0003

FAKED.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun


    Eunji did wake Naeun up at five am. She was able to borrow a small truck and that idiot just have to stand next to the car, her arms folded together and her grin being so beautiful and amazing in the morning sun. Naeun wanted to pretend that that didn’t make my heart beat at all. Naeun tried to keep her cool but every time she remembers last night, and every time she remembers the small actions of the younger one, she knows she really can’t keep calm at all. The younger was able to give her those fluttering feelings. Something her past beaus couldn’t even give her a bit.

    She’s… she’s not someone Naeun could like… But the younger became someone she could, and that thought scares her. The younger didn’t even change at all, as her sarcasm and her proud nature was still always there.

    Can someone tell me how that is possible?Naeun thought while staring at the rearview mirror, avoiding to catch a glimpse of the eye smiling girl for she know that the moment her gaze drops down to those elegant brown hair, she wouldn’t be able to look away.

    The whole day was just a long ride, just stopping when they needed to buy food and snacks or needed to release nature’s call. They were not even speaking much, but strangely it is not uncomfortable. In fact, it was a really comfortable atmosphere that Naeun wouldn’t be one to complain… Just feeling the wind coming through the windows, running for about 80mph… She didn’t expect to have fun at all. And yet, there she was, hoping that the ride would go on forever at least.

    She almost even forgot that it was her birthday. That day, she turned 20, and suddenly, instead of asking for a gift, she was thinking of when is Jung Eunji’s birthday. She said she was eighteen years old. Does that mean I am somehow more than a year older than her? She’s in college already so that means she can’t really be that young, right? All those thoughts came into Naeun’s mind though no answers showed up right in front of her.

    Afternoon when the two of them decided to switch driving… Eunji was the one who was driving since day one and knowing that the latter could be tired enough, Naeun volunteered to take over for the night since they can’t afford to be that late at all. So as the darkness starts to take over the sky, Naeun was in the driving seat, driving of course. Eunji was sitting next to her, strumming a guitar.

    “You know how to play?” Naeun asked as she wonders where the heck did the younger one took the instrument. “Where’d you get it?”

    “I got it from the guy who lets me borrowed this.” Eunji answered simply while tuning the guitar. 

    “How were you able to take this car by the way?” 

    That’s when Eunji straightened up her seat and grinned, “I got him some thousand dollars, my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, my precious iPad and my occasional signed Fifth Harmony poster and t-shirt. I don’t think I have to return this truck anymore actually. He seems so happy receiving my gifts.”

    Naeun giggled along, wondering how someone can give up a vehicle for a celebrity’s autograph. Eunji later on started to play a certain tune, leaving the older who is driving to listen on the song.
 

I walked through the door with you,

the air was cold,
But something 'bout it felt

like home somehow.
And I left my scarf there

at your sister's house,
And you've still got it

in your drawer even now.

    Naeun was left in amazement, wondering how many talents do the girl next to her have and hidden. As much as she wants to stare at the younger girl as she was playing a song, she has to keep her eyes on the road.  The only thing she could do is look at her from time to time and giggle along, listening on the angel’s voice that is coming to her ears.

Oh, your sweet disposition

and my wide-eyed gaze.
We're singing in the car,

getting lost Upstate.
Autumn leaves falling down

like pieces into place,
And I can picture it

after all these days.

    At that part, Naeun already sang along with her. Naeun doesn’t like Taylor Swift that much but her old songs were something, and she likes those old, innocent songs she once had.

And I know it's long gone,
And that magic's not here no more,
And I might be okay,
But I'm not fine at all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter