Cry Cry

If and Only If...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

hear this to get the feeling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KF9yt6E7g4

 

****************************************************************************************

 

Still flashback...

 

 

Two years after the wedding, Hyoyeon got a phone call. It was from Eunhyuk! She was truly shocked. After a long time with no contact, suddenly, he called her. However, his voice sounded terrible. She asked him what had happened.

“Hyuk, tell me! What happened? Wait, are you crying now?” she asked. She was worried about him. She thought he was happy all this time. But here he was now, calling her and his voice seemed like he was crying.

At first, he was reluctant to tell her but being stubborn as she had always been, she forced him to tell her the truth.

At last, he told her the truth.

“Actually, my wife and I had divorced,” Eunhyuk told her.

Again, Hyoyeon was shocked. “What did you just say? When was it? How that happened?” Being unable to control her curiosity, she asked him directly.

However, she heard him chuckled. “You can still laugh at the time like this?” Hyoyeon felt weird.

“I laugh because you still don’t change from the girl that I used to know. Always could not hold your curiosity,” Eunhyuk explained the reason behind his laughter.

The comment put Hyoyeon in silence. She admitted it. She had not changed. So did her love for him.

“Hello? Hello? Are you still there?” Eunhyuk asked when there was no response from Hyoyeon.

“What? Yeah, I’m still here,” Hyoyeon replied, “Err... are you okay now?” she asked.

“Somehow, when I talk to you, I feel like the burden in my shoulder seems to be washed away. You always make me happy,” Eunhyuk said.

Hyoyeon could feel the sincerity in his voice. She was touched. She felt happy that she could make him feel at ease.

“Hyo, can we meet?” Suddenly, Eunhyuk asked.

A mixing feeling engulfed her. She wondered why he wanted to meet her. Deep down in her heart, she was hoping that Eunhyuk wanted to see her to confess his love. She had to admit it, she never stopped loving him although years had gone. However, he told her to wait until the day they met. So, they decided to meet at their usual place.

Finally, that day came. On that day, Hyoyeon wore her best dress and did her make up as well. She wanted to look pretty for him. She waited for him as promised at their usual place. She waited and waited but he never showed. One hour... two hours... she waited for about five hours but there was no sign of Eunhyuk.

“Eunhyuk, you are a bad person!” She cursed him as she went out of the restaurant after waiting for more than eight hours for Eunhyuk.

Full with anger and sadness, she left the place. She was mad at herself for still having such big dream. On her way back, there was a traffic jam. Her mind was full of questions. Then, she saw some policemen near the road. Looked like there was an accident before as she saw a car was badly damaged at the road side. However, she had no desire to stop by as her heart was badly damaged too.

As she went home, there was no call or even a single message from Eunhyuk. For thousands time, she was hurt by the same man called Eunhyuk.

 

A few days later, she received a phone call from Eunhyuk’s  ex-wife, Gyuri. It was very weird to receive a phone call from her. She asked Hyoyeon to meet her. Hyoyeon was hesitant at first but Gyuri told her that it was important. So, she had no more excuse to reject her request. Then, the meeting was decided. They were going to meet at a restaurant.

As promised, they met at they decided place at the decided time. Gyuri gave her a smile as she greeted Hyoyeon. She told her to be comfortable and treat her as a friend.

“Eunhyuk and I had divorced. Do you know that?” Gyuri started their conversation after they made their order.

Hyoyeon stuttered, “Err... yeah, I know that. Eunhyuk told me before. I am sorry to hear that.”

When she mentioned his name, her heart once again was hurt. There was still some residue anger left in her heart when he did not keep his promise that day.

“Do you know the reason why we divorced?” Gyuri asked Hyoyeon unexpectedly.

“No. He never told me before,” Hyoyeon answered. She started to feel burdened. Why did she asked this out of sudden?

Gyuri sighed and threw her gaze out of the restaurant.

“I have something to tell you. A news. About Eunhyuk. But, I hope you can be patient." Gyuri's face looked troubled and she seemed hesitant to open to say anything.

‘Could it be that she and Eunhyuk are back together again?’ Hyoyeon’s heart began to pound heavily. She shook the thought out of her mind. ‘No! It can’t be. Please not that. Anything, but not that,’ she prayed.

Her prayer was answered. Yes, the news was not that. However, the news that Gyuri brought was even worse. It was a tearful news. She told Hyoyeon that Eunhyuk had died because of a car accident. He was on his way to some place, but no one knew the real place that he was heading to. Hyoyeon was dumbfounded. When Gyuri mentioned the day he had the car accident, Hyoyeon was shocked again. It was the same day that they were supposed to meet!

Then, Gyuri told the place where he was having the accident. It was near to the place they were supposed to meet on that day! She burst into tears. He died because of her! He met the accident on the day they were supposed to meet! He met the accident on his way to meet her! That accident! Suddenly, she remembered the accident that she had seen on her way back. Her cry became louder and louder. Her tears were unstoppable. If and only if she stopped at the scene on that day. If and only if they did not make the promise. She cried and cried like she never cried throughout her life.

Gyuri tried to console her but she was too immersed with her sadness. Nothing could stop her from crying that day. Seeing Hyoyeon’s tears, Gyuri's eyes were also filled with tears. Then, both of them cried together. They cried their heart out.

“Be... because... of me... he died... Eunhyuk... because... of me... my... my fault...” Hyoyeon said behind her sobs. She continued to blame herself while hitting her head with her hands. How could she forgive herself? Eunhyuk died because of her and there she was, blaming him because he did not come on that day.

“No. Don’t blame yourself. It was no one faults.” Gyuri hugged Hyoyeon.

It took a while before Hyoyeon could stop crying. She was still weeping and tears were dwelling in her eyes, looking for the perfect time to fall again.

“There is something I want to give to you.” Gyuri started the conversation after she saw that Hyoyeon had calm down.

Then, she took out something from her bag. “I believe that this is yours,” she said and gave it to Hyoyeon.

It was a book. She was surprised and even more surprised when the book was actually a diary. Eunhyuk’s diary.

“But... why?” Hyoyeon asked, confused.

“I was arranging his things when I found this diary. Read it. And you will understand everything,” Gyuri e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter