0002

FAKED.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun

                “Hey, wake up… Naeun-ah… Let’s wake up, shall we?” Eunji’s voice was like an angel the moment Naeun opened her eyes. No, I am actually just kidding. Naeun seemed to forget what has happened for the past few days that she thought she was still at home, sleeping peacefully in her bed only that her bed isn’t as hard as what she was lying at, and that her sleep wasn’t as peaceful as she expected it to be.

                “Yah!!! I wanted to sleep more!!! Why wake me up?!?!” Naeun screamed while the voice kept making her crazy as it is waking her up. When she can’t take it anymore, her eyes shot open and got shocked upon seeing Jung Eunji grinning at her.

                “W-what are you doing here? W-where am I?”

                Naeun was kinda irked up seeing the seemingly younger girl giggled at her question. It even irked her more when the younger initiated to carry her in her arms, well more like drag her up and assisted her in getting down on the truth.

                “Okay, so for your information, Son Naeun-ssi, we are in Chicago. And as for your question as of why am I here… oh come on, do you really forget everything after you wake up?”

                Naeun wanted to rub off the grin on the latter’s face at that. And when she said that she wants, she will…

                “Oww~ what was that for?!” Eunji shrieked when she was suddenly getting shoved at the side of the road, with her bags with her.

                “For revenge…” Was all Naeun’s cocky reply. She gathered up her stuff and entered the dining place in front of them, getting ready to order some food. Yep, most of her stuff must’ve been dumped with that car but at least, she knows that Jung Eunji has money.

                When they were reunited in a table, that’s when Naeun told her that she was already ordered.

                “What did you buy?” Eunji asked suspecting when the waited came and give their orders. Eunji can only look in both shock and amusement as varieties of pastas and chicken were being served. “I can understand if you are hungry and all… but how much does it cost?”

                “It’s all for 1293 dollars ma’am.” The waiter informed her before disappearing in the back of the counter.

                Naeun could see the second shock on Eunji’s face as if she was about to faint. All she could do though was laugh in revenge inside her head. Less for Eunji means more for her anyway. And it’s not like she’s against the latter so much, she just likes bullying the younger girl after finding out their age difference.

                “Uhmmm… this is so delicious!” Naeun mumbled between bites and slurps. Eunji couldn’t even take a spoon as she just stared at the least dainty girl in front of her. It was like seeing a really popular celebrity being just a real person for once. It’s weird… but amusing.

                Naeun didn’t care as she was filling up her stomach since she basically didn’t have any dinner last night. When all she thought of food, she finally noticed that the only thing Eunji touched was the black coffee ordered.

                “Aren’t you eatingsh?” She asked, still chewing some burger on . The younger girl just gave her a smile at least, placing a plate of sandwich in front of her. “Go and eat. I’ll just wait here for you to finish.”

                Finally getting splashed by the thing called guilt, Naeun took the sandwich from the plate and instead of digging it, and she shoved it in Eunji’s mouth.

                “y-yahhh!!!”

                Since the latter probably have no choice but to eat and swallow it to live instead of being suffocated, Naeun grinned in victory.

                “You should eatsh to be healthysh…” Naeun said one last time before finishing the coffee of her own.

                She was the first one to finish, as the brown haired girl was having some time with her sandwich. It’s not that the latter didn’t want to eat, Naeun could notice that Eunji was looking at it as if has some dangerous ingredients that would kill her.

                “You don’t want that?” Naeun finally asked.

                Eunji immediately shook her head, “I’m just checking what ingredients it has since it tastes good. You liked it either, right?”

                Naeun just nodded her head, not knowing what was the hidden agenda behind Eunji’s strange behavior.

                After breakfast, they once again rode the truck to Des Moines, since it’s the farthest the truck can take them. Eunji thanked the driver of the truck who was delivering some goods on the city. Naeun didn’t care one bit. She wanted to just finish everything after a few days.

                When nighttime befell on them, the driver pulled over a small motel where they could rest for the night. Since they have no choice, both Naeun and Eunji shared a single bed room which is kinda small for the two of them.

                “We’re really unlucky, aren’t we?” Naeun muttered staring at the single bed where they can barely fit. “One of us literally needs to sleep in the floor.”

                “That wouldn’t be me.” Eunji’s immediate answer as she dropped on the bed with a teasing smile. “That would be you!”

                “Hey! I’m sleeping on the bed so you should be in the floor!” Naeun complained while hitting the other girl with her duffel bag.

                “Y-yah! That hurts!!! Why am I being the one sleeping on the bed anyway?!”

                “Well you technically dragged me into this situation…”

                Eunji thought for it for a while before sighing. “Okay, I’ll give you that. But my back aches too from not sleeping in the bed for more that forty eight hours. Let me sleep here in the bed with you!”

                “Yah! Can’t you see that the bed is only for one person?”

                The moment Jung Eunji flashed that million dollar grin and said that it doesn’t matter, for a while Naeun thought that maybe it wouldn’t matter too. Besides, it wouldn’t be that bad to have the other girl sleep in the same bed right?

                “There’s a pool outside. I’ll probably take a swim for a while to get freshen up.” Naeun muttered in defeat as she changed into some shorts and went for a swim.

               

                It has been half an hour since Naeun was swimming and doing laps on the pool. When she got so tired, she settled in the bottom of the pool, just casually taking a look around the blue water where a blue light illuminates it from below. Her thoughts were something that can’t be washed by water or any fast swimming though because throughout the entire time that she was down there, swimming, her thoughts were gradually still coming back to the eighteen year old, brown haired girl with the name of Jung Eunji. She didn’t understand when that eye smile becomes so endearing. It still hasn’t come to her too as to why she started giving in into the latter’s pleas and statements. Normally, she wouldn’t even let herself come with a stranger for a walk but here she was, in the middle of nowhere with a girl she barely knew for a few weeks. She didn’t understand why she trusted the younger girl. And when she thought of that… she realized that she indeed trust the younger one. She just couldn’t know why or how.

                Lifting her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter