Chapter 4

Discontinued MarkJin Chapter Story

2nd last chapter guys! I warned you T T


“Jackson, Bambam, we need to head out.” Mark leaps off of his position on Jackson’s couch. The was time striking 10 o'clock, the roads pitch black with only the street lamps to light them up.

 

“What are you talking about Mark, it’s ten right now, you sure you haven’t gone crazy?” Jackson whines from his position in front of his computer, not turning around to meet the elder’s eyes.

 

“Hyung, we’re almost done this game, where do we need to go anyway?” Bambam clicks furiously on his mouse and keyboard. “Yah hyung that’s unfair!”

 

Mark let’s out a sigh, reaching down to grab two pillows. “Hey you two.” Mark doesn’t give them a second to react before he throws the pillows at the back of their heads. What am I going to do with these two es.

 

The two boys yell out immediately, whipping their heads to glare at Mark. “What the hell Mark! I was so close to winn-”

 

“Jinyoung and his friend from the other day wants to have a talk with us. From the looks of it, it’s about the legend.” At Mark’s words, the two drop their headsets immediately and leap out of their chairs.

 

“Why didn’t you say so earlier hyung?” Bambam pouts slightly.

 

“Bambam, have you heard anything from team Beta?”

 

“Nothing yet hyung, everything’s stable.” Bambam chirps as he bounces from side to side.

 

“Tell them to meet us at this address.” Mark flashes his phone's screen in front of Bambam before immediately slipping it back into his pocket. “Let's go.”


 

“Hyung, why are we meeting at your house? Wouldn't it have been easier to meet at my house?” Jinyoung voices his opinion. The two had drove here at the darkest of night, and had since been waiting for around an hour.

 

“I don't want them figuring out where your house is. Besides Mark, there are those two other boys. I don't trust them.” Jinyoung looks to Jaebum. His friend's eyes looking off into the distance, as though he is thinking of something deeply.

 

The doorbell rings, snapping both him and Jaebum out of their thoughts. Jinyoung stands to open the door. “Jinyoung.” The younger stops in his steps, looking over to Jaebum. “I'll open the door.”

 

“Yeah…” Jaebum walks over to the door, Jinyoung following slowly in his steps. Jaebum hesitates slightly, his hand stopping just short of the handle. Jinyoung opens his mouth to say something, but the door is swung open, five boys housing the entrance.

 

Jinyoung spots Mark in the front by peaking around Jaebum's shoulder. Mark, Bambam, Jackson. But Jinyoung doesn't recognize the other two standing behind them.

 

Who…


 

Who are these two?” Jaebum sits all five of them down at a table, questions practically bursting out of him.

 

“Team Beta. Youngjae and Yugyeom, they're one of us.” Mark explains calmly.

 

Team Beta? What does that mean? Jinyoung is worried, anxiety slowly growing inside of him.

 

“You'd better explain everything, from beginning to end. Now.” Jaebum's voicea his thoughts clearly, each word precise.

 

Silence stretches through the room. The two new boys as well as Jackson and Bambam turn their heads to Mark. Waiting.

 

“When the five of us were young, we lived together. We never knew who our parents were, we only had ourselves.” Mark's voice is soft, but a small hint of dominance still hidden beneath. “There was an old lady who took care of us, we never knew her name but she gave us a home and she fed us.”

 

“She said that a boy would come to us, and we would need to protect him. So we trained.” Jackson mumbles over Mark, whose head is down, staring at the floor.

 

“That boy is you. Jinyoung.” Mark lifts his head, his brown eyes burning right through Jinyoung’s.

 

“Me?” Jinyoung exclaims, confusion shaking him. “What do I need protecting from? It… it just doesn't make any sense.”

 

“We don't know either sir.” Jinyoung's attention is drawn to one of the newer boys, Youngjae.

 

“Sir? Why are you calling me sir?” Jinyoung exclaims, baffled.

 

Youngjae nearly leaps up from his seat but, “Youngjae, stand down.”

 

The young boy freezes, his whole body tensing up. The voice is Marks’. “We've grown up knowing we'd have to protect someone. Don't blame my younger’s for addressing you this way.”

 

Jinyoung sighs as he ruffles his hair with his hand. “I'm just so ing confused.”

 

“Jinyoung…” Jaebum who had been standing behind Jinyoung's chair, places his hand on the boy's shoulder.

 

“I'm fine Jae… can you get me a glass of water?” Jinyoung mumbles as he glances over his shoulder, giving a slight nod to his elder.

 

Jaebum turns and walks out of the room, leaving Jinyoung alone in the room with the five boys.

 

“Mark, what could I possibly need protecting from?” Jinyoung questions with concern.

 

“Youngjae and Yugyeom are keeping watch right now so-” Mark stops mid-sentence, his eyes drawn elsewhere.

 

“Mar-” Mark holds a finger up to his lips, his ears twitching as though listening for something.

 

What's going on? Jinyoung observes as Mark exchanges glances with Jackson and Bambam, the two younger boys tensed up.

 

“Hey what's goi-” There's a loud crash, a thunk on the ground. Jinyoung looks down at the ground, his eyes widen. He takes a breath.

 

“Get down!!!” Mark yells, and before Jinyoung can react, he's pushed onto the floor, a warm body holding him. A loud boom erupts.

 

Then, everything goes black.


 

Jaebum coughs, smoke and ash flying around the room. He contemplates whether he's blind from the blast, or if the whole room is too foggy to see . He goes with the latter.

