Chapter 1

Discontinued MarkJin Chapter Story

Do know what the first definition for pain is?

 

“Physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury”

 

Isn’t that a joke?

 


 

“.”

 

“How’re you feeling Mark? Does it hurt at all?”

 

“Shut your trap you .” Mark coughs, pushing his scratched up body out from the rubble.

 

“Hey, not my fault dude, calm down.”

 

Mark looks up to his friend, his hand held up in front of him. “You’re going to get it when we get back home.” Mark grips tightly onto his friend’s hand as he stumbles over the rubble.

 

“Again dude. Not. My. Fault.” He emphasizes, stressing the pauses in between to make his point.

 

“Whatever.” Mark dusts off his shirt, squeezing his friend’s hand tightly before he lets go.

 

“You sure it didn’t hurt?” His friend looks Mark straight in his eyes, Mark noticing the small glint of worry within them.

 

“Nah, why you gotta ask every time?” Mark walks past his friend, avoiding eye contact. “It’s not like I can feel it.”

 


 

“Ah …”

 

“What?”

 

*Sigh* “I forgot my ID card inside, hold on hyung.”

 

“God Jinyoung, we’re already late you know that.”

 

Jinyoung kicks off his black sneakers as he re-enters his house. “Sorry hyung.” Jinyoung raises his hand in apology as he runs down the hall to turn off the ear piercing alarm. “Just give me a sec.” Jinyoung murmurs after turning off the alarm.

 

“It’s 9:50 Jinyoung, I need at least 15 minutes to get there you know?” Jaebum calls impatiently from the doorway, his body leaning against the frame in annoyance.

 

“I got it.” Jinyoung calls as he appears from a room, a small white card hidden tightly in his hands.

 

*Beep* Jinyoung runs down the hall after turning on the alarm, quickly hopping out the door and pulling on his sneakers as Jaebum closes the door behind him.

 

“Lock the door for me hyung, I’ll wait in the car.” Jinyoung waves his hand as he smiles brightly at Jaebum.

 

“Yah!” Jaebum stands up straight. “That’s not what I have a key for, Jinyoung.”

 

“You know I love you,hyung.” Jinyoung smirks, already halfway into the black car in front of his house.

 

*Sigh* “This is what I get for asking for a copy of your keys.” Jaebum groans as he takes out a ring of keys from his grey hoodie.

 

Jinyoung makes a heart with his hands from inside the car as the elder’s back is turned and shortly after, leans back into the leather seat. His dark brown eyes closed as he tunes out the sound of the engine starting.

 

*Sigh* Someone save me.

 


 

“Everything seems stable for now, but the virus could reappear at any second so we’ll still need you to come in for daily check ups.” A nurse smiles wearily at Jinyoung, the two sitting in an empty white office.

 

“Thank you.” Jinyoung mumbles, glancing at the clock hanging over the door. 1:00, what a waste of three hours.

 

“I’ll hand over my report to the main office, if you could please head there and figure out another day for a checkup.” The nurse clothed in blue stands up from her seat, a thick stack of papers nestled in her hands as she slowly wanders out and into the halls.

 

“How was it?” Jinyoung looks up to see Jaebum standing in the doorway where the nurse had just exited, his arms crossed and his eyes lined with bags.

 

“Sorry hyung, did I make you wait?” Jinyoung slowly gets up from his seat, pain shooting from his left arm. .

 

“Yah take it easy Jinyoung ah…” Jaebum’s voice is clouded with worry as he strides forward to support the boy.

 

“I’m okay hyung, I’m used to it anyway.” Jinyoung clutches onto his left arm and shoots Jaebum a small smile as he shuffles towards the halls.

 

“How many did they give you this time?” Jaebum mumbles as he slowly follows the boy out into the hospital halls.

 

“Nine.” Jinyoung winces as he remembers the painful three hours, thankful that he’s in front of Jaebum so the elder can’t see his face.

 

“God Jinyoung, that’s more than usual.” Jaebum speeds up to match his steps with the younger boy.

 

“Yeah, I know, but they said I’m stable, so what else can I say?” The words coming from Jinyoung’s mouth shock him because they’re filled with hatred and anger.

 

Jaebum stops walking, surprised from the sudden words of his friend.

 

“You go ahead, I’ll talk to the secretary for another check up okay?”

 

Before Jinyoung can turn around and say that he’s sorry for bursting out at Jaebum, the elder has already walked off, his back faced to Jinyoung.

 

I’m sorry Jaebum…

 

Jinyoung grits his teeth and continues through the mess of injured people and nurses, making his way to the exit of the hospital.

 

“Ow!” Jinyoung clutches his arm as someone in pitch black pushes him aside. “What the hell…” Jinyoung mutters under his breath as the figure in black doesn’t even turn around to apologize and continues to stride to the entrance.

 

Jinyoung grits his teeth, his arm throbbing. Any other day, Jinyoung would have brushed his anger off, but today his temper has already reached it’s peak.

 

“Hey you !” Jinyoung strides forward, ignoring the people staring in his direction from his yell. When Jinyoung finally reaches the figure he’s already outside the hospital.

 

“Hey!” Jinyoung grabs onto the arm of the figure, forcing him to turn around, ready to tell him a little something about manners, but when their eyes meet, Jinyoung’s rage simply dissipates.

 

The figure’s red hair hidden under his black hoodie shines in the afternoon light and his dark brown eyes are stained with pain. Jinyoung can only stand and stare in awe at the figure.

 

“What the do you want?”
 

Jinyoung’s blinks several times before he returns to reality, anger boiling up within him again.

 

“What the do I want? You freaking bumped into me and didn’t even apologize.” Jinyoung spits furiously, his eyes alit with flames.

 

“Get used to it- the world isn’t an easy place to be.” His voice is unwavering, even as his body is turns away from Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung scoffs. What a ing brat. “You think I didn’t realize that? That still doesn’t you an excuse to-”

 

“I don’t have time for you, just go run and cry to your mother.”

 

“The did you say?” Before Jinyoung can stop himself, his right hand has already clutched onto the collar of male’s hoodie.

 

His eyes widened, obviously surprised by the latter’s actions, but regained his composure in a matter of seconds, his eyes returning to its eerily calm state from before. “Overreacting at such a little statement. What a little kid you are.” The words come out firm and unnecessarily harsh, as he swiftly lifts his leg to kick away Jinyoung’s arm.

 

Jinyoung immediately lets go of the figure as he feels his nerves shoot up from his arm. . Jinyoung clutches his arm as it shakes with an unbearable pain.

 

“Sorry, did that hurt?” He says in mock concern, a smirk spreading across his face.

 

Jinyoung glares up at the red-headed male, a string of comebacks prepared in mind.

 

“Jinyoung?” The voice belongs to Jaebum, who is running up to him. “What’s going on?” But Jaebum doesn’t have to wait for an answer as he sees Jinyoung hiding his shaking arm. “You ing !” Jaebum erupts with anger as he begins to approach the figure.

 

“Yah Jae…”

 

Jaebum stops in his tracks as he turns to face Jinyoung, his eyes searching the other males’.

 

“Let’s just go home.” Jinyoung mutters under his breath, already turning away to walk in the direction of the car.

 

Jaebum sighs, turning back to face the figure in black. “I’ll remember you.” Jaebum throws a glare to the figure before running to catch up with Jinyoung.

 

“Jinyoung, huh.”


 

“Hey Jinyoung, tell me what happened.” The two are sitting in the car, already nearing Jinyoung’s home.

 

Jinyoung faces away from Jaebum and stares out the car window. “Nothing happened.” Jinyoung mutters under his breath.

 

“Stop lying Jinyoung, your arm is still trembling.” Jaebum stops the car, the same white house towering over them.

 

“It’s really nothing hyung, it was just a spasm from the shots.” Jinyoung unbuckles his seatbelt and exits the car. “I’ll call you later okay?”

 

Jinyoung shuts the car door and takes out his keys as he slowly walks up to his house.

 

*Click* Jinyoung shoots one last glance to Jaebum who is waiting in his car and lifts up a hand to say goodbye before he kicks off his shoes and stumbles into his home.

 

The continuous ring of the alarm echoes through Jinyoung’s head. *Sigh*

 

What a horrible day… Jinyoung shuts off his alarm and meanders over to his bed before collapsing onto it. Might as well go to sleep. Jinyoung reaches into his pockets and pulls out his phone while still lying face down on his bed. 2:00- what kind of a time is that to sleep?

 

*Bzz* Jinyoung nearly drops his phone in surprise at the sudden notification. Who in the world? Jinyoung looks at the text message number. 604-990-9234? Who?

 

-Missing something?-

-Meet me at XXX at 7:00 tonight-

-Jinyoung.-

 

Jinyoung sits straight up, the colour draining from his face. What am I- The boy reaches into his front pocket. My ID card! Jinyoung gulps, dread sinking into him. How do they know my name..

 

*Bzz*

 

-Tell anyone if you dare.-

 

The ? Jinyoung’s mind races as he feels his nerves creep onto him. Who… Jinyoung lets out a sigh. I can’t tell Jaebum… what if he gets involved?

 

Jinyoung falls back onto his bed exhausted from thinking so much. . Jinyoung grips his left chest, his heart aching with every beat. Sweat begins to form on Jinyoung forehead as he lies curled up on his bed. Jinyoung sighs, welcoming the drowsiness that comes with his attacks as he slowly fades away into sleep.

 


 

“Remember Jinyoung ah, a man clothed in black, his red hair shining in the sun, and his two brown eyes gleaming with fury: he will protect you.”

 

“R-red hair?”

 

“Yes little Jinyoung-ie, please remember this for me.”

 

“Mmm!”

 

“Promise me. Even if you forget all of us, never forget what I told you, okay?”

 

“Promise grandma!”