Saviour

Rendezvous: In the Heart of the Ocean
SAVIOUR
Chapter 3
 
"Alpha 2, ready to barge in the dorms."

 

Bang!

 

The doors are kicked by the soldiers and Yoona flinched. Yoona raises both of her hands, slightly shaking.

 

"Don't worry; we're here to save you." One of the soldiers says. Yoona stares at them and sighs in relief, "Really? Y-you're going to take us all home?"

 

"Yes. Please follow me to the boat. Hurry!" The soldier says and Yoona follows him from behind. When they reach at the boat, Yoona shuts her eyes tight and inhales the breeze. She looks around her and cries in happiness.

 

"Please get in the boat, miss."

 

Yoona looks everywhere on the boat, "M-my friend is not here. She's still inside!" The soldier pats her shoulder gently, "We'll find your friend. Please get in the boat first."

 

The soldier attaches a metal wire to a belt and wraps it around Yoona's waist. "Jump. Control your downfall by pushing your legs to the ship."

 

Yoona looks down with her jaw slightly opened. Oh boy, isn't this ship big and tall? Yoona closes her eyes and jumps, doing exactly like she was told by the soldier. She closes her eyes and soon, she feels her body is held by someone.

 

Yoona opens her eyes and sighs in relief when she already reaches the boat and her body was caught by the soldier who's on duty on the boat. "Are you the marine?" She asks and he nods. He detaches her belt and puts it in a bag, "You're safe now." 

 

                                                                                                          

 

Chanyeol opens the door and both of them get inside, locking themselves at the lowest level. Eunjin lies against the wall and let her body slowly falls onto the floor.

 

Chanyeol stares at her and kneels in front of her, "Are you alright?" Eunjin nods.

 

"The time machine was done... I mean... Will be done in year 2044. I came from 2046, two years after your machine was built."

 

Eunjin stares at him.

 

"Actually... You're the one who sent me here." Chanyeol says. Eunjin frowns, "I did?" He nods, "You wanted me to warn yourself."

 

"About what, Chanyeol?"

 

"About the betrayal. The person who betrayed you... He killed your husband." Chanyeol looks down, slowly sitting down beside her with his legs crossed.

 

"My husband? I'll get married?" Eunjin asks and he nods. "Before you get your diploma."

 

"Who betrayed... Will betray me?" She asks, staring at him. Chanyeol stares back at her, "Be careful with Kim Jongin."

 

"Kim... Jongin..." Eunjin looks down and her hair falls from her ear. Chanyeol fixes her hair, making her shocked. Chanyeol stares at her unexplainably. He caresses her hair and her head before gently caressing her left cheek.

 

"I miss you..."

 

Eunjin froze. She wants to talk but she just couldn't. His stares are almost... intense yet lovingly, making Eunjin's heart beats faster than her heart supposed to be in a neutral state. She's not even running, but yet she realises that she's holding her breath.

 

"I miss you so much..."

 

There it is... The weird feeling in her stomach. She whispers, "Who are you?"

 

Chanyeol smiles, "Can you promise me something?"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Promise me you won't trust Kim Jongin."

 

"What did he do?" Eunjin asks. Chanyeol sighs, "He almost sabotaged your time machine but I stopped him just in time."

 

"Promise me you won't trust Kim Jongin. Promise me you'll build the time machine. Promise me you'll remember this name... Park Chansung."

 

"I promise." Eunjin says. She stares at Chanyeol's face, his perfect figures. His hair is dyed in grey. His eyes are captivating with his intense stares. He is wearing a black leather jacket and navy blue jeans with a pair of black and white roshe run.

 

Chanyeol's eyes are teary. The water in his eyes looks like they will fall anytime soon. And they finally fall down to his cheeks.

 

"Just... Who are you, Chanyeol?" Eunjin whispers. Chanyeol cups her face,

 

"I am your son."

 

                                                                                                    

 

"How old are you, Chanyeol?" Eunjin asks shakily and he answers, "I am 23 years old."

 

"23? How old am I when I... Well... You know?" Eunjin shrugs. He smiles, "You're married when you're 20. I was born in 2024 and you were 26 that time."

 

Eunjin stares at him with wide eyes, "Wow... How old am I when... You're 23?"

 

"You're already forty-eight years old." He grins. Eunjin's jaw drops, "Forty-eight?! Oh my..." She laughs. Chanyeol keeps on staring at her with a wide smile, "It's great to see you laugh again."

 

"What do you mean?" She asks. Chanyeol sighs, "Since dad died... Well in the future, you... Are depressed. Especially when you and dad were betrayed by a very close friend."

 

"Jongin is a friend?" Eunjin asks, surprised. Chanyeol nods, "A very close one. He almost smashed your machine but I stopped him. He was going to shoot me but... Dad took the bullet."

 

Eunjin stares at him, "And I became... Will be depressed?" He nods and Eunjin holds his hand, "I'm sorry."

 

Chanyeol smiles, "You told me everything about what happened on this ship. That's how I knew where and when to pull the trigger. You remembered everything. I wasn’t even with the soldiers. I didn’t exist yet in this year."

"What is my husband like?" Eunjin asks shyly. Chanyeol grins, "Dad? He's... very handsome. He's nice and smart... He cares about you and me a lot. He went... He will go to the same university as you."

 

Eunjin smiles at the thought of teenage love. Chanyeol takes her hand, squeezing it tightly, "You're very pretty, mom."

 

She smiles and puts her palm on Chanyeol's right cheek softly. Chanyeol shuts his eyes and enjoys his mother's motherly touch.

 

"You haven't done this for so long. I miss you." Chanyeol says and Eunjin's tears falls from her right eye. She asks, "Why do you come to this year? Why didn't you go to a day before Jongin killed your father?"

 

Chanyeol sighs, "Because you're the one who travelled back in time. You from the future set the date and you got into the portal. However, the machine's server was down at the moment and apparently, you from the future is stuck in the time loop or a limbo... Or maybe don't exist anymore."

 

"Oh dear..." Eunjin cups . Chanyeol sighs, "And then I fixed it. I came after your future self but... I can't find your future self anymore. There's just... You right now. Your future self has set this day, this date. That's why I'm here."

 

Eunjin is speechless.

 

"Mom..." Chanyeol calls. "Yes?" Eunjin looks at him. Chanyeol looks down and plays with the rifle, "Please don't do anything stupid again."

 

Eunjin frowns, "What?"

 

"You asked me to go warn yourself. You told me about everything that happened on this ship. You wanted me to come here but why... Why did you try to come here by yourself anyway?"

 

Eunjin stares at his intense expression. His voice vibrates and his tears are pooling in his eye sockets.

 

"You told me to go but why did you go? You left me alone with the time machine. I was anxious, I was scared, and I don't want to lose you." He wraps his face, crying underneath his palms.

 

"Was my promise to you to come here not enough for you? Was I not convincing you enough?" He sobs. Eunjin moves closer to him and wraps her arms around Chanyeol's body, "No... No... Please don't say that. I-I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

"Promise me you won't do that again."

 

"I promise, Chanyeol..." Eunjin tightens the hug. "No matter what?"

 

Eunjin nods, "No matter what."

 

And Chanyeol replies her hug after she kissed his forehead.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS CHAPTER. THE NEXT ONE WILL BE THE LAST CHAP ^^