off the feeling of wanting to know more about the ice princess. There she stand dead center in the middle of campus lost in thoughts.

“YURI!” Yuri finally snapped back to reality once she heard her girlfriend calling her name.

“H-Hara hey. Good morning.” Yuri rubbed the back of her neck as she turned to face her girlfriend.

“I’ve been calling your name for like 5 minutes now. Are you okay?” Hara had a concerned look on her face. “You ran out of the cafeteria yesterday when Ms. Kwon yelled at you. I was really worried. What happened to the exchange student?”

“Oh I’m sorry Hara, I didn’t get much sleep last night. I’m fine. Sica? Well I found her and I gave her a tour of the school just like Ms. Kwon said.”

Sica? Did Yul just call her Sica? I thought her name was Jessica Jung. Why does she have a nickname for her already?

“Hara are you okay? You’re spacing out?” Now it’s Yuri’s turn to be concerned.

“Huh? Oh yes, I am fine. Let’s go and we could walk each other to class.”

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri wasn’t focusing as much during class either. She just kept staring at the back of Jessica’s head throughout the day. Once the bell rang she mindlessly got up and waited for Jessica to be done packing her stuff so they could head out to the cafeteria. Yuri was like a walking zombie or more like a lost puppy. She was just basically following Jessica from behind. But before Yuri could come back to reality she didn’t realize Jessica had lead her outside of the campus to where the garden is held.

“Kwon Yuri.” There it is. That angelic voice that seems to bring Yuri to herself again.

“Sica? What are we doing here?” Yuri looked around her surrounding and they were indeed at the school’s garden.

“You are thinking about what I said yesterday, aren’t you? Don’t think too much about it.”

“How can I not, when I don’t even know what you mean. I want to know more about you Sica.”

*sighs* “Kwon Yuri you will regret it if you keep pushing the issue. We are civil. Don’t try to become best friends with me.” Jessica soon walked away from Yuri but Yuri didn’t follow. Yuri was left alone in the garden as her thoughts start to cloud her mind once again.

What is wrong with you Sica? Why won’t you let me in? “ARGH!” Yuri ruffled her hair in frustration. *sighs* Her rumbling stomach interrupted her thoughts, so she walked towards the campus building. Inside the cafeteria were all of her friends and she walked towards their usual table spot. But she didn’t see Jessica. Yuri started to panic when she didn’t see Jessica sitting at the table.

“Where is Sica?! I can’t find her!” Yuri pulled Taeyeon up from her sit.

“Whoa, chill out Yul. She is getting food with Fany over there.” Taeyeon pointed to the direction of the two American girls. They were indeed in line for food.

Yuri let a sigh of relief and she calmed her mind. “Sorry Tae. I don’t want to lose her again.” Taeyeon forgave Yuri’s sudden outburst. Yuri was then startled when slender arms wrapped around her waist from the back. It was Hara.

“What’s wrong babe? I heard you yelling”

“Sorry. I panicked when I didn’t see Sica here, but she is over there with Tiffany.”

Hara looked over to the direction that Yuri was seeing. There she saw Tiffany with another Korean-American girl. She had this cold aura that surround her when Hara laid eyes on her. As the two exchange students made their way to the table Hara mustered up a smile on her face. She was about to personally introduce herself because she hasn’t had the chance yet, until Yuri beat her to the punch first.

“Hey Sica, this is my girlfriend Gu Hara. Hara this is Sica my exchange student partner from America.” Both Hara and Jessica had their eyes on Yuri as she said that. Hara then looked away from Yuri and had an intense stare at Jessica while Jessica was still staring at Yuri and Yuri focused her gaze back at Jessica. Jessica cleared her thought and looked to Hara with an expressionless face.

“Jessica Jung. The only reason your girlfriend calls me ‘Sica’ is because she can’t say my name correctly.” Jessica walked away from the couple and sat next to Tiffany.

“Is that true?” Hara looked at Yuri with worried eyes.

“Y-Yeah. ‘Sica’ is easier then saying Jeshika.” Yuri didn’t know why Jessica needed to explain why she calls her ‘Sica’ but it made her have an uneasy feeling inside. Hara on the other hand felt relief because she was about to start drama with Yuri if she was starting to get close to the exchange student. Hara’s opinion of Jessica was a cold-hearted expressionless person. She didn’t go far in thinking Jessica was a ‘’ because she wasn’t about to bad-mouth a person that far. Hara was still feared Yuri and Jessica always being together.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

The final bell rang and students are going out to head home for the weekend.

“Sica, can I walk you home?” Yuri approached Jessica by tapping on the girl’s shoulder lightly.

Jessica gave Yuri and icy glare and it was the first time Yuri has ever seen it. Yuri gulped nervously and rubbed the back of her neck trying not to meet Jessica’s brown eyes.