 

“Jinyoung!” He shields his eyes as he takes a step inside. , where's Jinyoung.

 

“Jaebum don't come in here!” That voice… Jaebum racks his brain. Youngjae? An unknown fear shakes him, and it's not for Jinyoung. The young boy’s voice is hoarse, and Jaebum can hear grunting and yelling.

 

Jaebum stops, the smoke slowly beginning to dissipate. The boy gulps. I can't just wait here helplessly. With that thought in mind, the boy steps fearlessly into the smoke, unsure of what awaits him.


 

Mark groans, not out of pain, but of the piece of debris crushing down on him. “Jackson, Bambam!” Mark yells at the top of his lungs as he desperately tries to push the debris that weighs down on his back.

 

Sweat rolls down the boy's ash filled face, and he gulps. Jinyoung lies beneath him, his eyebrows knitted as sweat forms on his face. what's wrong with him? Mark worries that the young boy is having another attack. He let's out a grunt, the debris barely shifting despite him putting all his power in to lift it.

 

“Mark!” The voice belongs to Jaebum who stumbles through the debris reaching the boy. His eyes stop dead at Jinyoung. “What's wrong with him!?” Jaebum hurries to help break them free.

 

Mark grunts through his clenched teeth. “He passed out from the blast, he's hot, I think he's having an attack.”  Jaebum doesn't answer, until finally Mark breaks free.

 

Mark falls down, out of breath, his breathing ragged and dry. “Jaebum, get Jinyoung and bring him to the front door. Wait for Youngjae and Yugyeom, they'll get you to our base. I have to help them.”

 

All the while, fighting and yelling and broken out among the fog. Belonging to both their allies, and people they did not know. “Hurry, we'll meet up with you.” Mark lifts himself up, his tongue clicking.

 

“Mark! You're bleeding!” Jaebum shouts out in concern. It wasn't just a simple wound. Mark's back was practically mutilated. His shirt ripped to shreds in the back, revealing patches of bright red flesh; blood practically dripping off of him.

 

“Don't worry.” Mark doesn't turn back to look at Jaebum. “It doesn't hurt.”


 

Mark stumbles through the fog, gearing himself to the closest source of yelling. Youngjae. “Youngjae, status!” Mark yells through the fog and for a few seconds, nothing.

 

But suddenly, “eight unknown, all armed with knifes.” Mark runs to Youngjae’s voice, until he's close enough to see him. The boy struggling against a taller man, dressed in black, only his eyes visible.

 

Without hesitating, Mark runs forward, throwing his fist into the unsuspecting man's face. The man falls to the side, plenty of damage already inflicted by Youngjae. “Youngjae, are you okay?” Mark checks to make sure the man is out cold.

 

“I'm fine.” Youngjae wipes the blood from his lip, the right side of his face beginning to swell.

 

“Good, find Yugyeom, then guide Jaebum and Jinyoung to our base. I'll meet you there with Bambam and Jackson.” Youngjae nods quickly before running back into the smoke.

 

I've got to find them and get back to Jinyoung. Mark grits his teeth as he sprints off into the smoke. . I'm running out of time.


 

JinyoungJinyoung, Jinyoung!” Jinyoung's eyes snap open, his heart practically beating out of his chest. His eyes are blurry, but he can make out the figure of Jaebum.

 

“Jae… what the happened?” Jinyoung tries to analyze where they are. The room is dark, there are no windows, a single lightbulb hanging from the ceiling lighting up the room.

 

“You scared the out of me Jinyoung.” Jaebum sighs as he collapses into a chair. It's then that Jinyoung realises that he's lying on a couch, a ragged blanket laid over him.

 

Mark. “Where's Mark? What happened Jaebum!” Fear grips Jinyoung, the pounding in his head only reminding him of Mark. What happened when I passed out?

 

“We were attacked.” Jinyoung looks past Jaebum. Youngjae and Yugyeom, behind the boy, both working on a laptop. “Our first priority was to get you out of there. Mark, Bambam and Jackson still haven't returned yet.” Yugyeom types furiously on the laptop, his gaze not wavering in the slightest.

 

“He looked pretty bad Jinyoung…” Jaebum mumbles, his hands resting on his legs as he stares down at the concrete floor.

 

No… A strange fear shakes Jinyoung, one he had never felt before. The shaking boy closes his eyes, blocking out everything. Mark. Mark! No answer. Jinyoung was sure that his thoughts had went through, the short sting in his head confirmed it. But there was no answer.

 

“Jaebum…” Jinyoung whimpers as he opens his eyes. Jaebum looks in shock at his friend. Not once had he seen Jinyoung act this way for another. “M-Mark…” Jinyoung splutters, his eyes b with tears, shocking Jaebum even further.

 

“Jinyoung…” As Jaebum is just about to lean in and comfort Jinyoung, the younger notices Yugyeom jump out of his chair.

 

“Yugyeom?” Jinyoung throws the blanket off of him, hope gripping his heart.

 

Yugyeom looks to Jinyoung. “They're here.” Yugyeom runs with Youngjae to the door, Jinyoung leaping off of the couch; remnants of his headache, gone.

 

Yugyeom flings the door open, a long slope leading up to what seems to be the surface. But what grasps Jinyoung, is not the base. It's the rain-soaked boys standing in the doorway.

 

Bambam is limping, clenching onto his arm that dangles in an odd way. Jackson is beat up, his body scratched up all over the place. But more importantly, the limp body that is slung over Jackson's body.

 

Mark.