Park Chanyeol

Rendezvous: In the Heart of the Ocean
PARK CHANYEOL
Chapter 2
 
The crews at the top are all dead, shot by the air force. The red light on the aircraft turns green, making the soldiers jump from it, straight onto the ship.

 

"Everyone search the ship!"

 

Eunjin heads out to the kitchen but she stops when someone grabs her by the arm. She turns around in shock, "Who are you?"

 

"Follow me." The male says, grabbing her arm tightly, dragging her along with him. Eunjin is stunned by his charm but then shakes it off, "What? Where are we going? I need to take something from the kitchen. My friend is sick!"

 

The man shakes his head, "It's dangerous there. The soldiers will throw smoke bomb there in 3...2...1..."

 

And the smoke slowly follows them from behind. Eunjin's eyes widened, "Just... Just who are you? Are you a soldier?"

 

"I was."

 

"You were?" Eunjin asks, still dragged by the mysterious man. The man then stops, making a sign for Eunjin to stay quiet. They hide behind the wall and when a crew comes through, the man knocks him out by hitting the back of his neck. The man takes the rifle from him and searches his pocket.

 

He takes the pocketknife and slides it inside his black leather jacket. He takes a gun from the crew's other pocket and hands it to Eunjin. Eunjin takes it without saying anything.

 

"We have to get to my friend... She's not well." Eunjin says. The man shakes his head, "Yoona will be fine. You gave her the medicine; she'll recover in 15 minutes. She will be safe and she'll make it to the boat."

 

Eunjin stares at him, "H-how did you know her name? How did you know that I gave her the medicine?"

 

The man stares at her. His eyes are shining with intensity.

 

"I come from the future." The man says, staring into her eyes. Eunjin's eyes become wide, "What?"

 

"I'm here to save you..."

 

Eunjin stares at him, "Who... are you?"

 

"Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." He says.

 

Eunjin is confused. She frowns and shakes her head, "I-I'm sorry but what? How?"

 

Chanyeol takes her right hand, "I can't explain now. But I can prove it to you. In five seconds, a crew will come walking from behind that wall and I'll shoot him on his left chest. 4... 3... 2..."

 

Bang!

 

Eunjin gasps. Chanyeol's right. She shrugs, "I can't fully believe that yet. It could probably just a lucky guess."

 

Chanyeol smiles, "Don't worry. There's still more. Follow me! We have to run away from the soldiers too!" He takes her by her wrist and starts running deeper in the ship.

 

"I thought you said you're with the soldiers?!"

 

Chanyeol answers while running, "I was! I'm from the future; I'm not supposed to be seen like this right now!"

 

"Why not? What's the problem?" Eunjin asks, panting. "I'll tell you once we reached somewhere safe. But before that..."

 

They stop running and Chanyeol points the rifle to a place. He shoots once a crew walks in front of him. Eunjin looks at him in disbelief before continue running with Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol keeps on looking at his watch and he would stop running and points his gun out.

 

Bang!

 

He shoots again. Eunjin follows him from behind but she stops when Chanyeol pulls her wrist, making her head hits his chest. He shoots the crew that just came down from the stairs. Chanyeol holds her shoulders and looks at her face.

 

"Are you alright?"

 

Eunjin nods vigorously. Chanyeol caresses her hair, "I almost forgot about that one." 

 

"Alpha 1, go left."

 

Chanyeol curses under his breath, "This way! Hurry!" Eunjin follows him to somewhere she never goes before. She pulls Chanyeol's hand to make him stop and turns to her. Eunjin shakes her head, "I... I never come to this wing. I-it's forbidden... I can't step in here; this wing is for the crews."

 

Chanyeol smiles, "Not anymore. Come on!" They stop running for a while and hide under the stairs as the crews are sprinting down angrily.

"The ing marines are here! I knew it! I knew we shouldn't have rest here for too long." A crew says.

 

Chanyeol whispers, "We can't be here for too long. The marines will come in here and there will be some shooting happening. Come on, upstairs!"

 

Chanyeol locks themselves in a crew's room and they pant heavily, gasping for air. "We're safe here for a while." Chanyeol looks at his watch. He then pours water into two glasses and hands one to Eunjin.

 

She takes it and quenches her thirst. She looks at the gorgeous man in front of her, "Is it true?" Chanyeol frowns, "What?"

 

"Is it true that you're from the future?"

 

Chanyeol nods slowly, "I am. Trust me."

 

Eunjin looks up straight, still panting. "How? How are you here? How is it possible?" Chanyeol stares at her, "Because you're the one who built the time machine." 

 

Eunjin stares at him wide-eyed, "What?!"

 

"In twenty years’ time, you will build a portal machine that takes you to any day, year, and time. You are Lee Eunjin, you're from Busan. You've been on this ship for already a hundred days. When you're nineteen years old, you'll get into Kyungsung University. In six years’ time, you'll get your PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering. After that, you'll start working on the Time Machine. That's how I get here; with your machine." Chanyeol says.

 

Eunjin's jaw hangs slightly open, "But why are you here? Why did you travel here?"

 

Chanyeol stares at her, "To save you."

"Save me from what? Did I die?" She asks. Chanyeol shakes his head, "You didn't but... You're betrayed."

 

"Betrayed by whom?" She asks. Just as when Chanyeol opens his mouth, a loud bang is heard from far away. Chanyeol looks at his watch and opens the door, "Time to go now!"

 

Eunjin runs behind him and quickly stops as Chanyeol did the same. Chanyeol points his gun straight ahead and says, "Incoming behind you."

 

Eunjin turns around nervously, her back touches Chanyeol's back. She points her gun and her eyes are wandering. Chanyeol counts, "Yours in 3... 2... Now!"

 

Eunjin pulls the trigger and the bullet hits the crew's head. She cups and turns around, staring at Chanyeol who has already shot three guys. He throws the gun away and uses his rifle.

 

"Where are we heading to, Chanyeol?" She asks. "To the lowest level."

 

"Then why did we go upstairs just now?"

 

"To hide. We're going to the lowest level to hide too. We're not going anywhere from the lowest level until everyone on this ship are evacuated." Chanyeol says.

 

"Why did I build a time machine?" Eunjin asks, jogging slowly. Chanyeol shrugs, "That's the question that I've been dying to ask you."

 

Eunjin sighs, "Well I don't know."

 

Chanyeol keeps on jogging and he points his gun to the left, not even bother to turn his head to where he's pointing at. He pulls the trigger and one man down. Eunjin looks at him in disbelief, "You remembered everything from the past? Everything that happened in this ship?"

 

"Every single one of them." Chanyeol answers, staring at her in the eyes.

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HELLO, THANK YOU FOR READING THIS CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU WILL CONTINUE TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER. THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHAPTERS LEFT, SINCE THIS IS A VERY VERY SHORT STORY ^^