“Jess! TaeTae is taking me to the book store. See you later.” Tiffany called out breaking the tension that was happening to them. Tiffany and Taeyeon were already good friends as they walked out together.

“Kwon Yuri. Looks like you get what you want.” Jessica slung her bag over her shoulder leaving Yuri dazed. Yuri began trailing Jessica from behind as she led the way. Yuri was like a lost puppy. Most students were jealous that Yuri got to follow the ice princess around. They got to the dorms that some exchange students and other students who live far away got to stay in as well. Jessica bowed to Yuri and turned around to go inside the dorms building but she felt a hand on her wrist.

“Wait Sica. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out tomorrow since its Saturday. We could go out to lunch or maybe watch a movie. Whatever you want to do, I will let you choose.” Yuri still kept her hand on Jessica’s wrist while the other had rubbing the back of her neck. Jessica already knew when Yuri was nervous that is the gesture she would do. She turned around to face the nervous wreck in front of her. Yuri was obviously avoiding the ice princess’s stare though.

“Kwon Yuri…” Yuri finally meet Jessica’s brown eyes with hers.

A voice of an angel to match her beautiful face. Yuri was in awe with slightly open. She wanted to hear Jessica talk more.

 “I told you we can’t be friends, remember?” Crack. If only that sounds was something Yuri could hear at the moment Jessica had said that. But it would be too painful to bear if she did really hear it. It was the sound of Yuri’s heart cracking a little bit because it hurt when Jessica didn’t want Yuri near her at all. Yuri wanted to know this girl so badly but she wasn’t getting anywhere. There is something there when Yuri looks at Jessica. Yuri really wanted to know what it was. Jessica was shutting her out. Yuri didn’t know what to do. Jessica pried Yuri’s hand off her wrist as she walked inside the dorms. Jessica wasn’t about to wait for Yuri to give her an answer because Yuri’s silence spoke millions to Jessica. To Yuri everything was in slow motion as she watched Jessica walk away from her. Yuri wanted to say don’t go but no words came out. Her mind couldn’t form a sentence for her to say properly. Yuri clenched her hands into a fist and closed her eyes shut. Tears were threatening to fall on her cheeks.

“Sica do you hate me?!” She yelled out as she waited for an answer from the princess. Yuri opened her eyes and she could see Jessica still walking down the hall until she stopped to open the door to her dorm. Yuri’s cheeks were wet as the tears flowed slowly from her eyes. “I take that as a yes then.”

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Tiffany got back to her dorm after her outing with Taeyeon and was greeted by Jessica gloomily writing in a journal. Jessica hadn’t notice Tiffany has walked in their dorm yet.

“Jess. What happened?” Tiffany asked softly as she walked towards Jessica’s bed. Jessica stopped writing but she didn’t look up to meet Tiffany face to face.

“Kwon Yuri is what happened.” Jessica slowly looked up at Tiffany. Jessica eyes were puffy and red. It was concluded that she had been crying. “Tiffany nodded to Jessica’s obvious answer and sat on her bed. Tiffany caressed her best friend’s cheeks with her hands.

“Don’t do this Jess. She seems like she cares about you.” Jessica only nodded. Tiffany got up and went inside their bathroom. Jessica picked up her phone so she could text her partner.

[TO: Kwon Yuri

I am sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to ignore you.]

Yuri was blankly staring at her ceiling still thinking about her ice princess. She felt a vibration near her and letting her know it was her phone. She looked at her phone and unconsciously had a smile on her face. She read the text and began to reply.

[TO: Sica

It’s okay. I understand and I forgive you already.]

[FROM: Sica

Does the offer still stand for tomorrow?]

[TO: Sica

Yes it does.]

[FROM: Sica

Pick me up at 12 so we could eat lunch, then take me the movies, and lastly I want to go see the cherry blossoms at night.]

[TO: Sica

YES! Anything my princess wants. Can’t wait! :)]

Yuri was jumping up and down from her bed as she sent her last text message. She was extremely happy at the sudden turn of events.

“ YES! Finally she is giving me a chance!”

“KWON YURI BE QUIET!!! IT IS ALREADY LATE!!!”

Yuri was too happy that she didn’t mind her parents yelling at her for yelling happily.

 

A/N: What do you guys think of this chapter? Let me know your guy's thoughts on my writing or the way this story is going so far. I would love to hear some feedback. Some of you guys find it interetsing, please elaborate some more. What is interesting about it? Is the story interesting? Is Jessica interesting? Or me as an author is interesting? Lol. I'm just kidding. No pressure on writing comments. I am still a noob at writing fanfics but I thought it would be fun to give it a try. I wrote two JeTi one shots if any of my viewers hasn't read those yet. Check them out. I will try to update soon, I kind of want the next chapter to be long but you guys will know once I post it. Lol. Stress~

-Allister