Introduction

Exchange Student

“It sure is hot today. School hasn’t even started yet and I already want to go home.” This tan girl complained as she was fanning herself with a notebook.

“Hey, I heard the other teachers talking about how some of the A/C system in a couple of classrooms are broken. That’s why it’s hot here.” This shorter girl sitting next to the tan girl replied.

“Are you in’ kidding me? I have to sit in the English class for an hour and a half sweating my off. That is just fantastic. Nothing, and I mean nothing can make my day now.” The tan girl ranted and folded her arms to her chest.

“Damn Kwon Yuri, what side of the bed did you wake up on? Or did mother-nature visit you this morning? Hahaha!” The short girl started nudging Yuri on her side.

“YAH! Kim Taeyeon do you want to die?!” Yuri started punching Taeyeon on the shoulder.

“Sorry. I’m sorry. Hahaha.” Taeyeon kept teasing. Until somebody slammed their hands on the desk by them gaining the attention of the two bickering best friends.

“Why do you guys keep fighting like children?” Another shorter girl appeared in front of them.

“Sunny, you know better than anyone that Yuri and I are like siblings. Of course we fight.” Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

Sunny rolled her eyes in response. “Whatever. Well at least keep it down. I could hear you guys argue down the hall outside. Anyways, I heard we are getting exchange students today.”

Yuri started to text somebody on her phone and wasn’t listening to what Sunny and Taeyeon were talking about. A small smile formed on her face as she read the text to herself.

[FROM: Hara<3

I will see you at the usual spot. I made you a boxed lunch too.]

[TO: Hara<3

Really babe? Can’t wait to see you.]

Suddenly the door opened up. It was there English teacher Ms. Boa Kwon, but everybody calls her Ms. Kwon. Yuri hid her phone inside her bag as quickly as possible and everybody started to straighten up in their seat or fix their desk. Ms. Kwon was a great English teacher but sometimes she could get really serious, it’s almost terrifying.

“Listen up class. I am sure everybody knows this by now, with all the gossip going around this morning. We have two new exchange students for the U.S. I need two other students to chaperone them.” Ms. Kwon started looking around the room. Nobody raised their hands because nobody knew who the exchange students were. They didn’t know whether they were boys or girls. If they were delinquents or nerds. None of the students didn’t want to take that chance of chaperoning an unknown person. “Alright then, if that is how you guys want to play. I will randomly choose two students then and once I choose these two lucky candidates, you must stay with the exchange students at all times. The lucky ones that I choose are Kim Taeyeon and Kwon Yuri.” Ms. Kwon looked straight at the two girls in the back. The two girls’ eyes widen at Ms. Kwon’s statement. Yuri groaned in frustration and banged her head on her desk.

“Why me? Why do I have to babysit some foreign student?” Yuri mumbled into her desk. Taeyeon was dumb struck but she didn’t really care. She shrugged her shoulders and proceeded to listen to Ms. Kwon’s next statement.

“It is settled then. Taeyeon and Yuri will be the chaperones. You may come in now.” Ms. Kwon called out and the door slide open, revealing the rumored exchange students. All the students were speechless as two beautiful females strolled to the front of the room. One student had red hair and was giving everybody an eye-smile that could melt somebody’s heart. The other girl was blond and had an expressionless face but her beauty was still admirable. “Please introduce yourselves to the class girls.”

The red head went first and bowed then flashed her cute eye-smile. “My name is Tiffany Hwang. I hope we could be friends.” She giggled and all the male students went crazy. They started cheering and howling like a dog.

“QUIET DOWN YOU ANIMALS!” Ms. Kwon slapped a ruler on her desk and everybody was silenced once again. “Next we have.”

“I am Jessica Jung.” She bowed slyly and stared off to the wall in back. All the students were fixated at Jessica because she had such a cold demeanor with voice of an angel. Everybody wanted to hear her speak again but her face was unchanged.

Yuri looked up as soon as she heard Jessica’s introduction. What an angelic voice. But why does she look like a . I hope I get the other exchange student. What’s her name again? Tippani or something. Whatever I will just ask her again.  

“Ms. Hwang you will be partnered up with Kim Taeyeon who is in the back. You may ask her anything you want and the principle also set you guys up on the same schedule for classes.” Ms. Kwon handed Tiffany her schedule and had Taeyeon raise her hand. Tiffany walked towards the seat in front of Taeyeon because it was vacant. All the students were gawking at her beauty. Some of the males regretted not raising their hands when Ms. Kwon asked for two chaperones.

Yuri gritted her teeth as she watched Tiffany and Taeyeon personally exchange names and shake hands. Kim Taeyeon I hate you! Why is this happening to me? That means I get paired up with the ice princess over there instead of this bubbly eye-smile chick. This ice princess is going to be the death of me.

“Ms. Jung your partner is Kwon Yuri. Same thing as you. Yuri will be your guide and you both will have the same classes.” Yuri slowly raised her hand when Ms. Kwon told her to do so. Jessica bowed to Ms. Kwon and made her way to the vacant seat in front of Yuri.

“Hi my name is Kwon Yuri.” Yuri stuck out her hand hoping she would shake it.

Jessica turned her body around and glared at Yuri intensely. “Jessica Jung.” Then she turned back around to give Ms.Kwon her full attention as the class lesson was about to start.

This doesn’t care about my existence at all. Yuri’s hand wasn’t even touched by Jessica. She left her hand hanging in mid-air and stared at the back of Jessica’s head. Then a note was placed on her desk and she began to read it.

[Sorry about Jess’s icy personality. She doesn’t really like meeting new people. But I hope we could all be friends :)]

Yuri looked at the person who passed her the note. It was Tiffany. She waved at Yuri and gave her a small smile then bowed. Tiffany then started to pay attention to Ms.Kwon’s lecture. Yuri averted her eyes to Ms.Kwon and folded her arms on her chest. This day could not get any worse than it already is. I have to babysit this ice princess. Just my in’ luck.

 

A/N: This is a short introduction chapter and this is suppose to get the ball rolling. Lol. So tell me what you guys think so far. Comment please. Yuri is already having a hard time dealing with Jessica's personality huh. I hope you guys like this. I am already in the process of writing chapter two so stay tune.

-Allister